Attraction

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by christa, May 8, 2011.

1. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I agree with this - why I said I can't tell you what to do. Your interest must be real, but you need to get out of the house, and its bed, at least for starters.

If there really are no clubs etc. that interest you, and nothing comes from your course - consider moving to a bigger town.

Always your life is ruled by chance more than choice - but this is no reason not to try to stack the deck in your favor, by doing some of the things I suggested.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2011
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

I can lie about that really well.. hahah!!!

oops.. to late!! hahaaha! Already am told that I am ... feel that way too most the time..

I have been trying to see about moving into a bigger town, takes money lol

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Get a responsible girl friend to go with you / share small apt rent etc. Who knows, one of the men she meets himself or his friend may be just what you want. Get a job that will pay the rent there, via week long job search visit to someone already living there, before before you go.

Get nice recommendation letter from the restaurant where you work, (and others?) - tell them you will stay until they can replace you, if it is small, before asking for the recommendation letter.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Dam you beat me to that

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. And your wrong about the female domination it just depends on the type of volly work. For instance I'm a St john ambulance volly and the ratio is about 1 women to 3 or 4 guys. The volly firefighter services, the state emergency service ect all have higher male to female ratios. And even if it doesn't lead to a relationship (which St john certainly seems too, half the people there seem to have met there partners through the organization) at least you are doing something to help the community

8. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I agree and disagree with parts of that. Not every limitation can be thrown out the window to please someone. I have a bunch of shit I can't eat because of intolerances that cause me to a) vomit or b) suffer attacks akin to mild epilepsy. I also can't eat certain food combinations because I get hypoglycemia like symptoms and huge adrenaline dumps...Do you honestly think I ought to end up puking or having a petit mal seizure just to provide someone else with some 20 seconds of spontaneous happiness? Or going hypoglycemic/hyperadrenal because someone's distorted sense of happiness depended on my eating this protein heavy soup they like? And does it honestly matter so much if someone says no to a spicy chilli? Seriously? You have someone you really like and who you have great times with and you're going to make an issue over one mouthful of chilli?

Sorry, but that is such a horribly distorted perspective. If those things are an issue ask yourself why you care so much about whether someone else eats a mouthful of chilli.

9. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Of course not. You make it seem like I'm saying someone with limitations should put extra effort into accommodating my feelings about it. That's not what I'm saying at all...... what I'm saying is that I find it unattractive, so it would just prevent us from "hooking up" in the first place. Having too many limitations automatically qualifies the person for my "friendzone" LOL.

I'm speaking from an ever growing library of experience on the matter actually. I've dated people that are like cockroaches ... that handle every condition or environmental variable without any problems. Those people are always awesome to be around....and yes, they wont be perfect. They will at least have one or two quirks (can handle nuclear spicy chili.... but allergic to cats). I'm a bit of a cockroach myself actually.

The other dating polarity are those people with a crapload of quirks (allergic to cats & hates spicy food & hates mushrooms & scared of reptiles & gets sick frequently & etc etc etc). Those are the people I prefer to avoid.

10. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Fair enough...

Question: what if someone simply doesn't LIKE something? If someone said no to chilli just because they didn't like it, rather than because they had intestinal issues, would that be a yellow flag?

11. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I'm just like anyone else in terms of being attracted to people with similar interests. I have a tendency to enjoy open minded people more than narrow minded. I'm turned off by people who dislike too much stuff.

As far as food goes specifically, if the person only dislikes a couple of things, that's OK......as long as they don't dislike mushrooms

If they dislike a bunch of stuff and they are extremely picky about what they eat...then friendzone. I'm more of a foodie myself, so being around one of those people with really simple tastes (IE - fast food and pizza) would get old really quickly.
    I think the only exceptions are health nuts and vegetarians. I still find those kinds of people attractive.

By the way - I'm not particularly fond of fresh strawberries.