Are all dissenting voices cranky ?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by The God, Jun 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

< in-thread-moderaton-comment klaxon="true" >
    Is that what it was for? I caught it too late to feel I could report it, but I'm glad they caught up to him on that.
    That was a real line-crosser, that was.
    < /in-thread-moderaton-comment >

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I gather he was banned for 24 hours for a breach of rules.
    Will he learn upon his return and address our concern that he has been acting badly.
    I do worry his bursts of anger deliver consequences that will effect his health. Anger outbursts probably cause his blood pressure to rise to unsafe levels. I had a vision of him reading one of our posts huffing and puffing getting flushed his eyes enraged his teeth grinding as he shuffeled about to beat out a reply. I was almost alarmed how this vision entered my imagination but he seemed to then gasp and grasp at his chest as that image faded. I thought maybe I should not give him any more stick because he may give himself a heart attack.
    So I hope he behaves on return and realises that anger is bad for you.
    It worries me when I get these "flashes" as so often what I have imagined comes to pass.
    I dont believe in any nonsence about predicting the future but these "flashes" often are about things that could be reasonably expected to happen. So when they do one cant reasonably expect that one had in fact predicted the future.I dont but I can see how many folk delude themselves.
    Off topic but a funny story about a sad situation.
    I had been discussing the funny things I read in the bible with my nutter tarot card reader friend. He had just purchased a Japanese sword which he was very unhappy with. I said "damn them they shall be smitted and thrice their evil reactors shall be laid low and burn as the fires of hell".. The reference to NPower fitted because we had been arguing about its safety and waste disposal issues.
    Remember this guy believes some really strange stuff like he cleans his aura so deamons cant attack his soul, eats raw meat because if you cook meat you dont get the benefit of "the life element". He believes that he has the "power" to read the cards, I mean he really believes this stuff. Otherwise a most capable person fix anything, built his house exceptional martial artist.
    I said what I said the day before the earth quakes and when I arrived at his house he said in a sort of stutter "you you caused that" "and the reactors... three of them are destroyed".
    I said "no no it wasnt me I said three would melt down and only one melted down" I was treating it as a joke associated with a very sad coincidence.
    Well days later when I visited again all three reactors were in a stage of melt down and he was looking at me in avery strange way. I think he was divided as to my powers, did I cause it or just see it. But thats how it ges for people who read stuff into coincidence.
    But my flashes do worry me sometimes when they turn out.
    Alex

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

You may have me at a disadvantage

Since I have thoroughly read this thread.

But, can you blame me?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Thanks again. I would have thought he would be banned for ever but the Mods no doubt realise he will just go to his sock draw and we have to figure out who he is again.
    I was happy that I got an appology as I bet he nearly chocked typing it out.
    And as I said he is a bit of a toy we get to play with when bored.
    Also his wild claims provide opportunity for learned members to present reliable material that others get to read and in my case learn, also others learn how not to behave if they seek respect and not seen as a fool.
    I dont care what rubbish he presents if it relates to cosmology as it is countered.
    I sidetrack him in the hope that he will learn to stick to the issues, but he falls in my traps with monotonous regularity.
    And of course the question arises as to will he come back and just not sulk off and rummage in his sock draw.
    But I like the guy he helps me with my feet.
    Alex

8. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

We think he has a mate R who is fond of socks.
    In fact I think he has a mate who owns a sock factory.
    But thinking is not alleging,
    Alex

9. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

NOT NOT

I screwed up

I have NOT ...

10. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Meh...not one bit, Beer w/Straw.
    This Thread is basically 40 pages of supposed(!!) adults(??), seeming to and somewhat admitting to, playing childish games of baiting, toying, and making fun of someone who obviously has - at the very least - first and foremost the handicap of English not being that someone's primary language.

Beer w/Straw likes this.
  11. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

You called it right but fail to mention why The God gets treated with no respect and it is somewhat dishonest or uninformed not to place in context the reasons why he gets little respect and is toyed with.
    It has nothing to do with language at all I really expected more from you ...you seem to have offered more in the past so I don't know what to think now when you don't know why there is a problem but know this it has nothing to do with any suggested language barrier. He did rightly point out my poor spelling which suggests you may be wrong saying language is an issue.
    Respectfully
    Alex

12. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I can't be certain of course, but I haven't seen a single criticism of TG's language abilities. And rightly so.

13. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I did call him out for using bad language because he used the "F" word which would further suggest he has a rather good understanding of language.
    In four hours his ban expires and if he reads dmoe,s comment I think he would,rightfully,feel insulted at the suggestion he has poor language skills.
    Alex
    We may be all carrying on,me mostly I admit, but its draws a croud...and The God gives as good as he gets and I bet he enjoys the ruff play.
    Alex

14. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

In your previous Post, Alex, you proffered your "somewhat dishonest or uninformed" ploy...
    Tell me, Alex, exactly how "Respectful"are you being in the ^^above quoted^^ since I made no "suggestion" that the God "has poor language skills" ?
    Is that in any way similar your aforementioned ""somewhat dishonest or uninformed"?

From reading The God's Posts on Sciforums, it seems to me that he has quite good "language skills" when considered in the context that English is clearly not his first language.
    You mention that "In four hours his ban expires".
    Well, Alex, at that time maybe you can inquire of him if English is indeed his First or Primary Language.
    You may also ask him if he was "rightfully,...insulted" by what I actually Posted...

15. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I admit you did not say poor language skills
    Is what you said so you have me on toast.
    So do you think I made a ploy or do you think I made a mistake I can handle either as there is nothing that takes away from the general proposition that The God brings upon himself the plays,the traps etc because he behaves badly.
    Your suggestion is he is at a disadvantage well have it your way.
    Alex

16. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Interpret it which way you like but don't ever mistake my stupidity for dishonesty ...there is no crime unless there is guilty intend.
    I have enough trouble getting thru life being totally honest I am not clever enough to be devious.
    If he is upset he will tell you I am sure if there is any dispute between you and him I say it is not my affair I would rather be friends with the both of you than to take sides.
    You ask him but I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
    And please don't be so ready to attack me if I say something upsetting or wrong I am man enough to say I am wrong.
    So if there is anything bothering you about me please say what it is so I can sort out any perceived problem.
    Ordinarily I probably would put up a smiley face now to show all is well but I have noticed you don't like them so out of respect I will not put one up.
    Hope your day is good and sorry if I upset you in any way.
    Gee I miss him already how many hours to go let's try not to upset him when he gets back.
    Alex

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Just to add to the myriad of scientific papers linked at post 794, I also found the following rather simplified explanatory paper along with facts, for those interested........
    https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1605/1605.00761.pdf

Gravitational Wave for a pedestrian
    Asis Kumar Chaudhuri
    Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre
    Kolkata-700 064

Abstract:
    The physics of gravitational wave and its detection in the recent experiment by the LIGO collaboration is discussed in simple terms for a general audience. The main article is devoid of any mathematics, but an appendix is included for inquisitive readers where essential mathematics for general theory of relativity and gravitational waves are given.

Conclusion:
    LIGO the most sensitive detector ever built detected gravitational wave. What next? At present LIGO consists of two identical detectors. It is planned to install another detector in India. Indian government formally agreed to bear the cost of the third detector. With three detectors in unison, LIGO will be able to identify the location of the source of gravitational wave with more precision. What are the implications of the detection? The very first experiment gave a robust proof of existence of black hole and black hole merger. What lies ahead is uncertain. To the mankind, detection of gravitational wave has opened a window to look into Universe hitherto unknown. I will end this article with a quote by Dr. Kip Thorne, a renowned American physicist and one of the founders of LIGO: ―
    "With this discovery, we humans are embarking on a marvelous new quest: the quest to explore the warped side of the universe – objects and phenomena that are made from warped space-time. Colliding black holes and gravitational waves are our first beautiful examples".

Xelasnave.1947 likes this.
  18. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I call foul on this one. Yes, there is some "baiting and toying" going on, but I have seen no one make fun of him because he is working in a foreign language. If you have seen such instances please point them out.

He is being baited and toyed with because he behaves in an arrogant and disrespectful fashion from the outset. Such science as does enter into his posts suggests he is of reasonable intelligence. If he were intellectually challenged then the baiting and toying would be reprehensible. However, when an intelligent individual chooses to behave like an ignorant prick they should expect consequences.

Edit: I see my comments echo those of a couple of other members. And I shall just add that your comments on working in another language strongly implied that there was a lack in TG's language skills. Perhaps, in this instance, your own language skills have - native or otherwise - have been challenged and you have written unclearly.

Xelasnave.1947 and paddoboy like this.
  19. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

This is indeed good news, you of course know Australia missed its chance some time ago.
    And let me take the opportunity to thank you for setting out all the links that you know about.
    I find you are most helpful in these matters as I expect do guests visiting this site.
    Alex

20. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I think you got it exactly right in another thread, in which you observed that TG behaves like someone "looking for a fight". He is an extraordinarily irritating poster, which is why I have had him on Ignore for some months now.

21. The God Valued Senior Member

DMOE,

Look at Xelasnave or Paddoboy, they claim to be from native English speaking country, but their lack of linguistic ability is palpable. Period, as this is very much off topic and it just does not matter as long as poster is able to convey, I made this comment because whenever Paddoboy fails to understand the science involved in my posts, he jumps and claims that English is not my first language. If native English speaker insists, repeat insists, that SMBH is an acronym, then surely he fails the test of any linguistic command over his primary language. But then he is Paddoboy, he fails everytime but he moves on. That’s the spirit, I like in him and that’s why I have chosen him. Remember ‘Interstellar’?

See, we are talking about Dyson Spheres and crediting superior ETI, those guys are certainly not speaking any earthly language but we assign great intelligence to them. So Paddoboy and Xelasnave, pl relax, your poor English is not a reflection on your (poor?) intelligence,

22. The God Valued Senior Member

• Do not make baseless accusations against other members.
    DMOE,

I made a point that this guy Xelasnave is not what he is pretending to be. And I am proved right, look at his acerbic posts, look at his self admitted dishonesty of trappings, look at his suggestion that he let those unsuspecting girls trap him. His hermit and goody goody guy persona has vanished. When pushed to corner he begs for sympathy based on his old age or some health issue. And you must know that I did not make a reference to Pedophilic as one inconsiderate poster is trying to push. See, if you are in doubt about a person or if you are sure about a person’s shady nature, then obviously you would like to safeguard the most precious possession around you from him, for me those children are very precious and if I see that something or someone can harm them, then I will definitely keep them away. Why we should think that any such safety reference to children would be suggestive of Pedophilic? Dirty mind??

I put 3 conditions for that, Xelasnave should feel offended only if all the three points fit on him. Moreover, as soon as I realized on your prompt, that a bad inference can be drawn from my post, I immediately apologized even before Xelasnave got it. The matter should have been dropped then and there, but then we have no dearth of insensitive people like Ophiolite, he re-ignited the issue thinking that he would be savior to Xelasnave, but he caused further damage to all involved. This man Ophiolite brought an unsavory inference (not even intended) back to front that too with absolutely unwarranted foul language. Not done, Ophiolite, not done. I had seen your exchange with Danshaven, for me you failed then and there.

23. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

You can sense the slithering there #818 and #819.
    Has this thread now become TG's blog thread...'The stress of being a misunderstood genius'.
    I wonder what the ignore button does?
    Now there will be an interlude during which' tg' and DMOE can have a little natter.
    Meanwhile, DMOE check this out...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2016
    DaveC426913 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.