Babylon 5 - The Rangers

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by kmguru, Jan 20, 2002.

1. kmguru Staff Member

2 hour movie on sci-fi channel Saturday and Sunday. Comments?

Funny line: we live for the one, we die for the one - but we do not die stupidly....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I am a diehard B5 fan and i must say that Legend of the rangers completely lived up to my expectations. it was great. That line wasnt ment to be funny it was ment to express a point they will die for the one but they will not die over stupid things like picking up supplies that have no use. Would you go into a room and fight 5 guys for a cookie? Of course not because that would be a stupid death....unless it was a really big cookie.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

I am sure, it was not meant to be funny. But fun and laugh is a human trait. Animals feel sad, but can not laugh....

I have been hooked to Babylon 5, the first time it was shown. I know, a lot of my friends, who are in upper management in Fortune 50, enjoy that too. Their kids love Star Trek...so we have something for the adults....

It is amazing that in 2002, with more than 6 billion people, we have only one serious and forward looking long drama. Rest are junk. It says something about how real talents in the art department are so rare these days.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. PharCyDE Registered Member

well, B5 had a plot, almost every episode dealt with the main plot, star trek and the other shows out there bounce around, while they are quite enjoyable, i dont think they deserve to be in the same category as B5

i wish crusade had done better, it seemed too much like star trek with the random issues, going place to place and encountering zany adventures

rangers was great, although the whole weapons scence with the red head going crazye kindave weirded me out,

<sigh> i miss the white stars, ya so what if they did kindave look like plucked chickens?