Are our emotions within our DNA?

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Pine_net, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Pine_net Chaos Product Registered Senior Member

I've been doing some research in the area of emotional expression and haven't come up with any good conclusions as of yet. I was wondering if anyone here might have some good links I could follow. I've been through Darwin and the the James-Lange theory so please don't post any links to said references.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I am most interested in scientific evidence examining the relationship between positive affect and disease progression.

If you are interested, here are some links which may be of interest.

The HealthEmotions Research Institute
    The Laboratory for Affective Neuroscience

Peace

Last edited: Jul 26, 2002
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

The only thing I can help at this moment is there is appearantly correlation between personalities and blood type. For example, people with blood type A on average have better temper than people with blood type O. When a girl look at a guy, the guy with type O is likely to think the girl is interested in him, but the guy with type A is more likely to think he must look familar to her or there is something funny about his look. There is a full behavial analysis somewhere. I have seen this aaaaaaaages ago.

This probably no help. Sorry dude.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Too much positivity can be as bad as negative in effecting degeneration.

It's simple to say that our genes do control how are body forms glands to produce chemicals and enzymes. If the chemicals and Enzymes are produced above or below the normal equilibrium then the body can suffer detrimental damage.

This can be said if artificial drugs (again the chemicals/enzymes) are pumped into a person they too cause the same sort of damage and physical dependancy.

The body admitted will tend to try and immuniz itself against prolonged abuse and possibly even try to rectify by making whats being abused act in a homeopathic manner similar to a toxin.

I suppose this in away explains how drugs are slowly lowered in amounts when a person is coming off a dependant purely because the body immunises and possibly is dependant on a higher amount.

As for positive effects being destructive, well if you laughed all the time your brain would contain more nitrogen in your blood than usual. (This is the reason we laugh, it's actually usually deposited in the Lipid tissue, but convoltive stimuli causes it to be admitted to the blood)

This could cause a loss consciousness, possibly even defeat pain, since Nitrogen is commonly used as Laughing gas in dental surgery's.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Arkantos Registered Senior Member

I need a bit more Nitrogen in my life. Interesting...

8. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Calling Nitrogen "laughing gas" is the same as calling Hydrogen "water" because the chemical formula for both water and laughing gas is of the form:

X2O

for water X= H and for laughing gas, X= N.

As you are so connfused on this it will take rest of your comments witha grain of NaCl.

9. valich Registered Senior Member

This sounds like a bunch of hype. I don't know. You found this ages ago, so there's probably no source, right?