Bad Logic

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by kmguru, Jul 24, 2001.

1. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Crazy Canuck...

Welcome at Sciforums. That you may post long and happy here.

You are very right here. Jehova means literally god! Tony has difficulties here. By the way, I bet he will quote you nicely. As he does with everybody who is posting.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Have fun! And have a nice day...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. esp Registered Senior Member

Crazy Canuck...

Welcome stranger to Sciforums.
    Sit, pull up a fire, friend...

My thoughts from what you wrote...

One mis-spelling in a print run of a copy of a Holy book and there exists the very real potential for conflicts arising from not the disputes between seperate religions, but conflicts between branches of one religion, chinese whispers.

An asside;

In earlier times, the letter f was sometimes substituted of the letter s.

Think about the pasage reading 'The lord gives me succor'.
    Think on.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Well, hello now sucker...it's time for me to go...Bye...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

kmguru,

I have to agree with you... I'm having somewhat the same experience. I Love a girl, have lots of dreams with her coming to me... but my Christian friends say that it's the Devil trying to trick me and giving me expectations... so then... what? It's God saying that she is for me or it's the Devil making me suffer? I would like a Christian to answer me that... Tony1, for example...

It's true in my Heart, so how can it be from the Devil?
    I guess this answer you kmguru... it has to come from the essence of your being...
    But I still want to listen from Christians...

Love,
    Nelson

8. kmguru Staff Member

Truthseeker:

Does that mean your faith is Judaism? Anyway, whatever, it is - you can make it work if you are up for the challenge. The truth is Love is an emotion that is a result of too many different sensory perceptions and information. The reason people call Love is blind is because, it is difficult to take apart all the factors involved including the most powerful item called pheromones. Certain pheromones can act as lock and key based on your DNA makeup. In the last 25 years, I have met 4 to 5 women that matched with mine. It was an interesting experience and could be another topic.

You have to look at the whole picture and decide what actions you must take for each reaction. If the net result is your happiness (your new family) go for it.

I do not believe in Satan. It is an excuse for people that do not want to take the responsibility for their actions... (like satan made me do it....exception - if you are sick)

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

kmguru,

My faith is only mine... not Judaism or Christianism. There's only onefaith, and this is what I got...
    Talking about that... today I dreamt that I casted a mountain in the sea...

It's not this kind of Love I'm talking about... I'm talking about a Highter Love... Ok... let's change the name... you can call it Silence, you can call it God, you can call it Tao... Just call it the way you like it. The name is not important... what is important is the perception you have from it. I perceive Love, because that's the part of my Essence I perceive mostly. You may perceive another...

Without interaction, it's worthless...

Satan is illusion...

Love,
    Nelson

10. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

'I exclaimed "...such perfectionism on a day to day basis would become monotonous and in effect cancel out the positive effects. A bit like having a birthday every day, you might at first be happy at being swamped in presents, but eventually you have to look at having your family surrounding you all the time and not giving you any peace and quite, and the whole present thing would seriously get boring when you start getting duplicate gifts." '

Heaven would not be like that for you. God created mansions. Each mansion is suited to the occupant(you).

I am a member of the "Church of Jseus Christ of Latter Day Saints"(a Mormon). You will always find that the missionaries will be polite, and our meetings are a pleasure to go to.

"sheer audacity of a con-man to have created a religion is an enormous credit to the ingenuity of the human mind." Eleven million members and climbing...most of those from converts. You can go to any of our churches worldwide and hear the exact same doctrine. Few other Christian religions can say this. Time hasn't made much of an affect either. I'll let someone reply before I say more. Let me know if you have any questions, because I know where my testiminy is.

As for those people that say science and religion can't coexist, go jump off a cliff.

11. kmguru Staff Member

Eleven million members and climbing...most of those from converts.

So is Islam...climbing that is...

You can go to any of our churches worldwide and hear the exact same doctrine.

You want fries with that?

Few other Christian religions can say this.

Other...???

because I know where my testiminy is.

As long as the rats did not get it...

You will always find that the missionaries will be polite

Yes they are. It is the members that are not...

and our meetings are a pleasure to go to

For whom...? Besides, the highest Valium user in USA is Utah, so 'pleasure' could be the "middle name"....

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry I don't have a on-topic reply , but I will think of some.

in the mean time
    AHHAAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

it's so cool. so cool. I'm laughing through tears writing this. Man Tony, you have outdone yourself. Russell?!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahahahahhahahahaa
    thank you tony. the best laugh in this entire week

13. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

So, how exactly do you know this for certain? Have you been visiting the heavens during your life-time? Do you recall any memories from former lifes?

What mansions are you talking about? Isn't it all about the same old story? Do you claim everyone who "comes in" gets his/her own little room to stay in?

Same old story, same old song and dance my friend. All godbelievers are basically telling the same, they just use different names and bend the rules of their "mansion" a little bit much to their own pleads.

So what are you talking about? Explanation please...

14. lotuseatsvipers CloseMindedBob Registered Senior Member

I've only had close meetings with one, and studied it a little, but the religion has nothing to do with science at all, its just a strange title. At least the founder was a woman, thats kind of cool.

Wow, I hope you aren't a good example of their 'politeness'....

<jumping off a cliff>

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

As for those people that say science and religion can't coexist, go jump off a cliff.

I'm not about to "jump" to conclusions. There will always be irrational people in the world who follow religious fantasies and unfortunately we must coexist with them. So if we are forced to coexist with them, it may be worth our while to attempt to turn their brains on and force them to see reality.

Wishful thinking.

16. SrinivasAG Registered Member

Too Tiny

We humans have five senses (including hopefully, tony1)- see, hear, feel, taste and smell. Did you know that Bats that we see clinging around have a unique sensory mechanism that allows them to produce and perceive ultrasonic waves- they navigate with this sense, night or day. Some viper snakes can actually 'see' heat! All this just to say that what we perceive about the world is just miniscule. Imagine for a moment that no human had eyes- would we ever have imagined that there does exist something called light at all?

One fact that we should probably keep in mind is that God must be amazingly larger and powerful than ANY of us CAN ever imagine. Science says the Universe has no bounds- but how can anything have no bounds? from what we have learned to believe- no bounds, but's beyond that?
    Did you ever watch a single cell form a young baby by its own on Discovery channel? Yes, it is the enzymes and proteins, the DNA and blah blah blah that does it, but how? Who measures the exact ppm of testosterone that is needed to make the foetus male- Jesus, Allah, the Buddha or Siva?

And if one among us selects one of them (even if tony1 does it!) and thinks one is right, it shows one is small and doesn't EVEN think big- good luck. Nevertheless, as a belief, yes, we may choose one over another because we are more comfortable with that philosphy. If the eastern philosophy has God saying "I am everything- all you need to do is do your duty", and all the supreme is 'Maya', the universal power, yes, this may be closer to what I think.

Doesn't the concept of every human being a small part of a bigger power, fusing with the larger power ultimately sound more reasonable than dying and going to heaven to the mansion you choose?

The Bible or any other holy books or epics are mere interpretations of what people felt and may be right and supreme at the point of time that they were written. If we try to shoot at them, hardly any religious book would come unscathed. Does the Bible even stand the scientific truths that have now been established beyond doubt? No book would.

We need to take what best we can make out of the books, match with the big picture and move on. Just remember, what we believe is mere speculations of what God can be like, not what He is. Just choose what is close. God doesn't care! It is just like what one of your body cells thinks- you never care.

And if are filled with a peculiar stunned confusion when you read this, sort of like being hit in the head real hard, may be the head is not made to take the pressure. Leave it those with better clarity of thought! All the millions who follow other faiths have heads too, may be better ones.
    And in this smallness, if we have somone knocking at the door to 'save' us, all we can do is smile!