Are Blacks dumber than the rest of us?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by MisinformD, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Balder1 Registered Senior Member

What intelligence are they missing, kinesthetic? If we judged that, then the animals would be a hell of a lot smarter than us. I.Q. tests test for what we consider intelligence, your reasoning ability.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

Brain is grey and it decides the suitable color to fight the environment/temperature... BTW how the heck this thread was not removed in the first place... is it a "Free thought"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Binary Registered Senior Member

Bottom line, races don't truly exist. We are a body. Even as in your body there are many cells which form your different members, yet they themselves being no more than varitions of, and spawns of a single cell. This being so, are we not merely a single celled organism in principle? Oh, but you see this principle of gradual variance in order to form the structure of more complex and massive members, does not stop there. It continues on, to dominate not only our bodies as individuals, but our interactions with one another as a whole. I believe a more accurate term for what we commonly refer to as "race", would perhaps be regional member, as in spawned primarily from a cell adapted to that particular region or country.

As for the members of one particular region being mentally superior to another, it's a ridiculous notion. Within a given population you have the potential for, if not the prensence of, all of the basic members as a society. What are they? Well, personalities of course. Possibly genetic predispositions to aspire to different expertise in the govermental and operational structure of a body of people. I would say these where the true races if there where any. Currently we have several systems by which we using generalization, catergorize the percieved distinctions of these different member structures. I say percieved, because there is really as much of a breakage between this level of manifestation of memebers, as there are between the members of your body as an individual. Currently, seemingly the most accurate and useful for practical application, would be the MBTI. If one where to veiw a population using this system which measures general intellectual potentials, (note: intelligence is subjective and only measures ones development in a particular area of expertise) rather than who's currently the biggest cultural buff, there would be no percievable difference in the various cognitive fuctions of the peerage of a regional body.

Now why can't we have a thread like this for discussing a more practical and proven issue of genetic ineqaulity, like the general differences between males and females. I think it would be enlighting for most of the members here to perhaps be able to engage in anulling some of the sterotypes surrounding this subject, and sheding a little light on some of the more obscure, but signifacnt differences that seem to have such a great impact on our general abilities and mental predispositions.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2003
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ralph nader Banned Banned

i do not feel that blacks are dumber than the rest of us. I know some very educated blacks and do not feel that this is accurate. I also know some stupid blacks as well as knowing some stupid white people and other races.

8. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

I don't give a shit. All I know is blondes get my attention fast, but brunettes have better personality.

9. Winter Registered Member

Have read all the posts in this thread.Perhaps this one is key.Why is is that we have the urge to control?Should we not be trying to live with?I don't imagine too many western civilisations have existed longer than the mazonians. :

10. spookz Banned Banned

perhaps they do not want to?
    what about this scenario. an illiterate freak living in an island paradise picking coconuts his whole life. has the bare neccessities, is aware of the outside world but he is content. then comes a fuck like me, city boy, working, working some more, scrounging up for retirement, finally makes it on to the island. takes him a while to recover but eventually settles down

11. immane1 Registered Senior Member

Must all questions be dignfied with a careful deliberation?

12. spookz Banned Banned

only if you are anal retentive

13. jps Valued Senior Member

Whenever a new study or report comes out indicating that a certain race is smarter or dumber than others it turns out that they're using twisted logic to justify their racism.
    A while back a book came out( I believe it was called "The Bell Curve") which argued that different races have different levels of intelligence.
    One of its assertions was that asian people are genetically the most intelligent whereas native americans are the least.
    This premise essentially proved their whole theory wrong as genetically, Native Americans ARE Asians.

I'd recommend the book "The Mismeasure of Man" by Stephen Jay Gould
    to anyone who still holds the ludicrous idea that race is connected to intelligence.

14. Balder1 Registered Senior Member

There is a significant difference between Mongolians and the other Asian races, and the Native Americans are not noticeable as Asians at first glance. They've branched off for a thousands of years.

Regardless, no one has brought up any hard scientific evidence refuting these claims. Why does Africa lag so far behind all other civilizations?

15. static76 The Man, The Myth, The Legend Registered Senior Member

Environment, resources, and isolation from other civilizations...

16. Qiothus II Majikal Man Registered Senior Member

Wow, there are some really racist people on here. I would not have guessed. I am black, and I for one know of a great many things that black people have done in the past to advance or inhance our way of life (us meaning the world). As was stated before, Egyptians were/are black (or if you would prefer: African), they were one of the early world's most advanced civilizations, they created one of the earliest written languages and a lot of other things that you all probably know about. Black people in the US have invented/ or laid the foundation for most forms of music that we listen to as well--gospel, blues, country, rap, jazz, etc. And does anyone like sports here? Well I hope you like black people because without them, you would have almost no sports, well, except for golf soccer and some areas of track and field.
    What does any of this have to do with intellegence? Quite a bit actually, for one, intentional invention denotes intellegence doesn't it?
    As with all races of people, there will be dumb ones and as with all nations, there will be stereotypes that choose a certain group of people to represent the majority. I hate categorization of people.

17. Balder1 Registered Senior Member

I'm not racist, I'm just saying that science hasn't proved anything.

And I think Africa could have some good resources, if they would have utilized them. They don't have to all be Third World countries, but they are. Seems strange to me.

18. spacemanspiff czar of things Registered Senior Member

...i have two black friends

are you aware of the long history of europe exploiting africa and it's people? maybe you should consider that when you think about why they "lag behind"

19. static76 The Man, The Myth, The Legend Registered Senior Member

The evolution of societies and cultures throughout history is far more complex than this. If the British hadn't colonized the Americas, what would the World look like, If Alexander the Great was never born, how would the World be different. If Hitler was a good military strategist, how would the World be different.

History shows us why Africa is lagging behind, as is South America. Environment, resources, proximity to certain civilizations along with many other factors, are the cause.

20. Balder1 Registered Senior Member

I realize that, but if Europe hadn't been involved in these nations affairs, they would have been lower than Third World nations. They would be brutal tribes, still following their brutal customs and traditions. You can't just blame everything on the Europeans.

21. static76 The Man, The Myth, The Legend Registered Senior Member

We have no idea how Europe would have turned out with Africa's influence. It's a two-way street.

22. spacemanspiff czar of things Registered Senior Member

i guess africa owes europe a thank you, as does India, and however many native americans are still alive.

also alot of things that europe claims as advances were "borrowed" from the middle east and asia.

23. adam2314 Registered Senior Member

I can only shake my head in disbelief that such a thread could be thought up..

So. I will refer you to my post on American Hero's..

PAUL ROBESON..

Educated. Against the odds...

Articulate. Which the larger mass in America are not

Strong of character. He stood up to Mc Carthyism.

Talented.. Which most of us are not.

Compassionate. Which is in my mind a byword for Americans..

He was only one of many " Black Americans " That made your country....

Look up and GROW UP !!...