Atheists more intelligent than the religious?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mrs.Lucysnow, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

It's not "Islam" that has done good but people who happened to be Muslims who did good. Islam was more than anything a hindrance and we have to give credit to those people who actually did achieve a thing or two. You can clearly see this in Xian Europe. But, because Arabs weren't civilized (didn't have civil institutions) it's harder to see.

You'll hear Muslims saying Islamic Science. Even Islamic Math. This is all part of the propaganda. They'd never think of their computer as a Christian computer. OR Christian Airplanes. Or Calculus as Christian math, but they'll turn around and try to say something about Islamic Science. Talk to enough Muslims and you'll start to see a clear picture.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

It is a theistic state, regardless of some Muslim's opinion of its orthodoxy or Jewish bona fides.

Theistic people and their states define for themselves what laws they hold and follow, what is proper for their faith. The rest of us have no say in this matter, unless we can appeal to reason - and good luck with that, if an Abrahamic theism is involved.
    That's mostly false. Most of their wealth, including the wealth that led to any progress, came from dealings with each other and internally within themselves (the great advantage of the US - a huge internal economy).

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Are we going back to THIS tired argument AGAIN. We covered this like 3 years ago!

Some of the most advanced civilizations practiced Slavery. According to SAM therefor Slavery is a really important part of being Civilized itself. Hell no we can't progress past Slavery.

please!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

This is just complete bullshit. You just made this up out of nowhere. Again circa 2 years ago. It's like one big circle?!!?!

So, going back 2 years ago:
    Explain in detail who the Japanese exploited after WWII to become one of the richest nations on Earth. Yes, I'm really looking forward to this.

(Japanese exploited 3rd world nations... please)

Now detail Korea. Detail Hong Kong. Detail Taiwan. Yes, this will be good I'm looking forward to it.

8. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

I know. I know there are good muslims and that muslims do good, just as there are good people from all religions and I think most would agree that there are good atheists too. But Sam talks of the 'atheists fundies' and 'the west' and 'secular society' and 'judaism', so why should I not speak of islam with a capition I? Let me explain my post. In order to show sam some exigencies in her use of language and discussion tactics I have had to show a lack of moderation when it comes to casting a wide net on whole groups of people. Its not something she does only sometimes its something she seems to do all the time of late. Sam, even when you agree with her on some point or another, tends to alienate with divisive tactics. She plays for her team only and unwittingly gives the impression that she cares less for anyone who is not a part of her group, so I was showing what that looks like. She says she mirrors the atheists or islamophobes who oppose her, its difficult to mirror someone without looking exactly like them isn't it? That was my point. Sam knows I am supportive of Palestinian right to self-determination, she also knows I have a lot of trouble with the way Israel conducts itself and that I am absolutely against the stereotyping members based on their ethnicity or religion, but when I suddenly contradict all she knows by representing the opposite belief even she doesn't get it. She creates her opposition by throwing this huge net by making sweeping statements about jews or atheists, the west and secular society. Every thread is re-focused on her personal agenda, its disruptive and divisive. Its too easy to show evidence of how one group is bad or has done wrong, waaay to easy, just like in the OP which by the way was barely discussed.

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Lucysnow,

Thanks I see. It's funny because we have had these same discussions, SAM and I, many times over many years.

Actually, I thought there were 2 people that used SAM's account? An evil SAM and an good SAM?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Seriously, I did think that two people log in as SAM.

:shrug:

She's OK, though. As I understand, around 28 years of age so-called fluid memory begins to decline and crystalline memory increases. It really pretty hard to change brains that are old. All the neural lipids are well in place

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The US is the worst example , having practised ethnic cleansing of the native population, used slaves and poor immigrants to build their cities and almost entirely having their economy based on weapons and structural adjustment policies. The Americans did not become rich by working, but by getting goods and services in exchange for printing paper, which they made sure everyone damn well better keep as the global currency.

http://killinghope.org/

11. iceaura Valued Senior Member

That's false. America had for a long time an incredibly and increasingly productive internal economy, which was held back (not promoted) by slavery etc.

In recent years, since the big southwestern oil fields went dry and war profiteering became socially acceptable, the US has been trading paper for stuff in increasingly larger proportions. But that increasing pattern is less than a generation old (it could never have lasted the hundreds of years the US has been around and getting rich) and the accumulated wealth it is feeding off of was created by centuries of hard work in fortunate circumstances.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You're overlooking that the "southwestern oil fields" were taken by ethnically cleansing the population.

Also how old is the vibrant economy? The bones of slaves worked to death in New York are 200 years old

http://www.cnn.com/TECH/9802/12/t_t/burial.ground/

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  13. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Firsly, the average US citizen became prosperous AFTER slavery was outlawed. Slavery and genocide actually keep people poor. Not all states had Slaves and as a matter of fact the richer ones didn't.

As for everyone using the USD, that's because we're a rich nation and our dollar is worth something to people :shrug: China sure owns a hell of a lot of em? No one forces China to own USD. They just want to keep their dollar artificially low by buying and buying and buying more and more dollars.

14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Hell, this thread is so far off topic. To bring it back: Yes on average Atheists are much much much MUCH MUCH MUCH more intelligent than the religious. What we're not sure is if being religious can actually make you dumber OR if it's just the dumber elements of society that are drawn to the pretty colors....