As an Atheist what do you teach kids?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Apr 11, 2011.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

I have offerent a multitude of direct questions you have answered none of them i know your tactics and they are weak. your not drawing me into stupid off topic points and which will end up in your debating about grammar and my vocab.

So get on point witht he flow and all of my direct questions and you show me how what you do is honourable and beneficial tot he happiness of the children.

Im challenging you to present your emotional evidences. and what will you reply you will act like you dont understand my words i have already for-seen your reply and i am told that you will question these exact things unles si directly tell you not to which will make you look rpredictable which you wouldnt want to seem because that would in your eyes score me kudos points in minor technicalitys.

You will act like you dont know what im talking about and be like WTF do you mean "emotional evidence" because somebody like you who does not understand what sound is, what music, is what hope is and what joy is.

So go on address my very direct points, you do realize allt he readers can read everything I write and even though you are too dead to even get through my posts you probably don't even read all of my words which is not too your advantage either because the other readers will gauge you for how on point you are at rebuttle and refuting my claims and you have not even asnwered 10% of anything that i put forth.

So i will ask you address my points and answer them all like a good boy or Git oooout.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Pointless crap and poking at the theists without answering anything or even addressing my actual questions and points.

Denied get back tot he drawing board your attempt is not even showing any effort.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

More jibberish not answering anythign I said you lose and are not an honest debator.

Denied

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

More meaningless jibberish

Denied

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

No that is just the thread Title, you have to do more than read the title and answer the title.

Do you enter a class on "how to cook" and then say "you get some food and cook it" class over?

More bunk nonesense not addressing any of my questions and points

Denied

9. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

I've told both my sons that lots of people believe different things. I've told them what I think. I've hopefully helped them in applying critical thinking to problems.

That's all I can do. I can't tell them what to think.

For what it's worth, the older thinks along the line I do. I actually have to reign him in sometimes, because being a kid, he does still jump to conclusions easy, even in atheistic reasoning. I try to let him see that it's okay to not have an answer yet, it's all about breaking down the problem and finding rational answers.

The other is still a bit young, but he realizes that there are a lot of different thoughts out there, and more important to learn at his age is acceptance of that fact. He'll figure out what he thinks later.

So in short, I've taught my kids how to think. If any of the religions have enough substance, maybe they'll be drawn to them. I have my doubts on that, though, because I wasn't.

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Is this the best Atheist has? you can't do better than avoiding my actual questions and my detailed and very real points?

Are any of you who posted actualy parents or have you ever actualy spoken to a crying child who is scared to die?

Come on where are your atheist soldiers? where are the ones who can debate me in depth and address everything I say. im debating you all at the same time and it's too easy your all terrible at this.

come on step your game up Atheists your embarresing the team infron of the whoel world. imagine allt he parents who actualy understand what im saying is best for the children? i could be converting thousands of people tot heism! oh no defend your morals and atheist justice and morals.

Come on im getting bored of reading crap rebuttles the only one who even remotely was making sense was spider.

11. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

I see, you talk about being honest and when asked for your proof you simply post this?
    :shrug:

12. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I am not sure the OP actually deserve an answer seeing his hostile responses, but I would go with Asimov's answer:

Death is like a dreamless sleep, you just never wake up.

Or if you don't like that answer, I would go with the 72 virgins and honeyflow and massages with happy endings......

13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

This is a good reply, and honest .

You are actualy being an agnostic in your teaching and you are not an enemy of my words today int his thread, your stance of leaving it up to them is noble.

Even if an atheist were to not have faith they could still actualy teach the child that heaven is a possibility but that it might not exist, I do not have any problem with this it does not cause instand fear or instant sadness tot he child, i have told this to children int he pasty and it just leaves them wondering, and they look elsewhere for the answers when you make it clear you dont have them.

Teaching your kids "hey anythign is possible" is a very smart chocie to make, something that militant atheists forget to even consider in their personal hate crusade where they end up projecting their own hate of religion onto the very children they are raising.

I used to be atheist/agnostic but even when i didn't think god was real i never once told a child ever that god was fake and that heaven is fake i always said there is a good chance it's real so smile and cheery up.

PEace be with you

14. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

since you dont seem to have the capacity to to see the direct answer to your question let me state it in plain english
    QUESTION.
    as an atheist what do you teach your kids.
    ANSWER
    "the atheists are the ones who let there children make up there own minds" and support what ever route they take

15. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

lol EFC im going to debate like you in threads anyone who posts anything apposed to waht i think i will quote them then call it meaningless jibberish Denied. i love this efc you really are giving me a good laugh

16. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

All based on the one single question;
    Okay. Mummy's dead.
    How's that?

Are you suggesting we lie?

What makes you think emotion is evidence? Evidence of what?

Well at least you're still boringly arrogant.

And still making ridiculous assumptions.

Blah blah blah. Don't you ever get tired of posting inane rants?

17. drumbeat Registered Senior Member

18. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

Your understanding of what I said wasn't entirely correct.

I don't tell them that anything is possible. It would be dishonest of me to say that, because that's not what I think.

I tell them that there are a lot of different beliefs out there, tell them about the ones I know, and then what I think. I never tell them that those other beliefs might be right, I just encourage them to take a look for themselves.

As for death, they've experienced a few grandparents and other older adults dying, and they both understand that they're gone. I don't think it helps to candy coat that fact at all. It's okay to grieve the loss of someone, why make it seem like things will be better later?

19. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

exactly he didnt actually want to know what they teach there kids he wanted them to to say what they do and then tell them how bad of a parent they are for not teaching them the ways of the fairy tale.

20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Thank you for the honest and good reply.

I think most of the top and middle replies are not so bad they are acceptable, but when you get to the bottom question you waver and this might lead to depressing the kid especially if you say "well we all die and then your just dead" this actualy has a huge psychological impact on the childs psyche and can even turn him into a copletely different kind of adult than if you told him "hey you never know heaven might be true"

See kid are proggrammed to question EVERYTHING, anybody who has spent any amount of time with your typical 3-4 year old knows this. its always WHY why why why why why. they even want to ask why for the reply of I dont know" they are like "well why dont you know like your the adult wtf are you so dumb for you been here so long you old fart" (kinda thing lol)

See here is what i was hoping a Good hearted atheist would come out and say int his thread.

"even though I don't believe in god i still tell my children about god and the possibility of him existing"

But this is where you get the hypocrites who claim forcing the child to believe is evil and bad, but they then go and tell the exact same "Crap" and fill their child's head with there "own personal views about the unknown" (Death and the afterlife which lets face it you cant prove doesnt exist and i cant prove exists.

So lets ask another question, lets for debate sake call both permanent death and the afterlife a "white lie"

What is the better lie? which one actualy brings hope and which one brings sadness and be honest about it. just because your an atheist doen'st mean a theist can give you knowledge you dont have to feel defensive like im on the other tea, your a human just like me i have love for you too. i dont care that your an atheist i will still treat you fair and if you admit "you know what your right" iw ont even slightly rub it in or gloat. I will humbly say

"Alhamdulilah!"

21. phlogistician Banned Banned

I don't have to prove there isn't one. You still don't get it do you?

You can't prove that we don't pass on to an island made out of jelly. See how ridiculous 'prove it isn't X' gets?

22. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

No that;s the thread title einstein not my multitude of querstions that follows int he OP and all my other posts.

Denied go think of a better argument and actualy address all my points.

Denied.

23. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

More crap