"Artist's Conception"

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by TruthSeeker, Apr 19, 2004.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Honestly, don't you hate when you are expecting to see a real picture and you find an "artist's conception"? I find it soooooo irritating. I was just looking at the new most distant planet found and I realized I was looking just at a painting or whatever...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Oh well... not that I don't like painting and art... but sometimes I just expect to actually see the planet, star or whatever. I wish we get better telescopes and take pictures of planets, red dwarfs, giant stars, neutron stars, RR Lyrae and black holes... I would love to actually see them. Isn't the Hubble telescope good enough for that? It can see 13Glyrs away...!

Btw... another example of "artist conception" from another thread...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

You know, my classmates and I can do far better than that. Tsk-tsk, artists' skills are going down.

(muahahahaha)

But yes, I hate that too. Some of those renditions are quite good. Can't you find them irresistible?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

They are not bad. But I just wish to see the real thing. You know what I mean?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.