B2B question

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by deepslate, Jan 12, 2017.

1. deepslate Registered Member

Hi. How does B2B work? Will this help in generating revenue or will just basically help you in promoting your brand and gain new clients?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exchemist Valued Senior Member

B2B is just shorthand for "Business to Business". It describes business done with other businesses, as opposed for example to retail business, which is business done with private individual consumers, sometimes called B2C. It is not a technique.

If you run an engineering company supplying parts to Ford, you run a B2B business. If you are a Ford dealership on the high street you run a B2C business.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. deepslate Registered Member

Thanks for the response, although, I must say that I need more information regarding B2B. I tried to look into it via google and I read that it is also a service provided by a digital marketing firm.

One more question though, it is mentioned that B2B is not a technique, if so, what is it considered then? What other businesses can engage into B2B with the assurance that it can be used in its maximum potential?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. exchemist Valued Senior Member

It may be used by some people as a trade name, or the name of a service they offer. I don't know. You'll have to research it with them. But apart from that, it is just a term to identify the types of customer a business has. As I explained originally.