avenged sevenfold

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by lucifers angel, Nov 14, 2007.

1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

who else here likes these?

i thin they are brilliant, i love the song seize the day! and the video makes me want to cry.

Early years

The band was formed in 1999. Avenged Sevenfold's first album, Sounding the Seventh Trumpet, was recorded when the band members were eighteen years old. It was originally released on their first label, Good Life Recordings. After lead guitarist Synyster Gates joined the band, the introductory track "To End The Rapture" was re-recorded with Gates playing, and the album was re-released on Hopeless Records. Their follow-up album, entitled Waking the Fallen, was also released on Hopeless Records and was awarded a positive rating in Rolling Stone magazine. Shortly after its release, Avenged Sevenfold were signed to Warner Bros. Records.

Mainstream success

City of Evil, the third album which was released on 7 June 2005, strayed from metalcore, and M. Shadows chose to abandon the screaming from the first two albums. Although Shadows acknowledges throat and vocal cord damage, and the following surgery to help correct the issues, he says that the change in vocal style was not a result. In their new DVD "All Excess", Mudrock, producer of Avenged's second and third albums, said prior to Waking the Fallen, Shadows had stated that he wanted a CD with half-screaming, then one with no screaming, which was achieved in City of Evil, But he maintains that he's able to scream even better than before since the surgery and training with vocal coach Ron Anderson, who worked with various artists, from Axl Rose, to Kylie Minogue, and Chris Cornell.[1]

M. Shadows - lead vocals, piano, guitars (1999-present)
    Synyster Gates - lead guitars, piano, backing vocals (2001-present)
    Zacky Vengeance - rhythm guitars, backing vocals (1999-present)
    Johnny Christ - bass guitars, backing vocals (2002-present)
    The Reverend Tholomew Plague - drums, piano, backing & occasional lead vocals (1999-present)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZqxl57PeL8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOsIlLC3s_o