Are You A Quantum Creationist?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by Eugene Shubert, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

That is a better analogy than mine. City dwellers would not refer to themselves 'piss drinking shit eaters' (well I wouldn't if I lived in the city), it sounds rather disturbing when using those terms. That is why I would not refer to myself as a big bang creationist, it sounds disturbing. I would say instead that I feel that the big bang theory is the best theory describing the beginning of the universe as we know it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

You should keep your preoccupation with reality in your own threads and not try to hijack other threads, even if this is a goofy trolling thread...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Eugene Shubert Valued Senior Member

As I've already explained, I could have defined a quantum creationist as a believer in "quantum creation," which is a phrase used by Prof. Alexander Vilenkin and Prof. Stephen Hawking. So please explain why the linguistic link between "quantum creation" and a "quantum creationist" is a difficult or insurmountable transition for you to grasp.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. exchemist Valued Senior Member

No, because you are trying to redefine - or more correctly perhaps to obscure - the accepted meaning of the term "creationist".

The first line of the Wiki definition of "creationism" is as follows: "Creationism is the belief that the Universe and Life originate "from specific acts of divine creation."

Now tell us where, in the video you posted, the speaker said he believed in specific acts of divine creation?

8. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Read my next post….

9. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Thank you.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Eugene Shubert Valued Senior Member

There is no rational argument against defining "a quantum creationist" to mean "a believer in quantum creation" since "quantum creation" and "quantum creationist" are obviously grammatically linked. The beauty of liberated mathematicians is that we have no inhibitions about creating our own definitions, if it leads to logical structures and valid arguments. But a rational argument is not a good enough reason to stop all the poo-flinging chimpanzees.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  11. brucep Valued Senior Member

Creation and Creationism isn't the same thing. So we probably will only grasp that you're conflating them
    to mean the same thing. You're doing this so you can denigrate inflation cosmology by asking 'what's the difference between ....... and what you believe God did'. In the process you get to troll all these atheistic scientists.

12. Eugene Shubert Valued Senior Member

Quantum creation already has a specific meaning. If quantum creationism has never been defined heretofore, then I have every right to define it as I have done.

AlexG likes this.
  13. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

scientific knowledge is just too advance to be translated into your own primitive conceptual framework. it's analogous to if i were to try to translate quantum mechanics into the grunts and screeches of a chimpanzee.

14. Eugene Shubert Valued Senior Member

So says the angriest flinger of poo.

15. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Good point. By the way would you describe yourself as a follower of Gods Bastard Child?

16. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

shrugs, i'm just moving what you already thrown out of the way. in a sense you can say , i have begun " cleaning " the mess you're continuing to make.
    now what ?

17. Eugene Shubert Valued Senior Member

I describe myself as a believer of axioms like The Fundamental Beliefs of Millerite Adventists, Circa 2015.

18. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Has anyone else noticed a positive correlation between the stupidity of a thread and the number of posts?

19. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

In other words you're rather gullible since those "axioms" are nothing like axiomatic.

20. Eugene Shubert Valued Senior Member

Mathematicians don't always limit themselves to the simplest axioms imaginable.

21. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

lets be honest here at this moment, you are completely clueless to anything of what a mathematician does or is or mathematics in general , correct ?

22. Yazata Valued Senior Member

No, certainly not consciously.

I don't know what "quantum creationism" refers to. The first post didn't clarify things very much.

23. billvon Valued Senior Member

Do you have the integrity to admit that you are a follower of "Gods Bastard Child?" After all, you have demanded other people admit what they believe using your preferred language.

Or do you refuse to do what you demand others do? There's a word for that . . .

Russ_Watters and krash661 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.