Are you for or against spanking kids ?.

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by mike47, Aug 15, 2009.

1. mike47 Banned Banned

Greed and selfishness are born and nurtured from our thoughts . Some billionaires still steal and commit fraud......etc .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Religion has trumped the thinking processes of mankind for centuries. Perhaps that is where greed and selfishness originated.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Be warned that if you wish, as I do, to build a society in which individuals cooperate generously and unselfishly towards a common good, you can expect little help from biological nature

If you look at the way natural selection works, it seems to follow that anything that has evolved by natural selection should be selfish

We must expect lies and deceit, and selfish exploitation of communication to arise whenever the interests of the genes of different individuals diverge. This will include individuals of the same species. As we shall see, we must even expect that children will deceive their parents, that husbands will cheat on wives, and that brother will lie to brother

What are the properties that instantly mark a gene out as a 'bad' short-lived one? There might be several such universal properties, but there is one that is particularly relevant to this book: at the gene level, altruism must be bad and selfishness good. Any gene that behaves in such a way as to increase its own survival chances in the gene pool at the expense of its alleles will, by definition, tautologously, tend to survive. The gene is the basic unit of selfishness

Blackheaded gulls nest in large colonies, the nests being only a few feet apart. When the chicks first hatch out they are small and defenceless and easy to swallow. It is quite common for a gull to wait until a neighbour's back is turned, perhaps while it is away fishing, and then pounce on one of the neighbour's chicks and swallow it whole. It thereby obtains a good nutritious meal, without having to go to the trouble of catching a fish, and without having to leave its own nest unprotected

More well known is the macabre cannibalism of female praying mantises. Mantises are large carnivorous insects. They normally eat smaller insects such as flies, but they will attack almost anything that moves. When they mate, the male cautiously creeps up on the female, mounts her, and copulates. If the female gets the chance, she will eat him, beginning by biting his head off, either as the male is approaching, or immediately after he mounts, or after they separate. It might seem most sensible for her to wait until copulation is over before she starts to eat him. But the loss of the head does not seem to throw the rest of the male's body off its sexual stride. Indeed, since the insect head is the seat of some inhibitory nerve centres, it is possible that the female improves the male's sexual performance by eating his head. If so, this is an added benefit. The primary one is that she obtains a good meal.

Perhaps we can sympathize more directly with the reported cowardly behavior of emporer penguins in the Antarctic. They have been seen standing on the brink of the water, hesitating before diving in, because of the danger of being eaten by seals. If only one of them would dive in, the rest would know whether there was a seal there or not. Naturally nobody wants to be the guinea pig, so they wait, and sometimes even try to push each other in

As soon as the baby cuckoo hatches, blindly and mechanically, but with devastating effectiveness, it throws the other eggs out of the nest. It gets underneath an egg, fitting it into the hollow in its back. Then it slowly backs up the side of the next, balancing the egg between its wing-stubs, and topples the egg out on to the ground

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

oK... what coud cause a child brout up wit grate parents to create an nurture thouts of greed an selfishness an be a greedy selfish child.???

Origionaly posted by cluelusshusbund
    Do you want to be my frind.???

O good... the request has been sent :wave:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  8. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

I know this one family, mom's an ex-drug addict and dad an ex-alcoholic, have no education, neither has held down a job for more than two years, always on some type of disability or government assistance pay out. She cuts hair or cleans houses, he wheels and deals junk he picks up and fixes, they grow their own veggies and are on a list where they get called whenever a fresh deer kill is on the highway. Their house is paid for and their two kids grew up without getting into trouble.

It wasn't until the kids were adults that they realized their parents aren't of the normal variety. They now refuse to see their parents out of shame and embarrassment. The parents are mystified as to why and I haven't the heart to tell them what I know about the kids' feelings. These kids were never spanked, at least that's what they tell me.

But they are good kids. No? Spanking them wouldn't have changed much in the final outcome so I think the parents did a great job. Obviously at some point the kids started to feel the darts of derision thrown at them by their peer group. You ask what can make a good kid go bad, well there it is. Someone else's kids.

9. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I completely agree. Blaming everyone else for the things you do. My parents gave my brother and I the exact same lecture about "saying no to drugs", but when the time came to make a choice we chose different paths. So how can my parents be to blame? We made our own choices. There are more people and experiences out there that shape the choices we make besides just our parents. Has no one ever did anything because their friends were all doing it?

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Mike, you have no children, but I think you will spank them. I hope you try other methods before you resort to assaulting them. I hope you aren't determined in your method of child rearing before you have them and get to know them.

11. mike47 Banned Banned

This is an open discussion and does not reflect what I will do or I will not do in the future . Some kids are a wonderful story and others are anything but trouble stories....it is life and not all kids are the same . My sister has two boys and they are very different at home, at school, at playground.....etc .

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. Debating issues makes me realize how right or how wrong I am !.

12. BlindNsect Registered Member

I hope he doesn't have them at all.

13. mike47 Banned Banned

Who does not have them at all ?.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

:wallbang:

15. BlindNsect Registered Member

I HOPE Mike doesn't have them

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, I'm gonna die if he asks "Mike who?" LOL

17. mike47 Banned Banned

Mike is as mysterious as life itself.....

Maybe he has a dozen already !.

18. mike47 Banned Banned

Do not die we need your opinions for sure ....

I am getting used to people attacking posters instead of ideas .
    I will get used to it sooner or later....

19. BlindNsect Registered Member

If you are "getting used to it" then you will get used to it "sooner" and "later."

20. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

That story has disfunctional ritten all over it... those kids mus have been locked in the celler not to have realized ther situaton.!!!

When i was growin up i knew we didnt have extra money... my parents didnt even have a car until i was 15... an i certanly wasnt unaware of our situaton while i was growin up... but hell... 1 of my frinds was livin in what used to be part of a chicken coop... so we was doin perty good wit our little old 2 bedroom house.!!!

You'r opinion of those parents dont surprize me.!!!

What makes mor sinse is that the kids fount out the truth after they escaped from ther parents an thar brane-warshin had wore off... but none of our speculaton has anythang to do wit whether ther are beter methods of disiplin than spankin.!!!

So you agree that som kids are "jus-bad" kids.!!!

Well i guess that proves it sinse you both got the esact same lecture... that you was borned good an you'r brother was borned bad.!!!

Yep... sinse you got the sam esact lecture about drugs... that proves you both was raized esactly the sam way in all ways an you'r brother is a self-made stinker.!!!

O my God... so mayb you'r brother ant a bad seed after all... mayb he actualy had diferent life esperiences than you did growin up... diferent friends than you did... an whether you'r willin to acknowledge it or not... he coud have also been raized jus slightly diferent enuff than you that caused him to hang wit mor of the "rong" type people than you did.!!!

But anyhow... you'r now suggestin that you'r brother wasnt borned bad but was influenced to be bad by others... well thats a good pont... but in mos cases the biggest influience any of us have is from our parents... an i "blame" almos everthang about me on my parents... diference is... i like the job they did... an som people say my parents was bad for lettin me quit school at 15... an of course i woudnt havae quit shcool if they had thout educaton was mor importent an encouraged me to graduate... but i dont hold that agans my parents... i very well understan thats jus the way it was aroun 45 years ago in the little Kentuky town i grew up in... an over all... i know i was very "lucky" to have the grate parents i had... an i get lots of chuckles when i see obvously screwed parents not wantin to take responsibiity when ther kids turn out to be little shts... lol.!!!

21. mike47 Banned Banned

In all cultures kids are referred to as angels but when they start hurting others they cause too much headache for society . Seen the number of crimes and the disobedience it is clear that psychology is not working .
    When faced with difficulties, societies have to find solutions to resolve present and future problems .

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Certainly, you can help society in a huge way by simply not breeding. Thanks.

23. mike47 Banned Banned

Parents and care givers should spend lots of time with their kids teaching them what is good and what is bad for them......etc . Children do not see life like adults and therefore they are very venerable to harm . It is extremely important to teach them street proofing, the consequences of bad behaviour and violence, the affects of drugs, alcohol, sexual activities . Unfortunetely thousands of kids go missing each year and many get hurt in violence or drugs or alcohol .