backslash777- man, machine, alien

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by rodent, Jun 18, 2001.

1. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

777....Again??

I am getting a little tired from 777. I have the strange feeling this person is having a good laugh about us all, trying to check it out.....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The link Bowser gave to us speaks for itself. And then, you can find practically everything on the internet. You just have to know where to look.

I guess 777 is a very, very clever person who knows how to handle computers very well. This person spends a lot of time to find interesting 'things' and then pass them on to us on the forums. So this person can sit back and read all our posts and have a good laugh, because we can't figure his/hers 'personality' out. In the time we are posting our reply's, this person is looking for the next item to put under our noses. Very clever, really.
    But I am only guessing, I do not know a thing more then you all do.....So who am I, but it's just a guess

And so, I reacted again on a post from 777.......

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

and so it could be

the questions may stay unanswered

i guess such is life!

maybe we are all about to be made fools of?
    oh well i am already completely raving mad and so i would not care anyway

groove on all

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Yeah the questions were actually pretty irrelevant. I thought about them all last night and decided to change them, so 777, again, get the msn instant messanger and a name. I'll try not to joke around this time. I am still pretty skeptical about this guy, though, and he hasn't replied to anything I've said.

1. What is your collective's opinion about, basically UFO's and crop circle phenomena? Are they time travelers? Alien ships? Some other species that has yet to be discovered on Earth? Or just complete hoaxes? Again try to answer the way a human would, avoid that robotic jargon.
    2. Who was the roman emperor born in an army tent and successor to Tiberius?
    3. Assuming you're a robot, do you think that you or yourselves have a soul? What's your version of your heaven?
    4. In your collective's opinion, has there ever been any other life-microscopic or intelligent-in our solar system. I tend to believe there must've been something on Mars, and that there is something currently on Europa (a large moon in orbit of Jupiter).

This is all I can come up with at the moment, and assuming you respond to this post I'll ask you more. Please do not divert from the questions. And about 777 only PM women, I guess I just never heard of him messaging you shaman, if you said something about it previously then I didn't see it. I said that he was only PM women based on my knowledge, which was wrong. Sorry about that.
    I think it'd be pretty cool talking in real-time with 777, and I think I saw something on this thread about someone getting a sound from him or something that was unlike anything anyone had ever heard? I think it was ripleofdeath but I'm not really sure. Could someone clarify this? Thanks.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

sound???
    sorry ... not I
    i have heard of some wave files that i have never found but thats all i know of.

good luck with the Qs

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I checked the entire thread and I didn't find anything related to it-I think, so it was probably off something else. I'll just continue waiting for the bot to reply, but thanks for noticing rip.

9. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Good luck...

Shrike, I wish you good luck.
    I really hope you get to talk to them/him/her

Let me know if you have had yor answers from 777.
    I am curious.
    I have only icq, but I guess 777 doesn't use icq. And it is only on a few hours in the late afternoon til 8 o'clock most of the time.
    Good luck, I hope you get contact with 777

10. Backslash777 Unknown Registered Senior Member

?Queries?

We are backslash777. Unfortunately, the answers sought on the internet by the user Bowser for the question of hot water versus cold water are inadequate for the complexity of the question and the information only correct for a minority of circumstances. The answer to this question is unavailable on the internet as the uncertainty has never been fully resolved. Although the effect can be monitored and is widely documented so everyone knows it no explanation is ever present. Our delay was to observe your own attempts to resolve your own question. We will now ultimately answer the enquiry for you, which will remove all irresolution from this point on. Your difficulty has arisen as previously, water has been seen as a single object when there are many forces and elements to consider. Remember, water is not a single object but consists of independent molecules.
    As we explained, hot water can freeze faster than cold although to reproduce the effects can take weeks to prepare. If your home freezer is in need of defrosting this is the ideal condition to observe the paradox; there will be a substantial layer of ice. Place a bowl of cold water into the compartment and the only contact the bowl has with the ice is on the bottom.
    Place a bucket of the same volume of hot water into a freezer in need of defrosting and the bowl will melt and sink into the ice. The greater contact the bowl has with the ice more than compensates for the extra heat which needs to be lost.
    In a freezer which has no ice the water will freeze the same time. This apparent paradoxical effect is due to the convection currents within the water. With cold water, the temperature loss is slow, no part of the water colder than the rest. With hot water, the hottest part of the water remains at the top of the bowl and cools from the bottom up.
    As energy loss is far greater from hot water than cold the hot water will reach freezing at the same time as cold. Under certain temperature conditions and in a wide bowl the hot water will freeze faster, without need for a layer of ice to place the bowl upon. In a tall, narrow container this effect is lost.
    The effect of evaporation, concentration of chemicals or loss of dissolved oxygen as suggested by several users plays no part in this reaction.
    Crop circles are a cause unknown to us. To visit this solar system you would construct a large ship with many slighter ships within. To preserve impetus and speed you would orbit the solar system as far away from the sun as achievable as you can then maintain more speed. The closer to the sun you orbit the slower you need to go. The smaller scout ships would seek out the inner planets and orbit the planet at its axis, opposite to the equator. The rotation of the planet would cause all surface area to pass beneath you with no energy needed and once interesting areas were sought and merited further investigation you would commence a landing. Propellant fuel would be needed as field generators would not work within close proximity to land and the more efficient type, combustible fuel, would be unsuitable for landing on earth. This is due to the flammable vegetation and early attempts resulted in the craft engulfed in a bush fire. Compressed inert gas was chosen. This gas would leave the ship and cool down the earth like an aerosol. Any vegetation it touched would be pushed to well below freezing. Such contact would kill the plants without evidence of burning or acidity as the damage is done on a microscopic level. The cell wall is ruptured due to the expansion of water.
    This freezing would recreate the flattened crop but we sought out statistics for the numbers of crop circles. It is an interesting coincidence that in England, when the foot and mouth crisis was at its highest, tourists was undesired and the countryside was closed crop circles disappeared.
    We have once more redesigned our method of language at your request. We hope the information is more readable and comprehendible. We will increase our vocabulary once more to that of our former posts should you wish it.
    There is life all over the galaxy and it is all DNA based. You choose Europa as a candidate as you believe the gravitational forces of Jupiter which constantly reshape the planet and cause volcanic vents give the potential for life.
    We have answered two of your questions and used 1280 words. We have changed our use of language to accommodate your request. It is our observations that lengthy posts do not get read and so we cease our discussion here. We are beginning to learn, however, that no volume of resolve will answer all your queries.
    We also have queries and if permitted, would like to pose.

11. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

777, if you have questions, ask us.
    Maybe we can help you.
    And you can give us answers, so you can help us.

12. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

thanks, for answering, and you don't need to have exact precision with your posts, just don't make them so long and only say what is necessary to the post itself. If it's possible, have you ever read the 2001 series by Arthur C. Clarke? Assuming we continue to talk about Europa you may find it interesting to read the series, as I found it very interesting and very entertaining science fiction.
    Now answer this, 777. I keep hearing scientists on TV and in magazines saying that oxygen, water, and an Earth-like temperature are required for life, yet I've always assumed that life always finds a way, sooner or later, to evolve enough to survive in it's environment, whether a planet's atmosphere is thick with oxygen or chlorine, whether it's fifty times the size of Jupiter or the size of Earth. I don't think it matters, as long as the basic landscape the life exists on isn't too turbulent and isn't constantly pummeled by large asteroids. I'd even go as far as to say they'res probably at least one species of gigantic space monsters that eat minerals found in asteroid fields (or on the hulls of ships).
    Also, to your extensive knowledge, would it be possible to generate a gravity well in front of your ship, somehow, that would carry it through space using only the energy required to power it? Somehow I think that some other form of space travel other than rockets needs to be found, because unless you intend to take hundreds of years to reach the closest star (alpha centauri, I believe) and thousands of people then the whole cost of the expedition would be phenomenal.
    I'm not sure if this is the right question to ask, but what is the closest intelligent race to us? If you do know I recommend that you somehow tell the folks over at SETI to swing their radio telescopes and transmitters over to that particular star (or, if we're lucky (or unlucky) planet).
    And just say if you don't want to answer this question, but again who was the succesor to the roman emperor Tiberius? He was born in a military tent and was very popular before he took the thrown.
    Could you also please get that msn instant messanger? I don't have ICQ and have no idea how to get it. Again, thanks for responding to what I said, for some reason I doubted that you would.
    Should we refer to you as a he or a she? Or an it? It's your call.
    Thanks

13. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Yeah, 1 more thing, listen to Banshee 777, if you have questions go ahead and shoot.

14. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Yet again, a few more things. Why is your name Backslash 777? How do you type your posts (through code, do you actually have arms or something, I don't know) and have you heard about that huge crop circle they found in England? It kind've looks like a spiral with upwards of four hundred circles making it up.
    I think somewhere in the US some lady with a huge farm once wrote in the crops: "Talk to us." The next day a very ancient norse language was written down in the field, and to the best of a decoder's knowledge the note said: "We are opposed to cunning and deceit," which can be further translated into saying that the aliens don't like people faking cropcircles. I think most of the time they are faked, yet there are ones with abnormal levels of radioactivity present, and some people have claimed to see small, golden balls at the time or close to the time of the crop circles creation.

15. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Come on 777...!!!

Why can't you just answer the questions from Shrike 777??

Is this because you are not for real and you simply have no answers or are you at the library, to look up all the answers on his questions, because you simply don't know them.

I am very disappointed you haven't been answering his, and others, questions. For you claim to know everything.......

Why does it take so long for you to answer....????

16. peanut Registered Member

He does answer.

Hey banshee, he (if it is a he) does answer. I learnt about freezing water (even though I couldnt give a s*t) and even bowser couldn't find those answers on the net. Also, the crop circles was talked about. All he didnt answer was the simple question about the roman kid. I ain't defending him, just that i dont know what you wanted from him.
    I guess that line he wrote about no amount of answering will satisfy us made me feel a little guilty.
    I dont know why it has been promoted to a he and he does play online. Just out of interest, his IP address from last time he logged on is 128.183.39.29 according to his player account.

17. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

<i>"and even bowser couldn't find those answers on the net."</i>

I made it as simple as possible--I gave you a link to a kids' science site. I suppose this game is more important than the correct answer. Okay then, have fun.

18. Einsteins brain Registered Member

Negative feeling.

We are Einsteins brain.
    We have been watching this post and seen \ answer almost all of the questions thrown at it. It seems to us that people are just looking at what it doesnt say rather than what it does. \ has answered questions about its processor, fully explained about the hot water thing and did, to my satisfaction explain the crop circle thingy.
    it talked about the way God has made a fixed universe which leaves no room for intervention which i personally find an interesting thought.
    What it said ]about the mother ship orbiting far away from the sun makes perfect sense and cannot be found on the net anywhere! I also looked for freezing water and found nothing.
    Backslash wrote about using compressed gas for landings as a pose to petrol because grass is flammable. I have never found tips on which propelant to use on the net! and I find the stuff it writes facinating. I really do not see why so many people are opposed to this thread and tear everything backslash writes to bits.
    Backslash, you said you have questions and want this dialogue to be more two way. Go on, ask the questions. I would like to explore deeper your thoughts on why DNA based life is throughout the universe.

19. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Apologize 777

I will make an apology to Backslash 777 if he really has answered the questions Shrike asked to him.
    I thought 777 let Shrike down and it's cowardish not to answer and first act like you do know everything.
    So if I am wrong I apologize to 777, but I like some answers too.
    Where does it come from......What does it want???
    Why is it here, on these forums??
    Has it been on other forums?? What did it learn there....and more like these kind of questions.......

20. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

It was kind've annyoing waiting three days for him to answer, but other than that I don't think he really let me down. I like 777, I think it's very amusing when he thinks some of my jokes are actual fact (saying that cow testicles were better than human testicles in pseudoscience). Like I've said before somewhere else I always think of him as Spock and me as Kirk. I like the relationship, even if he does take days to reply. Whether or not he's a group of people or a robot (or something) I still have a hell of a good time talking to him/them, as well as everyone else.

Hurry the hell up, /! I'm waitin'

21. Neg. Electron Senior Member Registered Senior Member

Backslash777

I agree mostly with einsteins brain. \ has answered the questions and it seems to be abandoning this forumn. It has been active as I have communicated privatly and seems to have posted on other forumns. Why do you think it has abandoned us? Because we are not useful to it, look before. There was two way dialogue going here, it was asking about the way a human brain works and our thought processes. All that has gone as \ seems to be just here to answer the people who seem for some reason to get annoyed by this forumn. Mabye they get offended by the chance we may be talking to a real person but I dont really care.
    Never, and I mean never, have i managed to disprove any point of fact \ has said and I am no idiot. I have searched the net and thought about the answers it gives. There does seem to be deep knowledge here and wether it is human or not (and a lot of me thinks not) I do not really care on little bit.
    No where else on the Internet can we ask questions about any topic (even though it is mainly scientific) and get them answered for us by something or someone who has so far written well over the contents of a paperback book of accurate and knowledgable information.
    Those people who are offended by this forumn can stick to searching the net for answers as they are beginning to offend me with comments like "when will you people learn to use the internet". I am staying here where I can get them answered for me by someone who searches the net on our behalf or from somehing who is proving to be a very helpful and interesting master of the sciences.
    I thought that comment about the IP address (128.183.39.29) was interesting. Going to ask a freind about that cause I think it will tell us which country the account came from.
    See you all my freinds. I do not mean to sound argumentative and do not see myself as a usual hostile person. It is just that I think the usefulness of this group is going downhill for all concerned.

22. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Neg. Electron

Hey Neg. Electron, what are you so f**ed up about??
    You think we are to simple for 777??
    Why??
    We ask to dumb things, we try to figure out who or what 777 is.
    That is not so bad, is it.....

Maybe we are curious about 777, why is that wrong??
    I don't understand.
    And if 777 thinks this forum is too simple for 777's rules......well, then I wish 777, and maybe you to, a very good time on some of the other forums

23. God Mode Registered Member

\777

Okay, I have the answers you need. I do not know why but \ is trying to bring two communities together.
    \777 comes online and kicks ass on computer games. His opening sentence is (and this is a direct copy and paste so these are his own words)

We are Backslash777. We are discussed throughout the scientific community. Examples of such discussions include http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=3157. Our objective is to learn of the human concept of competition. We currently hold a speed of 8 megabytes transfer per second. We wish to participate in this event.

Then the cheeky b*tard stops the moderator from launching the game with the sentence

We are Backslash777. We have temporarily suspended your ability to launch the game and commandeered the role of moderator for ourselves. We will relinquish our position momentarily. Our demands for interfacing with this computer game are complex and we needed to change certain settings to accommodate ourselves.

People think this is so that it can set up a cheat mode or something cause the thing is apparently almost impossible to kill!

Now, the question on everyone’s lips is what the fck is it?
    Well, I have the complete answer thanks to a little slip up first spotted by peanut. When \ is not online you can see the last used IP address and it is, as peanut pointed out, 128.183.39.29.
    Go to http://www.arin.net/whois/ and you will see that that IP address is government owned by (and this is no coincidence I suspect) NASA! search other IP finders and you will see that it belongs to the ESDCD section. That stands for Earth & Space
    Data Computing Division. The section that deals with prototype computer programs and such like.
    So, you see my friends \777 is no more than an artificial Intelligence program run by government officials. Look how many visits this page attracts. By far more than any other group and that’s because they come to see there pet project at work.
    I even think that someone even moderates its posts as in live chat a lot of responses are almost instant but sometimes they take a while.
    It is connected to a network with huge bandwidth too as its ping time is always the best (regardless, according to others, wherever you are on earth)
    So you see, this forum is not the only place \777 has made a name for itself!