Astrological Sign

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Orleander, Mar 3, 2009.

?

Do you believe in astrology?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2009.
  1. Yes

27.0%
  2. No

73.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sylwester Kornowski Neutrinos are nonrelativistic Registered Senior Member

The sentence "I am the first who writes about it." is untrue. Many people wrote about it but they used different words.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So where is the evidence? Any evidence at all?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sylwester Kornowski Neutrinos are nonrelativistic Registered Senior Member

With significance threshold 5 sigma? In my opinion, never - it is due to the fact that astrology is not clear (volatile). It causes that there can be formulated many different predictions concerning the same problem.

Astrology is not clear because the cosmological quantum entanglement is the many-body interaction and we cannot define precisely the partial probabilities.

But for me it is obvious that the cosmological quantum entanglement is the real interaction which has an influence on our life.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

How about 2 sigma? I think that even evidence to that level would be extremely significant. I know of no scientific evidence even held to the loosest of standards that supports astrology.

8. Sylwester Kornowski Neutrinos are nonrelativistic Registered Senior Member

You should read my post from the beginning to the end. There is the answer to your question.

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

So there is no evidence but you believe in it anyway- got it. I guess you throw in quantum entanglement to make it seem more sciency?

I generally do not participate in your threads and I believe I will return to that tack.

Hope you have a good day.

Kristoffer likes this.
  10. Sylwester Kornowski Neutrinos are nonrelativistic Registered Senior Member

Very impressive post.

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

And what, pray tell, do snarky replies like this add to the discussion? You have no evidence, by your own admission... so you have no argument.

12. Sylwester Kornowski Neutrinos are nonrelativistic Registered Senior Member

You should read your posts once more. Can you see your scoff?

Now you should read my posts once again. My posts are clear. There is the possibility (the quantum entanglement) and I wrote that astrology is difficult to study.

Can you see that origin does not discuss? He picks a quarrel. Can you see that the 2 sigma is nonsensical and provocative/boorish?

My position about astrology is clear and all can see that origin has no time to read my all posts about astrology from the beginning to end and that he has no time to analyse my words before writing the nonsensical posts.

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

All I see is someone prattling on about how great their pet hypothesis is without any actual evidence to back it up...

14. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

Check his other pet. It got destroyed years ago by AlphaNumeric.

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The "Everlasting Theory" one? Yeah... it's still going on, but I don't think anybody actually pays it any mind anymore *shrug* It's kinda like the situation with Victor Esperenza - so long as the crazy is contained to one thread, it's all fine and dandy.

16. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

Victor didn't limit himself to one thread, though. He loved his cardboard boxes, fans and other odd stuff. Was there a thread about a tree fuelled space station at some point?

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

That's why victor was ultimately removed... he was given the option of keeping his crazy in one thread, and did for a while... and then he decided not to *shrug*

18. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

At least he was fun

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Yeah... but Victor's theories could best be described as follows:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Sylwester Kornowski Neutrinos are nonrelativistic Registered Senior Member

Boys, can you see that yours language is awful? Such looks "discussion" without scientific arguments. Just pure bigotry.

Kittamaru, you are the staff member and you should not behave in such a way.

Kristoffer, AlphaNumeric was simultaneously pro and contrary - you should read his posts once more. He wrote the nonsensical posts as well. My theory concerns the Scale-Symmetric Physics and leads from 7 parameters only to a thousand theoretical results consistent or very close to experimental data, to the physical constants as well. Many of my results we cannot calculate within the mainstream theories. You are unable to show that my words are untrue so you write the nonsensical posts without any justification. Can you see that you are dishonest?

Now, once more about astrology. You, boys, do not understand the astrological language. Generally, astrology is not about facts but about possibilities. There is big difference between, for example, classical dynamics and quantum astrology. Due to the many-body simultaneous quantum interactions, in astrology we can say only about possibilities. Moreover, each horoscope, as a whole, is different so the statistics does not act correctly. We as well must take into account the different DNAs, education, environment, and so on.

But in quantum physics occasionally probability can be equal to 1 and the same is in quantum astrology. You, for example, can write in google "famous astrological predictions" and read the articles.

So once more: experimental data show that even atoms can be entangled so cosmological bodies and our body and mind as well. It is obvious that such interactions should have an influence on our life and behaviour. But in my opinion, many assumptions in astrology are incorrect.

21. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Astrology is nothing more than woo woo.

If you can't understand that, then you're the one with the problem.

22. Sylwester Kornowski Neutrinos are nonrelativistic Registered Senior Member

Next post without any justification. Can you see that you rejected quantum entanglement?

23. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

No, he rejected astrology and your silly notion of quantum entanglement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.