As smart as she is Beautiful

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by one_raven, Aug 27, 2007.

1. peta9 Registered Senior Member

It's good they let her redeem herself otherwise she could have been haunted by that for a long time.

I'm sure now she will put more emphasis on her education.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pragmathen 0001 1111 Registered Senior Member

Yay, she can read a tele-prompter. Let's celebrate mediocrity.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GhostofMaxwell. Banned Banned

:shrug:She is as about as Beautiful as any other superficial 21st century product.

8. Xev Registered Senior Member

I don't agree with that. We're just as much a product of society as any other human on this planet. The difference is that we're aware, and aware of difference. The average American will watch this video, laugh at how "dumb" this poor girl is, and go back to the shitty exploitative dreck that they were watching. We are of analytical bent, and see the trends and undercurrents.

I think that there may be a few women and homosexual men (bonus question: why is fashion a ghetto for the unmasculine? ) who will view it that way, but again I disagree.
    These contests are to measure docility. Follow simple directions, look placid and amenable. Docility and gentleness have been the feminine ideal for a long time, only now we see the rise of specialized techniques of femininity, of codification.

Anyways these contests are all about being attractive, thus capable of producing attractive offspring. As for the other duties of being a bimbo, well I suppose you're supposed to work with it. Housework is largely automated anyway.

Those are old paradigms, best suited to pack behavior. What does it even mean to be dominant when people like me, mellow as all fuck, not really submissive either though, can outearn the alphas 'cause we're smart?

I was up til six watching the lunar eclipse and drinking. My head feels like someone took a crap in it.

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Dunno, everybody always 'outearns' me.

That would be Baby jesus who is giving you a warning to stay away from the devil.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. GhostofMaxwell. Banned Banned

This one is 10 times fitter, and she knows her ABC as a bonus.

11. Xev Registered Senior Member

*Snort*
    Homeless people outearn my broke ass.
    But still, you see my point.

At least he didn't steal my pop-tarts:

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Personally, I'm still down with the breeding thing. I like the hair and the clothes and all that, but I'm still into the breeding. Gotta go somewhere. Need progeny. Maybe it's just my ultrabase nature. Also, I don't like monkeys, which for some reason a girl in my home department told me was proof of my being an example of competition exclusion theory. Can't I just hate monkeys? She was later eaten by lions.

Anyway, I stole your pop tarts. Yeah, that's right. Now deal.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hey, thats a good one. I've tried : This is not your lunch, this is my lunch; Statutory warning: I'm a very bad cook; this lunch is made up of week old leftovers, but I never thought of Jesus!!!

14. Xev Registered Senior Member

GeoffP:
    I'm personally quite anti-Jenny. Can't stand that bitch.

SAM:
    Speaking of Jesus, I think my favorite "people stealing food" moment was when my wacky Christian housemate ate a few of the pot brownies I'd left out to cool. Things were a bit awkward after that.

15. juju Registered Member

Books before looks.

Besides, you can be drop dead gorgeous and still be smart. Like yours truly

16. firdroirich A friend of The Friends Registered Senior Member

The authors of the "Bell Curve" never figured on this curved ball coming their way, or is it a curvy belle?. Anycase they may as well re-draw it with really steep sides and re-write the chapter on race/intelligence while they at it.

17. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

Surely, you jest?

18. juju Registered Member

Apparantley she holds a moderate knowledge capacity but if this is true, why is half her answer, 'like' and 'such as'??? Sounds dumb to me.
    No offence, but the American accent is SO irritating. It was like hearing nails run down a blackboard.

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Its a beauty pageant, not a smart pageant.
    They have those and people say 'what a bunch of dogs' 'save the whales'.
    hypocrits

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Uh, yes, the American accent when speaking English is so offensive.

Anyway, the girl's up there being treated like a piece of meat in the hot lights and one expects her also to have cogent answers to stuff. (And...one in five? Come on, where'd they take the survey? Los Angeles?) I - personally think - that US Americans - do not know proper rhetorical constructions - because they do not have grammer notebooks, such as.

21. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Not like what us native-born Brits have, ey?

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Not lawk whut we's 'ad at all.

Anyway, "American" is a pretty broad swathe of accents. Seems silly to criticize it.

Although, I admit that my speaking style has been compromised by Americans in particular and North Americans in general. In my defense, the women here are quite hot.

23. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Ooer, you got that right.

Nah, ALL American accents is rubbish.
    Of course.
    Not proper English, so it can't be good can it?

My commiserations.

Is this an oblique reference to the thread on lack of air conditioning?