Aspheric contact lenses and/versus alternate vision therapy

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by grapetonix, Nov 10, 2003.

1. grapetonix Registered Senior Member

Ok, perhaps this would have fit better into some other topic. But since soft contacts are used on humans, why not "human science"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I am a moderate myope and low astigmat. Prescription left eye:

sph: -3.00D
    cyl: -1.00D with AX 90ยบ

Almost same on right, only a slightly weaker sphere number, -2.75. So when I buy contacts I usually purchase -2.75's.

Problem: My astigmatism blurs my vision. I get about 20/30 with standard monthly lenses. Even worse with the ultrathin one-day contacts, <20/40, as they fit the eye as a glove unlike the monthly contacts which are a little harder and correct some of the astigmatism. 20/30 is one whole lot better than my uncorrected vision of 20/350

but still not satisfying in my opinion.

To the point...

1. Yesterday I saw that my local wholesale retailer is selling aspheric contact lenses (Freq. 55 Aspheric), which are said to correct quite a bit of astigmatism. If I can get 20/20 then that's fine. Is there something "magic" with aspheric optics or do I order the same sphere number? Does anyone have experience with aspheric contact lenses? It might be worth a $30 shot anyways.

2. Has anyone in here had success with alternate vision therapy. I know of a whole LOT of people on the internet who have told me that they have ... improved their 20/400 vision to a full 20/20... but still I know of NO one IRL who has had success in it. Tried it myself too but my eyes stay where they are.

I don't know how much you discuss vision and optics in here, but I'm posting anyways. You can't post in too many forums, there are opinions and experiences everywhere

Thank you

Tobias