Application of Cloning

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Nebula, Jun 26, 2002.

1. BobG Registered Senior Member

Unless I'm mistaken there has to be some form of surrogate mother

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

artificial wombs have been tested on animals and can carry them partway to term. Artificial wombs would be necessary for cloning to have any real point.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TATABox Registered Senior Member

Is there any reason to clone a human? NO, it makes no sense to do so, besides the few reasons you just listed. I am completely opposed to it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

I read an article awhile back that discussed the possibility of cloning humans with brain stems, but no actual brain so that they could be harvested for replacement tissue/organs. Kinda grisley, eh?

8. Jerad Registered Member

I dont know how I stand on the cloning of an entire person, however, I would maybe advocate the use of cloning in the creation of individual body organs. That isnt exactly, "cloning" as you are talking about but it fits in the relative category.

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

a school scene

mister teacher...i know a reason why to clone a human!!! can i tell please...
    yes son...go ahead...

My father is a doctor and he wants to have a new car...but he doesn't have enough patients to afford a new car...then he heard that cloned animals usually have many health problems...he now wants to clone as many people as possible so that we can buy a new car soon...we will be stinking rich and I can go to a proper school...

calm down son...we will beat this nonsense out of you...you know the drill....lower your pants son...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!