Are theists afraid of atheists?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Medicine*Woman, Oct 22, 2008.

1. swarm Registered Senior Member

Mormons are intensely scary. The level of mindless obedience required to swallow mormonism results in people with huge holes in their minds.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I wasn't necessarily referring to you, but if the shoe fits....

There are some christians who present honest, logical statements. That shows they may have their religious belief, but they are certainly well-tuned to make a positive argument. What I'm talking about here is the fantasy believers who shut out reality. That's really scary.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I never met a Mormon I didn't like. Not that I agree with them, but I love those people as a group. In fact, I almost moved to Salt Lake City in the 90s to do medical research. I love that place! I guess it's all in the attitude, but the Mormons welcome people from all walks of life, religious or not.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. swarm Registered Senior Member

You mean "That is only because you have less faith in your god than I do, and I don't even believe in him."

The part about not believing your outlandish fantasy god?

Or the part where I have enough faith to believe that if by some chance I'm wrong about gods, an actual good god is not going to be nearly as stupid, mean or slimy as you theists make her out to be?

I see no reason to fear any good god. I've no fear of your hell or concern for my soul.

I see not the least evidence for any of your claims for your bronze age myths. They are laughable and in particular your "saving" people for your misogynist, misanthropic, paranoid, jealous, angry, begrudging, symbol of all that is vile in a power monger "god" is completely ludicrous.

8. swarm Registered Senior Member

The false dilemma of a worshiper of evil - you are for me or against me.

A good people are fine with you not being for or against them.

9. swarm Registered Senior Member

It is an insult. An appeal to base cowardice and greed.

10. swarm Registered Senior Member

It erodes your understanding of the truth and it is a failing of your personal integrity.

11. swarm Registered Senior Member

MW I couldn't agree less. Mormons are intensely racist, they just smile a lot while they do it.

Mormons are welcoming only if they think they can score you. Cross them and they are almost as nasty as the scientologists.

12. swarm Registered Senior Member

Liar!

Yes, the extensive fossil record.

Gee, no ancient cultures passing along accounts of their lasers either. What an idiot.

Actual physical evidence trumps "witnesses" every time.

Insanity must be fun.

The great god Qerg has said Jesus is not lord. Can you prove it is not so? Didn't think so.

13. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Slip of the fingers?

About time you realized this.

Cite your research.

How do animals react when you preach to them?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2008
  14. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I have to agree about Mormons. Ever met a black mormon? Their scarce, at best.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

As atheism is a religion (apparently) that makes atheists theists.. uh right ?
    So should I be afraid of myself ?
    Are Muslims afraid of Catholics ?
    Are Christians afraid of Jews ?

lol *shakes head*

17. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: When I visited there, the LDS church had missionaries in Africa. In fact, they brought in busloads of Blacks from other states on pilgrimages. The LDS are in virtually every country in the world doing missionary work.

And then there are those former LDS members who stand outside Temple Square passing out tracts on how evil the LDS are.

18. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Are theists afraid of Jesus?

19. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Curious, the Mormons I've encountered all have this bizarre idea that black people are black for rebelling against God. Then there's the whole dying and becoming a god thing. Nice people, but the nicer they are, the more frightening.

Atheism is a lack of belief in deity. This could be pursued religiously, I suppose, but would hesitate to call it a religion, Enmos.

Stranger-I wonder if we are sometimes. Confronted with the picture of Him suggested by... I think it was Time?... the reconstruction photo, I know of christians who shied away from it. Then there are the ones who want OT law followed, and don't put their women outside the camp for being unclean one week out of the month.

20. Balerion Banned Banned

I believe the Mormons have gotten rid of that little bit about black people being black as punishment. I don't know for sure if they have, but in recent years their ad campaigns make me think they have.

21. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't scoff at them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me. ---------- Jack Handey

22. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

I know christians who believe that.

23. Balerion Banned Banned

Really? I wonder what passages they could have derived that message from. But then again, sometimes religious folks are stupid, and just make it up themselves.