Are men afraid of women who know what they want?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by lucifers angel, Feb 11, 2008.

1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

Why is it that, all though we are living in the year 2008, whya re we still having this sexism arguement? are men affraid that we wont need them anymore?

why is it ok for men to do somthing and be seen has a great guy, but when a woman does it, we get this double standards?

why do men like to tell women what to do?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

men tell women what to do because its what they were raised with. They see their moms waiting on their dads, waiting on them, so they grow up and expect the same from their wives.

And nothing freaks a guy out more than a woman who knows what she wants in bed.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

have you noticed none of the men here have cared to answer? :grumble:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

They're obviously afraid.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. figment Registered Member

I hate women who don't know what they want in bed, especially if they barely take an initiative. It comes across as total apathy.

9. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Pfft. Please. Only spineless guys that get intimidated really easily, and/or have the 'short man's complex' get freaked out by girls who know what they want.

Frankly, I'm getting sick of wishy-washy girls who DON'T know what they want. I love intelligent, ambitious girls.
    The only time I don't is when they are 'too busy' for a boyfriend; because we all know that that is a bullshit line. Those are the women that roar all week, 'I'm independent. I don't need a man.', yet on the weekends are sitting on their couch with a carton of Haagen Dasz, crying and saying, 'why am I so alone.'

Ladies, if you don't like guys who get freaked out by girls who know what they want, stay away from them, and go find a guy that's more secure. Albeit good luck, as those types of guys are usually always taken.

10. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I know exactly what I want in all aspects of my life. It hasn't scared Nietzschefan off :shrug:

11. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i am just trying to get down to why men expect double standards from women, tattoos are ok for men and not women, sex with lots of people is ok if your a guy but not if your a woman, are we still having to endure this sexism shit that women have to deal with?

Hey guess what guys women can now vote!

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

women judge that way as well. I see more women slinging the whore/skank judgement around than men.

They also judge a woman for getting an abortion but not the man for getting her pregnant and paying for it.

13. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

your right there, but women are nasty, especially teenage girls, they are the pitts.

but men view women has objects

14. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

My wife is a strong-willed woman who knows what she wants. She is a successful businesswoman and is a mother of two.

I am not afraid of that. It does have a lot to do with how we were raised, and what rolemodels we had as children.

Some are throwing around the sexism argument. Now, that is something women (maybe not you) are doing to women, so don't get upset with us guys (not that you are).

For the first five years of our marriage, my wife maintained her determination and ambition to succeed in business. I fully supported her and picked the family up and moved with her wherever she needed to go to get what she wanted. As time moved on into the next five years, her wants changed to the more stereotypical wants of a female. It was gradual, but it nearly shocked me when she said that she doesn't care about her career anymore, but wants to be a stay-at-home mom. I support that as well, and am putting myself in a position to make that a reality, because it is what I want as well. I want the "Leave it to Beaver" family, so that's cool.

She put herself into the role of the stereotypical female, that is the example she is leaving for the world to see what women want...so, I believe there is some sexism going on, but I don't believe the root of the problem is males. But, I also don't think it is a problem in the first place. It is what it is.

You women get the raw end of sexism in the workplace. I know that second-hand from talking to my wife.

There is no viable solution though to sexism...because a woman changes her mind, and if she knows what she wants, you can't unchange her mind back to what she originally wanted.

Also, my wife "wears the pants" in the family in most matters, but she does look to me for approval and final say (but, I best have a good "manly" final say) or she will tell me that I need to be a man and make the decision.

It's funny though because I like her to tell me what to do.

To answer your questions, women do it to women. These double standards are created by the same women who cry about them fives years earlier.

15. Myles Registered Senior Member

Men have no reason to be fearful because no woman knows what she wants,

16. Myles Registered Senior Member

I would ask for a list of your requirements before commiting myself

17. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Most men don't like strong women. That doesn't mean there aren't plenty of men around happily dating/married strong women.
    Personally I don't mind if a woman expresses her wish, much better than guessing...

18. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

Maybe that is overgeneralizing. Can this be substantiated, or is it a myth? I mean, there are a lot of jokes floating around about how a man is "whipped", has a "Ball and Chain", etc. Seems to me like these common coined phrases exist because it is common that men like strong-willed, opinionated women....or at least at first are attracted to them (because I know some guys who later hate that their woman is in control...or don't stand for it).

I guess it depends on what we're talking about. There are so many varieties of personalities of women. At the extreme end, a woman could "know what she wants" and keep it to herself (or wants her man to "just know"), which would frustrate the hell out of a man. That type of woman would definitely scare a man, he wouldn't know which way was up and couldn't say a word for fear of saying the wrong thing.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  19. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Me too

20. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

I like freaky!!!

21. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

My wife is the toughest woman I know!!! She has an Iron Will that is unbelievable. She doesn't always know what she wants, but she know when she wants. As to the bed, SHE ALWAYS KNOWS WHAT SHE WANTS!!!

22. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Problem is, several times most women don't know what they want. And then we have to guess, and since there is no answer, you can never guess right...

Whatch What women want with Mel Gibson!

23. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Let me take a stab at the promiscuous double standard.
    While I don't 100% agree with it, I will ask you, and all the women here:
    Is it collectively easier for a guy to get laid or for a girl??
    To be honest, a lot of times, the next time for getting laid is a mystery for men, even some of the married ones. Most women, even the homely ones, can get laid whenever they want (as there is always some guy out there that is just as horny as she is hideous).
    Here's a saying that Dennis Miller once said that has a lot of truth to it:
    Girls love to fuck but guys need to fuck. It has a lot to do with why men cheat, why men nail as many girls as he can; because he won't know when he will get some next. I dunno. I think very few women truly understand how much men like sex.
    As for tattoos, as long as she isn't covered with them, and the ones she has are tasteful, tattoos on a woman can be sexy.