baby names!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Apr 16, 2007.

1. leopold Valued Senior Member

you are one strange mofo chi.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i dont see it like that, it does nothing for my "image" most people who i have told these names to have laughed at me and called me an idiot, they look down at me for it and laugh at me,

i think quite the opposite, why should i conform with everybody else and give the child a common name like ben luke john or darren,

just because everybody else copies each other with names it doesent mean i should give my child a boring over used name.

why shouldent my child have an original name wich is not used by millions of other people, just to "fit in" with society,?

children will make fun of other children regardless of what name they have, so i should not choose a name i like just because "some1 might make fun of it"

i wont let bullying hinder the choice of powerful strong name i give my child,

lucky for my child he will be learning various arts of armed and unnarmed combat from the age of 3, if somebody doesent like his name and wants to poke fun at him they will not do it again

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

a warrior shall not have a name like andy, he shall have a name like iron fist.

ages ago the name "hurcules or heracles" was popular and was not made fun of, but now that the name has become famous, people say "you cannot call your son hurcules", why the hell not? if i like the name then i like the name.

why did everybody here choose a cool name for there sciforums handle? why didnt you choose a name like bill or dave, because they suck and there not fun thats why!.

peace.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

one_raven that name is a bot out there isnt it who are you trying to impress with that name? why didnt you use a name like bill or ed,

wanted to make an image did you

or did you just like the name for a reason?

see my point? how do i know my future child will even like any name i give him, statistics show that hardly anybody likes there name anyway, so what difference does anything make,

peace

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

see now they are some powerful DBZ names.

i like the name saiyan, kabitoshin.

peace.

8. draqon Banned Banned

we choose names, cool names, like draqon and emptyforceoftao because it is us, we are the sole proprietors and we chose it for ourselves. And that is why we have the right.

This is different.

This is a new life. A new beginning. A chapter of new life, a new entity. Give him/her the freedom not be seen as a fool but as a regular human just like you and me.

9. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

but us regular human biengs dont ever like our boring names, so why give them to people when they all end up hating them.

peace,

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i like jaden,

peace.

12. draqon Banned Banned

Adrian, Blade, Braeden, Bran, Brend, Brendan, Brone, Condon, Corbett, Corey, Crevan, Daray, Darcy, Daren, Donovan, Hadrian, Karan, Keegan, Keir, Kione, Nigel, Remington, Raven, Ryu, Than

13. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

And you'd like to invite that kind of treatment onto your child.

When someone dresses in all the latest fashions, just because they are expected to, they are letting others decide what they should wear and what image to fit into - they are weak-minded.
    When someone dresses as outlandishly as possible, just because they are expected to try and fit in, they are letting others decide what they should wear and what image to fit into - they are weak-minded.
    There is no difference.
    Being "different" isn't being yourself - it is still letting other dictate who you are.

Powerful, strong name?
    Like naming your child after a cartoon character?
    These aren't the names of a powerful person.
    A powerful person has nothing to prove.

14. draqon Banned Banned

I don't know anyone ever who hated their name.

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

ryu, akira, jace, damascus, steel, ice, onix

jinx, star, chi chi, storm, raven, breeze

16. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

you have got to be kiddin me dragon,

peace.

17. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Some people hate their names, yes.
    Some people don't.

And you think that somehow naming your child something that will get him/her ridiculed constantly and beat up regularly will make that less likely?
    You will end up with a child who hates his/her names AND his/her parents for it.

18. FreeThinkers Registered Senior Member

I always think that you should choose a name that you like the meaning of. Every child in my family was named based on the personality traits they showed as a child or based on their appearance etc.

19. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

so your saying i cant do something that others do or im weak minded, and i cant do something others dont do because im weak minded, ??

so why cant i do something just because i like it. or is that weak minded also?

basicaly all your saying is dont choose a name that i actualy like,

i cant win either way with you can i my friend, im weal minded for choosing a name others choose, weak minded for choosing a name others dont choose,

and im bieng selfish choosing a name that i actualy like,

so what should i do just not name him or give him a bog standard boring name and be done with it?

what ever happened to giving the child the name you like, and the child respecting that name because he is your child and was brought into the world by you,

peace.

20. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

That's not what I said.
    It comes down to intention.

Never mind.
    Name your kid after a pop-culture cartoon character or an old world God.
    She will be thrilled that you thought so much of her.
    Hey why not Sponge-Bob or Cthulhu?

21. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

children will ridicule other children for anything, even if he has the most normal name in the history of names, other kids will find a way to make fun of him i can assure you,

my child shall learn to deal with other childrens insults like everyone else has to,

why shouldent i be allowed to give him a name that i actualy like everyone else gets to name there child with what they like, you can never know what the child will like because he is not born when you name it,

so lets just say everyone is bieng selfish because your giving a child a name that he has not approved of and told you he likes?

peace.

22. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

how do you difine a decent name for a child then, apart from "give it a name thats common and ordinary"

peace.

23. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

I agree. Children can very cruel, I remember kids being ridiculed because of their names. They were ashamed to say their names, it affected their confidence and the way they conducted themselves, which is quite sad.

EmptyForceOfChi, at the end of the day its entirely your decision, but I would advise you to avoid 'bizarre' names. No disrespect mate, you’ll find some cool names in those name dictionary things, I’m sure you’ll love some of them.

Take it easy