Are you fit?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Norsefire, Oct 2, 2007.

?

How fit do you think you are?

1. ...pass me the remote.

10.8%
  2. I can do daily activities without getting out of puff.

29.7%
  3. I'm pretty fit.

54.1%
  4. I can run a marathon blind-folded.

5.4%
  1. Borsviek ****** Registered Senior Member

Stupid French people, Lance Armstrong is a hero and he did not take steriods!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

:bugeye: I don't take steroids...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I'm fit. I run ~5 miles every day (unless it rains)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Borsviek ****** Registered Senior Member

Random thought draqon, I didn't say you took steroids. I was talking about bike racing in general. More specifically the Tour de France.

8. draqon Banned Banned

well....what if he truly is the ONE....no steroids...no drugs...just him, the bike, muscles, and power of will?

What if?

9. draqon Banned Banned

and what if it rains all week? hhehehehee...

10. Borsviek ****** Registered Senior Member

Try to run anyways, the water helps. However, I wouldn't suggest running if you see lightning.

11. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Why? Theres almost no chance that you'll get hit by lightning.

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

he is a druggie. he should be in a prison in Alabama.

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I swim daily which helps keep me in shape. Swimming uses almost every muscle that you have and you don't sweat at all, at least that you can see.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Borsviek, I concur as far as dedication to an exercise routine goes, however the reason I don't run when it rains is because it ruins my running shoes (turns them into extremely stinky fungus farms).

I'll run shortly after it rains, or if it's a light drizzle. Never when it's actually raining.

15. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i play rugby! i just play for fun and i enjoy it, i liek to swim, and i eat well and healthy. so i consider myself to be fit enough

16. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I smoke, drink and only run if chased. I'm not overweight, but I sure need to do something cardio related, 'cause Steven Hawking could beat me in a footrace.

17. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

I'm pretty strong. I go to the gym for about an hour a day, five days a week. I can squat 315 lbs and I can do about 23 chin-ups (real full chin-ups) in a single set. I weigh about 190 lbs.

When I get a full-time job that pays well I will get a Lemond Buenos Aires, and start training myself to get good at road cycling. Maybe get into that competitively. I miss the days when I ran six miles a day. Cardio is awesome. Last time I checked I have a resting heart rate of 50 bpm and my blood pressure is in the normal range.

18. draqon Banned Banned

what sort of bike you got?

19. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Right now I have a Gary Fisher Tassajara mountain bike. I hardly ever ride that thing anymore as it is in no condition to ride and it is a money dump. Something always goes wrong with it.

I'd like to get into road biking for a few reasons though. The main reason is because I love cardio exercise and with road biking you can ride to your heart's content without having to worry about leg and knee injuries (unless you fall off your bike at high velocity!). I used to be a big runner, doing about six miles a day. It kept me fit and I got really fast and good at it, but I felt that I wouldn't be able to keep it up without screwing up my legs and ankles, so in college I switched over to weight lifting. But when I get a real job and with that, real money, I'd like to buy a real road bike and get back into the cardio thing. From what I've heard on Mountainbikereview.com, the Buenos Aires is an amazing bike for the money. So I'm thinking about getting that, then training and maybe racing competitively if it turns out that I'm good enough.

20. draqon Banned Banned

I am just asking because I bought a carbon fiber bike off craigslist for 300$...so just craigslist used bikes made of steel alloy with carbon fiber combined...they work better than new ones.

21. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

...Still 5'6" and 110 lbs here. I've started jogging recently. So far, after 2 months of honest trying, I can run a long block and that's it; even lifetime smokers can do better, and I'm not a smoker. I'm wondering if it's time to see a cardiologist.

22. draqon Banned Banned

are you a guy or a girl?...cause that is like seriously underweight...:bugeye:

23. draqon Banned Banned

better now than when it is too late. My mom's friend's friend had some problems and she was always tired so my mom's friend told her to see a cardiologist...and guess what it was an irregularity in heartbeat frequncy!...cardiact arrest soon follows. Well, the issue was resolved with an operation...but if she hadnt done it, she would have been dead within a year!!!

I am not trying to scare you, but believe me...treating the problem is better even if it means going through pain and problems...than just hiding it under a pillow.