Are men afraid of women who know what they want?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by lucifers angel, Feb 11, 2008.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hmm apparently bleeding penis can and does happen, even during oral sex, due to bursting of blood vessels from over enthusiastic partners. Dang!

(off line reference)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

What? You're not into enthusiastic f@cking? Seriously, you don't even have to be kinky or overtly rough. For some guys, all they need to do is sink to the hilt.

• • •​

Oh, yeah. Few things in the world will humble a man like bleeding out of his penis.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I think a man might be afraid of a woman who wants a man's penis to bleed.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Did you know its actually possable to break your penis. its not a bone break (because there ISNT a bone

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) but rather a rupture in the vain in the mussle which causes it to remain erect. It is surposed to EXSTREMLY painful, fortunatly its never happened to me because it requires surgury to fix

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so it is really more of a rupture or a sprain instead of a break?

9. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

What do you mean by this emotional support 24/7 :shrug: What do you consider "emotional support exactly"?

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

its a vascular tare but because the symptoms tend to be the same as for a break its called "broken"

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

And I suppose a man would be embarrassed to go to the hospital for it. Why?
    Women aren't.

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

thats a tricky question to answer

(BTW a funny story, i read about a women who had to get a mobile phone removed from her vagina because she had been using it as a vibrator and it got stuck

)

As to why men wouldnt want to seek medical assistance its hard to explaine (personally i dont have the same problem seeking medical help)

Shame? that men are surposed to be "the strong one" and seeking treatment would be a sign of weakness
    Shame that everyone feels discusing sex related issues with anyone else (again i personally dont have a problem with this) because sociaty thinks sex is "wrong" and should be hidden
    Embarisment of having to expose yourself before some white coat
    Fear of ridicule?

There are lots of reasons why sexually realted issues are not discused with your doctor, the sad thing is most problems people suffer from with there sexual health a GP can actually help with

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

But they seem to affect men more than women. Is it because we get over that kind of embarrassment during pap smears and childbirth, while a man's first experience is usually a prostate exam at 40.

14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

well men are statisically less likly to see a doctor for ANY reason so i think it goes MUCH further than sexual health

Put it this way, if you started getting chest pain radiating down your left arm what would you do?

Most guys would wait hours if not days before seeking medical treatment

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Last one before I head out to a Floater show.

There is a story about the band Warrant, group of guys prone to onstage accidents such as a broken nose from a frontstage lineup when the bassist smacked somebody (frontman Jani Lane, I think) in the face with the head of his bass.

Anyway, one night Jani jumps up on the drum riser or something, holds the microphone in front of himself like a dick, and makes a grinding motion. For some reason, though, he falls forward, crashing down on the microphone and impaling himself with the RF transmitter.

Later, at the hospital, he was so embarrassed by the injury that he told a nurse it was ... a dog bite.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so women are smarter than men huh?

17. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

I dont think its that women are smarter but it does go back to the fundimental differences between men and women.

If a women has a problem (emotionally or physcially) she is STATISICALLY more likly to talk to someone. That someone maybe a friend, partner, family or medical proffessional. Men however are taught from a VERY young age that they arent surposed to complain, or talk about there feelings or problems. They are taught to hold that inside. Its why most men rarly cry except with PHYSICAL pain (ie if you hit a guy in the balls his eyes will tear but he wont cry when he is upset).

To be honest changing this sterotype is one of the best things feminisium has done for the world but it takes ALONG time to change.

Young men (my age for instance) are more likly to go to a doctor for depression than someone my dad's generation and DEFINITLY more likly than my grandparents.

This goes for physical symptoms as well, including those for a heart atack which is why most women will have there heart atack in hospital where it can be treated and most men will have it at home where they will probably die before reciving the care that could save there lives

This is something that is the focus of LOTS of health policy advisers, social justice workers in the health sector and even femist groups.

Its a sad reality

Now on to sexual health

When it comes to sexual matters most men wont talk about them even with there friends or partner. Women tend to do this better than men do. This is why so many cases of impotence are left untreated, because although the treatment is there few men seek it. Its also one of the reasons for the higher rate of mortality from prostate cancer, because unlike women who HAVE mamograms, DO check themselves, men DONT seek the regular health checks they need. Actually i should see if i can find a study on homosexual v hedrosexual male health, i have a feeling that homosexuals would be more likly to seek medical care but im not sure on that

18. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so basically it isn't women holding men back, its men holding men back. Women want to be equal to men, but men would never want to be equal to women.

???

19. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

I cant answer that orleander except to say one thing. I have herd it said that "a man isnt a womens worst enermy other women are" maybe men fall into the same trap, taught by there fathers to "suck it up" and "be a man" insted of seeking the help they need. I cant really say because i never had that sort of pressure, my father is someone i could always go to when i had a problem as is my mother and i DO seek medical and psycological treatment when needed

I still felt embaristed when the millatry doctor wanted to feel by balls to check for god knows what (i aplied to join the reserve at one stage but never went through with it)

20. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

My best friend works at the hospital........ohhhhhhh the stories I hear!!

How about this for embarrassing and PAINFUL. This guy came in who had put a lightbulb up his butt. It shattered cutting, shredding up his insides with splinters of glass

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

OUCH!!!!!!!!!

i herd another one where a man sliped on a bike and riped his scrotem. This was one we learned about at uni because we have to know how to treat a bleeding scrotem

22. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

At least you can explain that one . The one I mentioned above I mean you can't really say "Oh it was an accident".

I would rather die than have to go in and explain that. Let alone be treated for it.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So do assertive women encroach on hallowed ground with these men? Is that why some men are more likely to dissolve into the background when faced with a woman who knows her own mind?