Are scientists always trustworthy? Should we believe everything they say?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Happeh, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Facial Valued Senior Member

ATP, not The Force from Star Wars.

Apparently, you still believe in Star Wars fiction.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Facial Valued Senior Member

Happeh, for a 29-year-old like you, it's time to grow up.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. leopold Valued Senior Member

you are a FREAK happeh
    i bet every baby that looks at you screams it's head off

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Far far better Registered Member

Not quite. I'm surprised that Hercules didn't correct you on this.
    They're microtubules (I think... might be some other type of protein, too lazy to look it up right now). They are physical structures that form during mitosis and physically wrench the chromosome pairs apart and pull them to seperate ends of the dividing cell.

Do they have anything to do with magnetism other than a surface similarity?
    No. Nothing. At least not that I'm aware of.

Happeh,

What you're describing is better suited to witchcraft and to devising of religions than science. What you've done is come up with a couple of images which 'match' in your imagination and that's it. You've not really said anything about them. Made no statements. Never even said overtly that cellular mitosis is based on electromagnetism, but you have alluded to it.

There's nothing wrong with seeing these connections. But that doesn't make you a scientist. What would make you a scientist is to devise methods by which to test your hypothesis.

Do you have any thoughts on how you might do that? Forget that you're not really a scientist and have no access to a laboratory. Just use that imagination which you claim to have.

How would you test your hypothesis? Exactly what is your hypothesis? What factors are involved? How would you disprove it? What controls would you use to ensure the data was within a reasonable margin of error?

Or do you simply have innuendo and imagination to propel you along? It would seem you don't even have personality to listen to these guys talk about you. So, I doubt if you'd make a good witch doctor or priest. Maybe a monk.

8. leopold Valued Senior Member

carefull facial, happeh will use his darth vader choke powers on you

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

oh shit, another hater
    you screwed up by telling happeh that he needs to devise ways to disprove "his" theory.

10. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Surprised?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

We all know by now that trying to correct Happeh’s grotesque ignorance is about as productive as beating my head against a wall. There are so many other ways I can waste my time.

But you are quite correct, of course. The mechanical agent of mitosis is the mitotic spindle, with its microtubules composed of a protein called ‘tubulin’.<P>

11. Happeh Registered Senior Member

I could swear it says that right on the label on the picture. Maybe I need glasses?

Hey! Good for you! You can think and form an intelligent observation. You are absolutely correct. Just like I said. There are no studies saying anything about those pictures. No experts to tell you what to think. No obvious connection between magnetism and cell biology.

I might agree with that. Your science does belittle this kind of observation and thinking as "witchcraft".

Is that so? Please describe why those two pictures, both showing lines traveling between opposite poles, are only similar in my imagination?

I think a mathematical formula would probably spit out both of those shapes. I would say more but I want to wait for you to ridicule me before I make you look bad.

I know. You ought to offer classes to the other poor souls in this thread. Not a one of them said anything even remotely as observant as you.

I feel so good that you have reassured me of that.

The only thing that makes a person a scientist is paying the necessary bribes and having the patience and financial support to avoid work for 4 or 6 or 10 years.

If I want to be a scientist, I will keep this in mind. To be honest, I don't see it. I learned the limitations of linear thinking years ago. I cannot imagine going back.

Patronizing huh? This is fun. You have totally missed my point.

How would I kill what I know? How would I cut it up into millimeter sized pieces with sharp steel instruments? I wouldn't. I would rather let the knowledge live inside of me than kill it by torturing it the way a scientist tortures a monkey or a rabbit "for science". That isn't science. It is torture.

That's it. And I know more about life than you will until you change your attitude.

And finally the personal insults. Too bad. You made some intelligent observations. I was going to say something to you. Now that you have insulted me, I will let you do without.

12. Happeh Registered Senior Member

Awhile back, GeoffP or Ophiolite, I forget which, asked my about Happeh Fibers from my Happeh Theory. Happeh Theory says there are fibers inside of you just like those lines on the cell picture and on the magnetic field.

They wanted to know what they were called and all kinds of other stuff. I don't know. I don't have a knife or the willingness to cut someone open looking for something just so I can put a name to it. I can provide an educated guess, but why bother? The baboons will only hoot and holler.

What I can do is provide you with another one of those pictures that don't mean anything really. No one telling you what to think about what you see. Just you and the picture.

That is a chromatid. A chromatid holds the chromosomes that determine what the cells genetic information is. Look closely at the chromatid. What do you see? A bunch of wavy things right?

Don't you think that those wavy things could be defined as a "Fiber"? A fiber is something long, thin, and flexible. I even put an arrow on one of them to show how it looks like a piece of thread sticking out of your suit.

A human being grows from chromosomes. There is a bunch of fibers in that chromatid which is two chromosomes together. Happeh Theory says the human body is composed of fibers.

Sure there is no proof or anything. Still, do you really believe in coincidences? If you do, why are you a scientist? The discipline of science was invented by those of us that do not believe in coincidences. We defined science as finding out what is behind "coincidences".

13. Azael Registered Senior Member

Happeh,

Question here: what is the point of all your so-called theories. Do they have any practical application that we can all observe and benefit from, or are they utterly self-indulgent meanderings?

14. CharonZ Registered Senior Member

Well, actually I wanted to say something about microtubules, fibres and chromosomes, but on reflection it would only be a serious waste of time.
    Actually what you are saying, Happeh, is that if two things look somewhat similar there must be some mystical force involved and build some nutty theory out of it?
    Geez why didn't I think of it. Would have increased my publication rate dramatically just by looking at the bottom of my coffee pot. Either that or removed forcefully by men in white.

15. CharonZ Registered Senior Member

Yah, sounds reasonable. I am gonna join in stopping. Ehm...

16. Happeh Registered Senior Member

This is what makes this tedious. I have been here a month or two. I have been thru 60 pages of this. Then some new person comes in here talking sarcastic to me and asking questions that have been answered 30 pages ago.

My theory says the excessive masturbation, excessive sex, excessive physical exertion, snorting of drugs or injecting of drugs will cause you to go blind, become crippled and contribute to many other health problems.

All this stuff I have been saying lately is something to give people to think about. They completely refuse to entertain the claims stated above. I would rather be talking about the health stuff. They forced me into this as a way of making them see they do not know everything.

17. Happeh Registered Senior Member

I see you responding to the peanut gallery. You should know that leopold is insane. He sits on the board all day long looking at the list of people down at the bottom of the main page. When he sees me arrive, he clicks my name. That tells him what forums I am currently in. He then goes to that forums and, after every single post I make, he makes 2 or 3 troll posts. He continues that for as long as I am here. Leopold must make 20 or 30 troll posts following mine every single day.

Facial is Leopolds cohort. Facial loudly proclaimed he was going to follow and harrass me for as long as I was here. That was a month ago. You can see he is still following me.

Ophiolite is a pro Israeli. Since we disagree about politics, he too follows me around and makes trolling posts. He goes out of his way to make ridiculing comments about me and my theory for no reason other than to get even for my perceived anti Israel comments.

Those are the kind of mentally troubled individuals you are listening to and aligning yourself with.

You deserve it. Karma always pays back. One of these days when you have a a falling out with your newfound "buddies", they will get back at you by following YOU around to every post and trolling you for 2 months straight.

While the mod watches and claps in approval.

See ya later! Have fun!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  18. Happeh Registered Senior Member

Now back to the thinking. Here is another article about the husband and wife. If one gets sick, they seem to make the other spouse sick.

"Doctors have long known that for older people, the death of a spouse can be deadly for the surviving partner - a phenomenon known as dying of a broken heart.

Now it turns out that having a sick spouse can kill you too, according to a study of more than 500,000 older couples by researchers at Harvard Medical School and the University of Pennsylvania.

Taking care of a spouse with certain serious diseases, especially mental illness, is so taxing it can literally drain the life from you, the authors said."

Now. Follow very closely. It says "drain the life out of you". That man did not just make that up. "Drain the life out of you" is a common phrase that has been used for a long time. What is the origin of that phrase? Where did it come from?

You guys say that human beings have no life energy. If you are correct, how can one person drain the life energy out of another? According to you there is nothing to drain.

Why does the phrase say "drain the life energy"? Why not "Burn the life energy" or "Eat the life energy" or "Chip away at the life energy"? Why "Drain the life energy"?

That is important. The word drain is used on liquids. The toilet is drained when you flush it. You pull the plug to drain the sink. The phrase says "Life energy", not "Life water" or Life liquid". Why use the word drain?

You ever watch Star Trek? Did you ever see the bad guys "drain the energy" out of the DiLithium Core? Doesn't a cold object "drain the heat energy" out of a warm object?

I say the phrase "drain the life energy" uses the word "Drain" on purpose. It is not some coincidence. There are no coincidences. The word "drain" is used because that word does describe the real world process of energy transfer from one object to another.

That does not prove that people have energy. It is a cultural clue from the entire english culture that most people unquestioningly accept and understand what it means to say "drain the life energy" out of someone.

I also believe it is scientist that are using the phrase "drain the life energy". Why would a scientist say that if there is no life energy? Maybe you should go troll the authors of this study?

If you guys would stop being such trouble, I bet I could show you an example. It might take awhile. I would have to look for it. Then when I did, you would argue what you were seeing was something else or some innocent act.

If you would stop resisting and talk to me, I will jump you ahead about 5 years in the development of your life. The stuff I say to you will save you 5 years of your own study. Not only that, I save you the heartache. No one learns without being forced to. Only when someone kicks you between the legs will you finally agree to go learn this stuff I am saying.

If you talk to me now, you don't have to be kicked between the legs to get your attention and force you to listen to me, or some other person destiny chooses to give you the message.

19. Happeh Registered Senior Member

I am going to beat you over the head with this subject and force you to think about it in a questioning way. Here they describe the common symptoms of the caregiving spouse.

"Social workers say the signs of need in caretaker spouses are common: difficulty sleeping, withdrawal from society, ignoring their own health.

"If they're churchgoers, they stop going to church," said Sarah Maus, manager of geriatrics for the Muller Center for Senior Health at Abington Memorial Hospital. "If they belong to any kind of club, they find reasons not to go. It's people whose world just gets smaller and smaller and smaller."

I say the people cannot sleep because the spouse is sucking the energy out of them. While they are sleeping. The spouse is so ill that they constantly, unremittingly suck the energy out of the spouse. This energy drain is so strong that the spouse senses it in their sleep and tosses and turns in reaction to the energy being pulled out of them.

The withdrawal from society is the one I want to beat you with. I say they withdraw from society because they have no energy.

All people have energy and interact with each others energy on a daily basis. This includes taking and giving energy from others. For normal healthy people, the daily contact with other normal healthy people is no strain. Everyone is healthy so there is not too much energy draining going on.

The caregiver spouse is being drained of life. The sick spouse has drained, let's say half of the life out of the caring spouse. This means the caring spouse is only half as strong as he used to be. If he goes out into society now, when he meets people, he is not strong enough to resist them sucking his energy. His sick spouse has made him so weak he can no longer defend himself. He is like a steak out walking around a bunch of dogs.

Ignoring their own health is a part of the symptoms of having half of their energy sucked. They are so weak they literally do not have the energy to care about themselves. It makes no sense really. If the sick spouse stopped draining so much life out of them, they would always be at a higher level. They would actually be able to provide more energy for the sick spouse. A sick animal doesn't think though. It is sick. It just reaches out and starts sucking energy, whereever, and whatever time.

My Happeh Theory says that Sleep Apnea is caused by the wife sucking the energy out of the man. I spoke to a bunch of men that all had sleep apnea. They all slept with their wives. I recommended that they not sleep with the wives for a month to see if that changed the condition.

Any doctors out their? Feel free to steal that idea, research it, and make yourself rich and famous. I crank these ideas out day and night. There is enough fame and money for all of us.

If you were a really smart guy like Happeh, who sees the connections everywhere, you would look at the above claim and notice that it is connected to another item that is in the news alot.

Crib deaths.

Crib deaths are when a baby stops breathing for no reason. Sleep Apnea is when a person stops breathing. Being as smart as Happeh is very easy. All you have to do is keep your eyes and your mind open.

You have my permission to also steal that idea and get rich and famous. I don't like thinking about babies dying because they mother or someone else in the house has sucked it dry of energy.

(OK. I am posting this on my site so if you DO get rich and famous, I can prove I gave you the idea. I want accreditation. EDIT: I put this in one of my blogs. I said anyone can steal the idea and get rich and famous. Whoever steals it first, does the study, and proves some connection gets rich and famous first.)

Why do Arabic or Asian people not sleep with their wives? Not all of them of course. It is traditional for Asian, Arabic, and African people to separate the men from the women.

Of course, you superior white boys, you say that is because they are inferior and superstitious.

What if it was because they were superior and know more than you? What if those 3 human cultures, which outnumber white boy culture by about 20 to 1, kept the men and women separate because they KNOW that people such the energy out of each other. They KNOW that women suck the energy out of men so they keep them separated so the men can use their energy to work and run the society.

Think about it. You are smart. Come up with a better reason.

20. Happeh Registered Senior Member

Scientist support Happeh - They say to "trust your gut"

I keep telling you Karma is on my side. Keep disbelieving me, and evidence to make you wonder will come pouring from the sky.

This is a scientific study by scientists that tell you to trust your instincts or your hunches. My instincts and hunches, along with my observations and experience, led to my Happeh Theory about masturbation etc hurting people.

James and everyone else wanted scientific studies to back up my claims. This does not back up my claim. It does back up my method.

You can no longer legitimately completely disregard me. Your own fellows think my method has merit.

Trust your gut instinct when those shopping decisions get tough, say scientists

Scientists have discovered that the best way to make a decision is to collect the information you need, forget about it, and then trust your instincts to get it right.

This advice comes from a study by researchers at the University of Amsterdam that focused on how people make shopping decisions and what kinds of strategies produce the best buys.

Prof Dijksterhuis said: "Your brain is capable of juggling lots of facts and possibilities at the same time when you let it work without specifically thinking about the decision. But when you are specifically thinking about a problem, your brain isn't able to weigh up as much information. I sit on things and rely on my gut."

http://tinyurl.com/alosc

21. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

Happeh,

Fine. My gut feeling tells me that your theories are utterly wrong. Case closed.

22. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Who is this man, Happeh? I'll bet there are other photographs of this person on the web, and I'll also bet that they do not resemble your wacko nutjob crackpot theory in any way. C'mon Happeh, your theory is 100% correct according to you. It’s rock solid. Why are you so afraid to name this person so that I can search for additional photographs?<P>

23. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Fine. In that case....

Who is this man, Happeh? I'll bet there are other photographs of this person on the web, and I'll also bet that they do not resemble your wacko nutjob crackpot theory in any way. C'mon Happeh, your theory is 100% correct according to you. It’s rock solid. Why are you so afraid to name this person so that I can search for additional photographs?<P>