arabic classes in denmark

Discussion in 'World Events' started by orcot, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Sure but they were willing to partition Palestine and give it away to Jews from Europe, because Palestinians were irrelevant to them.

Most European countries thought [and continue to think the same way] about land and resources in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.

The needs of the locals and their rights are typically irrelevant.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The Ayyubids are Kurdish, closer to Jews than Arabs.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Who are they? Again you do what you accuse others of doing. Am I to blame every muslim for 9/11? What about simply blaming the Afghani people? You disapprove when Israeli's blame palestinians for Israeli deaths due to terror campaigns. So why would you blame all Danes for palestine? Also I will say again that this has nothing to do with immigration and integration in Denmark. What I notice about people like you is that it doesn't matter what good a nation does in an effort to bridge differences in their nation, you will still find straw men in order to criticize them. Dishonest tactic really but its what I have learned to expect from you.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

In general, Europeans do not care about the rights or liberties of people who are not "like them". This is amply demonstrated throughout history.

But, as I said, the Danes starting Arabic speaking classes is a break from their usual ethnocentrism and is very welcome.

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

"...from their southern provinces, which are today Yemen and the region of Asir in Saudi Arabia."

Seriously: read. And you consider yourself an academic?

:wallbang:

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

lol

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

In the 100 years that they occupied the land, only they remained Muslims and the general attitude towards the natives was not one of enforcing their way of life on them or replacing the population, in fact, the Arabs learned from and assimilated the existing culture of the Persians, using Arabic only among themselves and Persian as the language of the court.

Well clearly, since the Ayubbids were Kurdish, they are the forerunners of Yemenis who have Kurdish blood. As well as Saudis who have Kurdish blood. This is not rocket science. Although I may need to look at who has edited hat wiki entry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayyubid_dynasty

There is no debate that the Ayyubids are not Kurdish.

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Ditto for every other group and nation in history. Except that the Danes also interfere for the good.

Don't be absurd. You have yet to complain about the ethnocentrism of the likes of Saudi Arabia, even, but you expect anyone to believe that the Danes are too introspective.

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

They conquered those areas with armies, SAM.

15. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Bu they are not and have never been ethnocentric. Its a claim you seem to throw but without any evidence, you haven't even been to Denmark. And as for European history that has nothing to do with immigration and integration you are only trying to divert from what good they do by harping endlessly on past injustices. You fail to see and acknowledge what is good in other's Sam and you fail to be critical of things that are your own (sounds like ethnocentrism

). Imagine a group who excludes themselves from the host country, who refuse to use the language of the host country, who criticizes the host country that has extended themselves towards this group and bent over backwards to accommodate the group, not to mention criticizing the host countries values and way of life. Who is it exactly that is being ethnocentric?

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

ANYWAY... "A Copenhagen municipality is planning to introduce Arabic classes in all the capital’s schools, in order to boost integration of Arab immigrants and to help promote trade with Arab countries."
    Your thoughts ?

17. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Its typical liberal Denmark. They are extending themselves in the efforts to create harmony. Too bad some people cannot appreciate this.

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Arabization/racism.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

If they are not ethnocentric good for them. I associate them with the Mohammed cartoons and their depiction of Arabs and their prophet.

Its a good thing.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I speak English because of colonial British rule in India. Is Anglisation racism?

And I bet your native American wife does too. In fact, I bet she is even more thoroughly Anglicised than I am.

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ok, noted. Next..

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You guys begged them not to leave

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The depiction of Mohammed was the depiction of Arabs, it was erroneous since Mohammed would not wear a Punjabi turban but a keffiyeh, but that is just refelctive of the ignorance there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.