Astronomy/Exobiology/Cosmology forum moderation

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by rpenner, Apr 25, 2012.

1. rpenner Fully Wired Valued Senior Member

It has been over 1 month since D H, the sole moderator of this sub-forum, has logged in. I'm very sorry if this is the result of tragedy or real-life demands, but for the good of the forum, should not this forum be regularly moderated?

Currently the moderators in the Biology and Physics sub-forums (fora?) are:
    • James R, from the saner parts of Australia
    • Hercules Rockefeller, close to a cure for Yahoo Serious
    • BenTheMan, still lurking in the caverns of the late, lamented SSC
    • AlphaNumeric, putting the final touches on a Scottish "Laird's" weather control system
    • prometheus, Hen Gogledd Cymru am byth

Any or all of these would be fine additions to the moderation staff of the Astronomy sub-forum. Is there a formal process to conscript or elect them?

2. Xotica Everyday I’m Shufflin Registered Senior Member

There probably should be a bit of redundancy in specific sub-forum assignments to factor for RL occurances... vacations, job demands, illness, etc. Such oversight would better ensure a more seamless coverage.

3. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

I nominate Carl Sagan, do you think he'll accept the position? Does it pay well?

4. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

He be dead so pay won't matter.

5. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

Fine, Carl Sagans ghost. He told me he requires gold btw way, billions and billions of dollars worth :rolleyes:;):D

6. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, rpenner. We'll definitely assign somebody (or perhaps several somebodies) to this shortly.

7. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Just because he hasn't posted doesn't mean he's not keeping an eye on it. I often go that long without posting on Arts & Culture, but I look over the new entries regularly.

8. rpenner Fully Wired Valued Senior Member

I was going by the "last activity" time stamp on D H's user page.