Are all dissenting voices cranky ?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by The God, Jun 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

We are all different but I dont seek to live up to anyones ill conceived expectations.
    Look I am sorry if you think my dealing out likes seems like siding with trolls but think about it this way it is my way of saying to them that I think they have made a good post and getting to the meaty part of the discussion or it may not.
    If folk troll you as you say ask yourself just why that may be.
    Your behaviour and insults wont have folk giving you any respect at all.
    I have lowered myself to your level to give you a taste of your bad medicine.
    Just because you are a pretender you think thats the way others play the game.
    Well in my case I am very proud of myself and my achievements in life and have no reason to be secretive. And yet you insist I hide behind my beard etc because I remind you of someone who has obviously wronged you.
    You try and fault me with anything you invent but you waste your time. I am not a mystery man such as yourself. Get over it.
    Your would be better off looking inward and addressing your problems.
    I know I should not trap you but rarely do I need to do so as you set your own traps and jump in.
    So thank you for your reply and thank you for going easy on a badly acting old man.
    Care to comment on the gravitational distortion I raised or do want more stick.
    Alex

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The God Valued Senior Member

If you know what they are talking about how two BHs came in binary orbit, then why not put it in writing here ? Lets see. I gave you few possibilities, put your finger on one or give a new one, we will discuss.

Xelasnave.1947 likes this.
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I gave you a like not because I agree or disagree with your post but to signify I like the fact that you have outlined some sort of approach above the level of your spagettification spit approach.
    By setting out your concerns respectfully you may get some respectfull replies.
    See I can be kind.
    Alex

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No, not at all. I just respect the efforts and time put in by the professional experts rather than pretenders and cranks like yourself.
    There are many papers in the aLIGO thread, instead of indulging in your crank nonsense, try reading them to get your answers.
    Just to make sure you realise....
    You are fooling no one...You are an amateur lay person, driven by your religious agenda and associated overlords, on a crusade to try and invalidate, by hook or by crook, 21st century cosmology on a remote science forum.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You are good for a laugh though, but in any case, I'll keep checking to see if you have made any difference.

8. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

See another like.
    I may have to put the stick away.
    Seriously you are doing much better so I will give praise where you deserve encouragement.
    What a nice old man I am.
    Alex

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Because being the crank you are, you will dismiss all references and papers as "pop science"
    Like I said, I posted at least a dozen papers in the aLIGO thread.
    You are not worth the time or effort to link to them here.
    As a nobody, you remain a nobody.

10. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I find such really amazing also but rather than dismiss things because it seems impossible to you why not ask simply..... How did they do this? Do you know? I dont?

But think about it.... If they were trying to pull the wool over any eyes do you think for one moment other professionals would let them get away with it.

If there was a professional out there who could trump them dont you think he would and claim the instant fame, prizes and become the next top gun.

Are you the next top gun?

Seriously ask how they did it or if you know let us mere mortals in on how they can make such measurements. You may find out they are rather clever to figure how to do what they have done.

Alex

paddoboy likes this.
  11. The God Valued Senior Member

Its very simple, because most of the people (barring a few, pl see Daecon's last post) feel that mainstream cannot be wrong. This kind of blind faith leads to tremendous heart burning when some one talks opposite. Abuses starts, name calling starts, the guy who is contesting also joins the mud throwing, and at the end it becomes majority Vs One man. People like you tend to mingle with majority, ideally you should remain neutral because you have the ability to read and understand, what is lacking is deeper knowledge of the subject. So you see, barring Rpenner, almost all the posts by others lacks the deeper understanding of the subject in hand. Ophiolite and James R sparkled a bit but could not hold on. Most vociferous of all, Paddoboy, he dismissed Smoller etc, because he did not understand what they were saying. Any hint of opposition and Paddoboy rolls.

Thats bad. Because you never had any high pedestal. People get frustrated due to various reasons. See the behavior of Ophiolite, his post was in bad taste, it happens. I too have used some bad words, but mostly I do not cross the limit on abuses.

Good, you should be.
    None has wronged me. I started at the age of 23 or so after my post graduation, worked with someone till 27, resigned and started my business thereafter and at the age of 43 I handed over my business to others and since then keeping myself out of day today business scenario. I make lot of money through them and I spend a good fraction on charity. You find my mention of charity as bad, because you think that charity etc should be done secretive or discrete. Why ? I have a different opinion, by my being open about charity, I could get many associates into charity and number is increasing, a very big advantage for underpriviledged.

Enjoy the stick, old man. That liberty is granted to you by me.

You are off my radar, because no further meaningful discussion can come about with you, I will respond to you if I find your post worthy of response.

12. The God Valued Senior Member

See, I told you in the past I give ample opportunity.

This spaghetification nonsense is being spread by Paddoboy for quite sometime, along with his Hamilton river model. It is nothing but popscience nonsense. You have understood by now that we know nothing about what happens inside EH, so you name it spaghettifcation or noodlefication or soupification or roastification. Does it matter ? Its a lollypop for Paddoboy, he wags it time and again. You innocently tagged on this nonsense and got burnt.

13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The most amazing bit of hypocrisy about our friend, now trying to put on his polite face, is the fact that he asks how and why BH binary pairs ever came to be, and his first "point"

in this thread was suggesting that the Sun may not be a unitary stellar system.
    While any suggestion by him was demolished as all his suggestions have been, most stars are in binary, trinary and even larger systems.
    Which simply answers his first question re how they could come to be.
    Back later...need to pick the better half up from work!
    As you know Alex, in Australia we often here it said, "you can't educate mugs!"

That is obvious and true entirely in this current case.

14. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Professional scientists have credibility. You have the complete opposite of that.

15. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Well you would do well to review what is an acceptable limit.
    I would suggest I remain neutral. And probably uttered more that could be non maimstream than yourself so I think your take is unrealistic and ignores the facts.
    Your attempt to rank people is arrogant it does not offer a good look.
    That is what I have been telling you, I am not a scientist, but I had to take a few steps to reach you in the basement.
    Not to creditors I hope.
    I can relate I did similar as to getting out of the rat race so I can relate to what you say you did.
    I can see where you are coming from and I must say your approach makes sence. I can see how folk like to do better than their friends so I can imagine by making it known that you give generously others would probably seek to do better. I think you are right on this one good on you.
    You are most gracious my lord it is a previledge to have you look down upon my unworthiness oh great one....
    So you avoid the issue yet again.
    This mere mortal can not understand why you work in such mysterious ways.
    If you cant answer my question just say so rather than talk crap.
    Its more stick for you and if you dont behave I will take back a like.

Alex

16. The God Valued Senior Member

Xelasnave

See, this is ignorance of the subject. Complete ignorance.

Two stars in binary composition cannot become binary BHs.

He is misteaching you, but can Mods remain silent on this ? They should not.

17. The God Valued Senior Member

This one is off topic but interesting.
    Since inception my companty is debt free and I am proud of that. You don't do charity by taking loans.

Xelasnave.1947 likes this.
  18. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

You must be right my legs are indeed burning.
    I dont know what you are talking about.
    I posted some information re spagettification and you avoid it... OK you cant answer I will leave it there.
    Alex

19. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Why not?

20. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

He can be saved. Learning cosmology takes time and it is tempting to want to write your own, heck I have fallen into that trap, but the key is to realise othersmay know more.
    Alex

21. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Off topic but I find another point where we are similar.
    I used to trade with an overdraft, every one does, but one day I asked for more money to buy an investment (a rent roll) It was during a credit squeeze which was why the guy was selling.

The bank declined my loan and asked for the money I had borrowed back immediately.
    I returned to my office I nearly locked the door and threw away the key because it seemed hopeless. Tuff times indeed. But I sat down and built a spread sheet setting out expected income outgoings and when what was due... Computers were not common but I figured from looking at the spread sheet I could maybe make it. I needed extentions here and there and got through it never again to use an overdraft and from then on always knew where I stood.
    Never a borrower or lender be.
    Thank you for showing something of who you might be.
    Alex

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The God:

So answer my question. What else are they evidence of, if not black holes?

23. The God Valued Senior Member

Is it necessary for me to give the alternative ?
    Let us talk about G2 cloud. We have an Xray source at/near Galactic Center Sgr*, supposed be a massive BH. Then G2 cloud was detected and based on our BH thinking certain predictions were made about G2. These predictions failed.

Should that not call for a rethink on BHs ?
    Secondly there is no fully accpeted and firm opinion about AGN, it is just in the realms of hypos only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.