Atheists what is your proof?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by science man, Oct 20, 2010.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No, those don't exist either. Ideas are not real, but they can represent real things, in greater or lesser precision.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. M00se1989 Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

People have always had long held beliefs in a different God, different Gods. And different philosophies and moral stories on how to live your life. But psychologically the current state of affairs in society over the subject is more broken than any political debate. We all share the same morals at heart, and sometimes that is the most important thing to listen to. You have to dig deeper than the surface of your fellow man to find what you are looking for.

What does he believe?
    and why can't you accept that he does not know either. This is applicable to both sides of the fence... religions have their Gods, science has its God particle.

The best definition for God is something you don't "understand".

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No, they are very different ideas. In science, there is just that which is not yet known. In religion those things can never be known. Religion closes the mind to rational explanations, science is open to them.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

That's a big thread. Can you direct me to the post with the definition?

I want you to clearly understand what you just said... which is you would prefer to have an answer that isn't true than to say "I don't know" and wait for a true answer. That means you value the psychological satiation of having an answer more than truth (i.e. you value how you feel more than truth). This fully supports my statement that belief puts "truth" in the back seat.

8. You don't give convincing answers to the issues I've brought up. You say things that don't make sense such as, "Evolution is under no doubt." what the heck does that even mean? You say it's shocking that my name is science man because I don't seem to know much about cosmology, yet you don't try to correct me or if you are, you're not making any sense what so ever. From what I've seen around here, it seems like you atheists on here think I'm ignorant,(especially on my understanding of the theory of evolution) yet you don't try to correct me, or at least, not in a way that I can understand. You guys are very unclear when you to argue back to me on the theory of evolution or you are clear but what you say doesn't argue what I've said. btw phlogistican you don't understand what I was saying when I was talking about converting so let me ask it this way. Do/did your follow a religion? If so, did you talk to them about why you didn't want to follow their religion? If not, why or if so, how did it go?

9. M00se1989 Banned Banned

Repeat after me...

"I am God, I can do anything I want.(given my physical and mental abilities)"

what do I want to do? add more confucian to this religion...

why? you decide. But I would think Hard.

10. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

What is it about the religious mindset which makes them unable to grasp that you cannot prove a negative?

11. M00se1989 Banned Banned

-3^2

you have to start in the past in order to prove a negative as you work your way to the future. Like a setup.

12. lightgigantic Banned Banned

the problem is that you are not talking about real things but things as they appear to the senses (or how we interpret things appearing to the senses).

IOW you appear completely unable to fathom that not only can the senses (and the interpretation of the senses) be subject to illusion but also that we have other means of determining whether something is real or not aside from the senses (as evidenced by most people accepting certain persons as their parents despite not having done the dna testing or personally witnessed their conception)

13. lightgigantic Banned Banned

bollocks

In science (or at least your version of it) you claim to know that all and everything is a consequence of physical phenomena ... which is quite clearly a claim that "science" can never know (since empiricism is always girded by metonymic barriers at the marco and micro level ... or to put it another way, why at a certain level the investigation of the universe or a cup of flour falls on its ass ).

Needless to say, this is not rational.
    :shrug:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  14. M00se1989 Banned Banned

Maybe a religious nut-case is closed minded... but in science there is this certain level of uncertainty that lies behind all they can prove yet. There is no point in arguing over something you can't prove. And much less you should trust perfectly literally in any book. You read one religious book I say I like them all. And many forms of good literature as well.

Religion is Just good words spread by many through the corse of time. Many people have asserted themselves God at times, so far immortality only rests in their "GOOD" words. Some are not meant for this time.

15. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

What means are those? Revelation?

Irrational nonsense.

16. um is this in response to what I said?

17. phlogistician Banned Banned

You did exactly what I asked you not to.

Do you not understand how dishonest this makes you appear?

Now, your personal viewpoint, please.

18. phlogistician Banned Banned

Well, they don't in a circle. If your entire Universe is analogous to a circle, then no, corners do not exist.

What was your point, exactly?

19. phlogistician Banned Banned

No it isn't. Theists have faulty logic. It's been demonstrated time over. It's a fair comment. Simply, they go beyond faith, without proof. That's not logical. It's also been proven that generally belief decreases as IQ increases. Proven. Got that? It's also been shown that generally atheists have a better knowledge of religious texts than theists. Got that?

Is there a 'famous' quote? One you couldn't even be bothered to Google?

You also need to recognise that "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." (Carl Sagan(I can be bothered to use and credit quotes to back up my posts, see?)). Theists claim there is a God. Not merely that they have faith in there being a God, but that there actually is. The latter requires proof. We ask for it. It is always flawed logic, fallacious argument, incomplete, or relies on faith, which demeans the premise. All atheists do, is remain unconvinced. Occasionally we might get a little annoyed with the same tired old debunked arguments being rehashed and brought back up again.

Now, if you want to defend the theist mindset, how about you try to construct a logical argument for God, and support it with some evidence.

20. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

You are really comparing things that are not real??

21. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

He has Asperger's. Apparently that makes many things so much easier ...

22. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Not at all.

Just like most people don't carry out dna checks on persons claiming to be their parents, most people also don't make the claim on the basis of revelation.

23. lightgigantic Banned Banned

That accepting the field of the senses as the complete field of investigation is like accepting a circle as the complete picture on whatever shape patterns exists