Atheist world

Discussion in 'Comparative Religion' started by arauca, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Mazulu Banned Banned

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. billvon Valued Senior Member

1) I'm not an atheist.
    2) I don't want Richard Dawkins dead; you do. Wishing death on people is the opposite of "peaceful."

You're digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole here. I would advise you to put down the shovel before you look even more silly.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mazulu Banned Banned

I think you're being melodramatic. I don't want to hurt or kill anyone. But if I had a chance, I would probably yell at Richard Dawkins. I would probably say mean things and hurt his feeling (his philosophical zombie feelings). That's how I roll.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Balerion Banned Banned

That's because loud noises and insults are all you have at your disposal.

8. Mazulu Banned Banned

Are you capable of emotions? Of feelings? Of love? Of laughter? Or are you just a judgmental angry person?

9. Balerion Banned Banned

See? All you have left is character assassination. You're attempting to reduce me to my willingness to spot a douchebag because you can't actually make a case for yourself not being a douchebage.

10. Mazulu Banned Banned

OMG! You're calling me a douchebage and then complaining that I'm assassinating your character!!??? Is this some twisted attempt at humor?

11. Balerion Banned Banned

You have no character to assassinate. You called atheists "pinko scum" and then whined when nobody believed that you're a nice guy afterall.

12. Mazulu Banned Banned

I am a nice guy...when I'm not being called a douchebage, stupid, idiotic, insane and crazy. You are an example of what happens to super-intelligent atheists. You because paranoid and suspicious until you can no longer recognize love and kindness.

13. Balerion Banned Banned

Nonsense. Most of your insults have been unprovoked, sweeping condemnations of atheists as a whole, not directed at any one particular person. Just about everything negative anyone here has said about you has been in response to some awful thing you've said in the first place.

Another case in point. You assume I'm paranoid and suspicious and incapable of love and kindness. Based on what? Nothing. You're just flinging shit.

14. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

The Moderators are unpaid volunteers who only have a limited amount of time to patrol their subforums. We can't catch everything.

Q, you have been carrying on this way for quite some time, insulting members whose attitudes, beliefs or rhetoric you don't appreciate.

Knock it off. You're way overdue for a ban. You behave like an adolescent and I know you're much older than that. You should be a role model.

15. Grumpy Curmudgeon of Lucidity Valued Senior Member

Mazulu

No, you're not a nice guy, you're ignorant and bigoted. Your first post in this thread...

...is pure ignorance and lies. Your second post...

...was a threat of violence against someone who disagrees with your ideas. Even in jest this is aggressive language.

Your third post...

...and down the hill into the cess pool we go. Keep it up, just remember that wherever you go, there you will be. When you crawl down into the sewer, you wind up lying in crap.

Grumpy

16. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Why do you suppose that atheists have nothing positive in our lives? I have a rich life with friends, my own rock band, my dogs, the go club, an interesting job, the wonderful scenery in the Washington-Baltimore region (America's third largest tree canopy) and all the cultural attractions here including concerts, art shows, and of course the Smithsonian museums.

As I noted earlier, lots of atheists are musicians, writers, and artists in other media.

If you want to talk about the destruction of culture, you need look no further than religion. The Christian armies burned the Aztec/Maya/Olmec libraries because they were full of "heathen" ideas, and they melted down the gold art of the Incas because they were "pagan" images. The Muslim rulers of Afghanistan used modern artillery to destroy an ancient rock carving of Buddha on the side of a mountain--even the Afghanis themselves were outraged over that. And do we really need to go into what the Christian invaders of Australia and North America did to the cultures of the native people?

Music, literature, theater, dance, painting, sculpture, science. Not to mention, sheer rationality.

Like many people, you refuse to accept the fact that communism is an offshoot of Christianity. Karl Marx was a Christian, and his slogan, "To each according to his needs, from each according to his ability," is an elaboration of his favorite line in the Book of Acts.

Religion is nothing more than a collection of fairytales, and communism is a fairytale economic system. Only a Christian could believe that a civilization can survive if what a man takes from it need not correlate with what he gives back.

So don't blame the atheists for communism. Blame Jesus.

The only atheists most people are aware of are the loudmouths. The rest of us are peaceful and tolerant, although often disgusted. I don't argue with my Christian friends and they don't argue with me. Several of them have told Mrs. Fraggle and me that we are better "Christians" than they are because we do the things Jesus tells them to do. One couple even had a long argument with their pastor, saying that if God is so selfish and arrogant that he's not going to let us into heaven just because we don't believe in him, even though we do all the things he tells them to do, then they don't want to go either.

That's easy to say. But gays, lesbians and other minorities have not done as much damage to civilization as religions have. They haven't burned down any literature, they haven't blown up any art, they haven't destroyed any cultures, they haven't blessed the practice of slavery, they haven't institutionalized the second-class status of women, and they haven't tried to exterminate the Jews.

It takes a very loving heart to be able to love religion.

Mrs. Fraggle is also a Buddhist and she assures me that this is more true in the United States and the other Western countries than in the Orient. Buddha neither proselytized religion nor condemned it. He simply urged people to go out and seek the truth, using whatever tools they find useful in the endeavor. He left it wide open that we might each find a different truth--the one that works for us.

17. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Sorry to say, while you may have read the words, you really haven't seen or understood anything, except your own intolerance. Your paranoia scares me.

Your problem is that you see an atheist as practicing an evil belief system and should be considered the sinner, the heathen, the pagan, the infidel, and all the evil people who, by choice have chosen the path of inquiry about the universe, rather than the blind obedience demanded in scripture, which includes permission, nay, "commands" like "death to the unbeliever".

Perhaps you are unable to understand that a non-belief system cannot be corrupted. There is nothing to corrupt. But religious belief systems can and repeatedly have been corrupted and have been responsible for the death of MILLIONS.

Cleanse yourself from that shame before you come to me and presume to judge my peaceful secular life style.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  18. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Oh the irony. (Or should I say - hypocrisy?)

19. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Acknowledge…and then, put it into practice. Maybe apologize to those you have offended (?), and begin anew. It’s easy to get lost in our own pride, sometimes.

20. arauca Banned Banned

I ask you, your position . Let's say you are running an atheist state. Would you allow religious schools , would you allow religious congregation , or religious freedom ?

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

An atheist state is a secular state. You know, like the United States?

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Buddha is not a god. He wasn't a creator. He wasn't even a prophet, he was a secular philosopher. Secular Jews are Jews by culture only. That means they have rejected the religion. Buddhism doesn't have god or gods as any central tenet of the religion, so you can practice the religion and be an atheist at the same time.

23. Mazulu Banned Banned

Based on your lack of saying anything nice. You don't even attempt to be kind; you don't even attempt to pursue peace. You are a constant and unrelenting source of ad hominem attacks.