Are Blacks dumber than the rest of us?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by MisinformD, Jan 13, 2003.

1. NenarTronian Teenaged Transhumanist Registered Senior Member

I'm astonished/disgusted someone had the audacity (right word?) to make a thread such as this. Moderators? although it hasnt gotten too out of hand yet..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Alien Mastermind Registered Senior Member

Different people have different kinds of knowledge. In Africa people have much better survival skills. Try to imagine the usual smart white person trying to survive in a jungle with nothing!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

But this was public opinion no less than a hundred years ago. That's what's sickening

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Adaptation forms human intellegence. Altho no-one has been able to define what intellegence is, the fact that people can adapt shows a reasonable level of intellegence

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Nenar, we should keep this thread up. Although this was public opinion a hundred, two hundred, three hundred years ago and much more it's really grounded to an all time low, I think. These idiots can keep shouting their insane proclamations but we can shoot them down again and again and again because they are in fact not only stupid but outdated even though it seems that, unfortunately, stupid itself is not outdated. We'll run em into the ground!

9. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

This topic will be watched closely. The subject matter is a valid question. It could have been just as easy to ask if whites or asian population were the dumber. Racial differences are part of the real world. Should it get out of hand or should references continue to use words such as fuck continually, the thead will be closed.

One difference of the African race is that their bone mass is denser. Where this makes a difference in is in floating and swimming in water. Because of the denser bone mass, African folks and descendants tend to either float lower in the water or have a tendancy for the feet to sink. This is a true racial difference.

Education is a whole different subject. Oppurtunity and willingness to take up that oppurtunity (not being lazy) is not limited to any one race but rather the individual and the individuals circumstance. That is not a racial factor.

If the question is on a whole is the black race lower in IQ points, that has already been addressed within this thread.

10. NenarTronian Teenaged Transhumanist Registered Senior Member

Let me add to the post this:

-I know genius whites, i know stupid whites, i know drugged out whites
    -I know genius blacks, stupid blacks, drugged out blacks
    -Same for asians, hispanics, and..er...others.

Okay? Race is really irrelevant, especially nowadays...

11. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Hmmm...

Your take on "ethnicity" and "intelligence" is not a biological one. Infact, if you test the DNA of two people from completely distinct "races" you'd find that it would be very difficult - if not impossible - to determine from which ethnic background they were from. That's because we're from the same species. Our brains are genetically wired to form in the exact same way. Meaning, that although some intelligence is heriditary (as that which runs in a family as opposed to a race), a huge portion is determined by environment. That's why people from certain regions are better at doing certain things - because that's what the environment demanded from them. The biological idiosyncrasies (localized differences ie math, reading skills) in intelligence are almost impossible to measure from race to race. Infact, even a neandarthal child - a different species of man - would grow up to be perfectly normal if raised next your own kids.

For example, you might think that Orientals are the smartest people on earth. Especially if you've met some of them. They've read their books. But the fact is that orientals come from a poor background in which they need to work hard to survive. Resources are limited there, and most of them are willing to study hard for a good future. Biologically, they start out with the same brains as you and I, but they use them much better. North America's grade 11 or 12 curriculum is like their grade 8 or 9. They work hard to learn it. They're not superhuman, and lots of them dont even like it (take a look at the suicide rate in Japanses Teens). The human brain is capable of achieving alot more than we are right now. You can physiologically change it by making strong connections at a young age, or let it rott through too much TV. The choice is up to you. If samples were given an IQ test, Orientals would rate high because they're taught to develop good, strong neural pathways. The fact remains - they start out with the same brains as you or I.

In the case of blacks/africans, their environment is full of poverty and hunger. For them, survival alone is ten times more important than developing good neural pathways. In short, they're just as qualified as anyone to develop high intelligence, but if a sample were given an IQ test, they would rate low in relation to everybody else since they're environment doesn't allow their brains to develop enough. Fact remains, they're brains are biologically and chemically identical to everyone elses'/ They (impoverished ones) simply aren't given the chance to use them. Raise an oriental, european, and black in one household, and over the course of repetition, a pattern would emerge where race has no bearing on human intelligence. That's why we call it a species. We're almost clones of eachother. The genetic difference between people is sickeningly small. SImple as that.

So, you're wrong, misguided, but good question though. Intelligence is more of a socially determined quality these days.

-peace

12. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Thank you both for very true responces NenarTronian and Elbaz.

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

There is absolutely no good evidence that black people are less intelligent than white people. 'nough said.

14. Slacker47 Paint it Black Registered Senior Member

Vortex = Smurt

Seriously though, what good does being smart do?

As my english class read Candide by Voltaire, we cam to the chapter about El Dorado. A student designed the idea that Candide came from a "more advanced" society, and the Dorado-ians were primitive. So, our class decided that western culture was a sphere, and the sphere rested on a plane (El Dorado).

As we fought back and forth with our snarling remarks about which culture was better... a student made the mistake of saying that the spherical culture (Western Society) was more advanced because it was more complex.

So, I stood up and yelled: "Where the Hell are you going? What is the final "goal" of western society?" Everyone was stumped, and at that moment, everyone realized that humans are sickly creatures.

So, my question is: Why be smarter if there isnt anything to acheive? Tribes in the Amazon and Africa have lived for centuries without technology on the same land, and their soil is unscaved.

15. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Sorry to invoke the word fuck but:

We really should all fuck till we're all brown or tannish.

If you read discover or scientific american, you'll see that racial differences are thought to be accounted for by climate of evolution. It takes less that 100,000 years for the skin of a populous to adjust to its climate. it's all about pigment, ultraviolet radiation and vitamin D production. It all sounds quite plausible to me. Certainly better than "niggers are stupid". I want to kill people who say that kind of shit. I wouldn't, but it makes me have a violent surge... kind of like when whatsup posts. I'm too lazy to look up a link.

16. 1119 Registered Senior Member

Africans aren't the only blacks. Indians are a progressive race in the medical and information technology sector.

17. spookz Banned Banned

good point!
    how bout dem indians?

18. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

i';ve always kinda thought about that.
    that eventually we'll all just be mutts, and there wont be any racism..

but then im sure some inbred single-race group will wander out of a cave and start causin trouble...

19. spacemanspiff czar of things Registered Senior Member

After a couple hundred years of slavery, some institutionalized racism, wich includes making it illegal for blacks to learn how to read, or to attend pretty much any school. This all "ends" maybe 35 years ago. and you want to say that black people are stupid because the ones you see on TV seem to be?

that makes alot of sense.

does anyone on this thread actually KNOW some black people? seriously, i don't mean you see them on TV or pass by them on the street.

oh, and i'm smarter than all of you

20. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

so... it's YOU! :bugeye: (you have to imagine that "bump bump ... BAH!" music, like when villain plants a seed for an evil plot on tv, or the good guy is all like "it must have been blah blalh" and the camera all zooms in on him and then that music... it really helps)

21. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

The final goal of all society is to control our surroundings. I think western society has already accomplished alot more in that respect than amazonians. It used to be that we couldn't travel from continent to continent all that easily. Now you can just buy a ticket, hop on a plane, and you're there. Amazonians couldn't do that, could they?

22. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Like family...

23. reformedtopunk got punk? Registered Senior Member

One thing i've noticed is that black people in a white majority setting (like my community) seem to act in the sterertypical Mtv, rapper, black way. The clothes, the language, the violence, the lack of respect, etc. This couldn't come from the area we live in (rural, white, fairly safe, mostly respectful) and so it must come from the media. I figure that these black kids watch things like Mtv and BET, and figure "all these black people act this way, this is how people expect me to act, so i SHOULD act that way". This of course is all subconcious. In subsequence, they do poorly in school and a few have even dropped out.

So i think its mostly societies fault. THe only african americans you seem to see on tv are extremests (jesse jackson), sports figures, or rappers.

What else can a rural black kid identify with?