Are people inherently evil?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by ??!!?!?_particlename, Jun 19, 2002.

1. wellwisher Banned Banned

Maybe you can explain your insightful analysis with more than just negative one liners. Being a critic is a way to pretend you know more than you do.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

It's quite simple: evil is a perception, a judgement. As has been pointed out several times in this thread.
    You yourself said "animals are capable of acts that WE call evil".
    The links to biblical myths is nothing whatsoever to do with how we judge things.
    Maybe in future you should attempt to substantiate your claims as opposed to just making them and hoping everyone's as blind/ uneducated as you.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wellwisher Banned Banned

This judgement of evil is based on what? knowledge.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Really?
    What sort of "knowledge"?

8. wellwisher Banned Banned

Let me give you an example. Women in the US can wear anything they wish, within reason, since all is good. But in an Arab country many of these outfits or the woman weating them might be considered evil. In this case, the diffences in evil is a function of different knowledge; act is identical.

The PC crowd, has defined a whole new range of knowledge of good and evil, relative to language. Before this PC knowledge was imparted to the minions, relative good and evil were different, since knowledge was different.

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

No. What "knowledge" is involved?

Rubbish. It isn't knowledge it's a "declaration of how someone think things should be". An imposition of selected "ideals".

10. wellwisher Banned Banned

The knowledge can comes from reading, internal thought processes, or can be based on subjectivity. Once that is set in someone's mind, they teach that knowledge to others, sometime even with manipulation.

I fight against PC, to disrupt the impact of this knowledge on me. I will not allow this to define good and evil. Others willingly eat of this tree.

11. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

wellwisher,

Your post here is rife with contradiction and nonsense.
    Also, you have failed to respond to Dywyddyr's criticisms...

12. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Because it can be a balancing tool to excess of goods.

I am not sure whether evil is taken as SIN or just negative act.

13. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Are people inherently evil?

To what extent? For example, so indicated Adam & eve when created may not be inherently evil BUT could had become later.