Arizona Shooting Spree, Congresswoman, judge, among victims...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Jan 8, 2011.

1. countezero Registered Senior Member

A disgusting attempt to smear a movement and gain political traction from a usual suspect. Is this really the kind of thing you think is acceptable debate? The guy was crazy. Whatever ideology he pointed to when he acted on his craziness is irrelevant. Your water-carrying for the Democrat party has hit a low I did not even think you were capable of.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

not necessarily. just because a mind is damaged doesn't mean it will always be violent.

and thank you for repeating one of the things that those who defend these peddlers of hate say.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

You should stop trying to defend the indefensible.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

as usual in your attempt to be condescending or act supportive of ideologies you miss the point. yes this guy was crazy which the reason the highly violent rhetoric we hear had more of an effect on him. it still doesn't change the fact that the era of highly violent and hateful rhetoric we live in is dangerous and these are the results of such rhetoric. and when a certain movement is known for such rhetoric when the reaper comes calling it is they who must take the blame for calling him.

8. countezero Registered Senior Member

There are peddlers of hate on both sides.

The bile on Olbermann and the vitriol one finds on Daily Kos or Huffington more than matches Fox et al.

And anyone who knows anything about domestic terrorism realizes that extremists on the right-wing are prone to violence, based on their past. But I don't think their bread crumb trail goes back to the GOP and Rush the way people like you and Joe want it to.

If anything, they dislike the GOP and its mouthpieces. Some of these people might have gravitated to the Tea Party, but so what? Black Panthers vote Democrat. ELF is an active Leftist terrorist organization.

It's funny because Dems are also the ones who want to make sure we understand radical Islam and not condemn all of Islam for the actions of a few. And yet, when something like this happens, water-carriers like Joe have no problem condemning an entire political group and all of the media he doesn't like with guilt by association because it advances his bullshit rhetoric.

It's pathetic and disgusting.

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

But here is the rub, they don't encourage violence to effect their will either. The use of violent symbols as Palin and other right wing leaders have done in political discourse is irresponsible.

Last summer the right wing thugs were spitting on Democratic members of congress. Now they are shooting them and their supporters. Enough is enough.

10. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Not everyone with a damaged mind will be violent, but anyone who is set off by criticism of the government is just a ticking bomb, so to speak. If it wasn't "peddlers of hate" (who seem to be defined as "people who don't share pjdude's opinions), it would be The Sopranos or Fringe or Keith Olbermann or The 700 Club.

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

which is why I am blaming them all but I am putting the focus on those that mostly rely on messages of violence like the tea party.

only to people who need that to be true so they don't have to confront facts. there is yes anger but never anything remotely close to the calls for violence inherent in a lot of right wing rhetoric. once again the alledged lack of ideology is shown to be lie

12. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Do you believe that Sarah Palin is the only one who has ever used a crosshair to denote a legislative/electoral target?

And I'm still not seeing that this guy was particular right-wing, though more information about him will undoubtedly come out later.

13. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

This, pretty much.

I heard about the shooting yesterday morning and immediately came here to see how Joe and the usual suspects were going to pretend that this guy was a typical right-winger (if he's even a right-winger at all). I'm surprised it took him as long as it did to start the thread.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Please show some examples.
    Except the Black Panters don't exist anymore. And they have never been associated with the Democratic Party. When was the last time you saw a member of the Black Panthers or an ELF member run on the Democratic ticket? Never.
    LOL, you are back to your old habits...creating strawmen again - just like you bud mr. limbaugh and other right wing whackos.

Republicans too are advocating not waging war on all of Islam. Additionally, I have not condemned an entire group. I have voiced concern and disgust that those who have used inflamatory rhetoric versus a honest discussion of the issues. The right wing, the Tea Partiers have gone from spitting on Democratic members of Congress to attempting to kill them. And that has got to stop along with the inflamatory rhetoric used by the right wingers in this country.

And you my friend need to stop being a water carrier for the right wing whackos in our midst.

15. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

what a surprise a rightie trolls instead of treying to rely on you know intelligence. yet another right wing hack on this sight who pretend he can read fucking minds. if you think that's how I defined than your an idiot. I was refering to all people that who helped amp up the discourse to what it is. the fact that you saw something in there, people who disagree with me, says a lot about your prejudiaces and biases and make you look at little off kilter.when your seeing things like that in inclusive language you got problems. for all you effort to attack me you just showed your self as part of the problem. seeing attacks against yourself and your beliefs when none exist.

16. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

so right wing rhetoric is only heard by righties? even something not inline with ones beliefs can have an effect.

17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Oh please, produce some evidence of equivalence. And as for the individual's political beliefs, I think you should see what sheriff said.

18. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I guess your refusal to address the points means that you agree that someone this unstable would have "gone off" eventually.

19. Bells Staff Member

Ah yes, here we go again.

Just so we're clear on what Palin originally intended her image to convey at the time.. Tell me Arthur, what do you think Palin meant when she commented about the image itself when she stated:

"Remember months ago "bullseye" icon used to target 20-Obamacare lovin' incumbent seats?.. etc.. "

The "Bullseye" was in regards to the map of the US with the "bullseye" crosshair targets across the map.. So Bullseye with images that look identical to crosshairs means what to you, Arthur?

The suggestion that the symbols were related to guns seemed to come, however, from Palin herself. On March 23, Palin tweeted to her supporters a note about the aforementioned Facebook message, writing, "Commonsense Conservatives & lovers of America: 'Don't Retreat, Instead - RELOAD!' Pls see my Facebook page."

(Source)

Her Facebook page, of course, had the map on it..

Months later, the image remained on her website.. And then we get to last Saturday and one of the two people in the bullseyes on her precious map, who won their seats, gets shot in the head by a crazed gunman. The image is immediately taken down and her aide instantly comes out and says 'our image was never ever meant to be gun sights'..

Ermm okay.. maybe she can explain why her boss was referring to them as 'Bullseye's" and why comments from Palin herself directed people to her facebook page and that image with talk of 'reloading'. Maybe she is talking of reloading her suppositories? It is clear that the gullibles, those like yourself, are willing to bend over backwards and find every excuse in the book as to how they were not crosshairs - ignoring the fact that Palin went further and called them bullseyes and then made comments about "reloading"..

The best though was the fact the image stayed up until after the poor woman was shot in the head and 6 others murdered, when it was immediately taken down and excuses as to how it was never intended that way - even though the victim herself described it as crosshairs months before.. We'll also ignore this:

During his campaign effort to unseat Giffords in November, Republican challenger Jesse Kelly held fundraisers where he urged supporters to help remove Giffords from office by joining him to shoot a fully loaded M-16 rifle.

Kelly is a former Marine who served in Iraq and was pictured on his website in military gear holding his automatic weapon and promoting the event.

(Source)

Really.. we'll forget all that.. Noo.. nothing to do with guns at all there..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The fact is, it's quite possible that violent messages conveyed over the last year helped influence Loughner or they may not have. But to claim that the messages weren't violent or to try to excuse them as being something else is kind of scraping the barrel of stupidity Arthur.

Your country now has to ask itself questions about what is acceptable in political debate. Those running to help lead your country (regardless of which side they happen to be on) and commentators alike need to determine if their words and the messages they attempt to convey can be taken literally and what the consequences could be. And you might, just might, end up with civilised political debate..

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Very well said Bells!

21. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

http://www.postonpolitics.com/2010/04/democrats-our-bullseye-targets-on-house-districts-are-not-like-palins-crosshair-targets/

And I read what the sheriff said. No proof, just a guess. And, like I said before, anyone who would go on a killing spree because some right-wingers on the radio distrust the government is a fucking loon who's ready to snap, anyway.

22. John99 Banned Banned

Ignoring the fact that the shooter never mentions\mentioned any of these things or was never known to support them.

23. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Quit making sense. The fact that a Democrat politician was among the victims is concrete proof that the killer was hired by Dubya hisself. Anyone who says otherwise is getting a free vacation to a FEMA camp.