Appeasement: Obama Accommodates Racist Conspiracy Theorists

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tiassa, Apr 27, 2011.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I don't see the difference in terms of morality.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CptBork Valued Senior Member

I don't see how you can miss the difference. If there was a huge boulder at the top of a hill, and a town full of people at the bottom of said hill, and you gave that boulder a shove and sent it a-rollin' on its way, it's pretty clear that gravity is responsible for any of the casualties that follow, not you. It'll be a dark day in America when gravity is allowed to operate without accountability.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. siphra Registered Senior Member

That doesn't mean it shouldn't be investigated. If Person A goes missing, and person B says that this dude C killed him, there would certainly be an inquiry of some sort. Personally when it all came out I looked into it, Found that there had been a birth announcement in his local papers the day he was born, in HI... For me that was more proof than any copy of a Birth Certificate, who would plan that far ahead that a political career would go anywhere? But there are nut-jobs out there who don't think he should be president and they will look for anything to discredit his election.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

When was the last time you can recall anyone questioning whether or not the POTUS was a legal citizen? I was old enough to be aware of what a president was by Nixon, and I don't recall it ever coming up before.

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

In Various Forms ....

Barry Goldwater was the last time, as far as I know, in 1964. The question was whether being born in the Arizona Territory prior to admittance for statehood constituted natural-born citizenship.

The late George Romney thought to run for president in 1968. Born in Mexico City, his eligibility wasn't a huge issue insofar as his campaign crashed in '67, after he claimed the U.S. government had brainwashed him. It's worth noting, though, that he was derided as "Chihuahua George" by William Loeb, a conservative publisher from New Hampshire.

Notes:

Mikkelson, Barbara and David P. Mikkelson. "Native Son". October 17, 2008. Snopes.com. May 1, 2011. http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/citizen.asp

Rudin, Ken. "Citizen McCain's Panama Problem?" Political Junkie. July 9, 1998. WashingtonPost.com. May 1, 2011. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/campaigns/junkie/archive/junkie070998.htm

9. siphra Registered Senior Member

Name one time you have ever had a family member of the candidate say 'nope he was born here in this country' . There is a difference when there is actually a person claiming to have witnessed it. (Though tbh, if his mother or father were citizens at the time, would it really matter?)

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

There is always the Correspondents' Dinner

Because There Is Always an Upside

Patience is a virtue. Or ...

There is a vicious rumor floating around that I think could really hurt Mitt Romney: I heard he passed universal health care when he was Governor of Massachusetts.

Somebody should get to the bottom of that. And I know just the guy to do it: Donald Trump, who's here tonight.

Now, I know that he's taken some flak lately. But no one is happier, no one is prouder, to put this birth certificate matter to rest than "The Donald". And that's because he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter, like, did we fake the moon landing? What really happened in Roswell? And where are Biggie and Tupac?

All kidding aside, obviously we all know about your credentials and breadth of experience. For example—no, seriously, just recently, in an episode of Celebrity Apprentice, at the steak house, the men's cooking team did not impress the judges from Omaha Steaks. And there was a lot of blame to go around, but you, Mr. Trump, recognized that the real problem was a lack of leadership. And so, ultimately, you didn't blame Lil Jon or Meatloaf. You fired Gary Busey. And these are the kinds of decisions that would keep me up at night.

President Barack Obama
    April 30, 2011

... well, yeah, at least we got that.

11. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Where and when did you hear that? Is there a newspaper article you can link to? Or was it something that you had forwarded to you by an elderly relative?

12. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

I don't think Jesse Ventura has any of those qualities. The person who would make such a comment I feel would have the sour sulfur smell of elitism, Newspeak, and atheist arrogance.

13. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Here here. You F*cking rock. We're the only PEOPLE; not STATE, not GOVERNMENT, but PEOPLE, who know government is the problem, not the solution. We teach our children, and it isn't taught in schools, it is taught in the home, while we are watching the bullshit media, or listening to the bullshit radio, what truth really is. Can we use the government to solve problems? Sure. But today, it has become the source of so many more problems than it solves. . . OBVIOUSLY. And now it is letting in so many problems from the outside world.

And we don't give a lick for Republicans or Democrats. Seriously, check the polls. Most other countries? There is party affiliation. Not here. The highest party affiliation is, "independent." What that means is, I'll vote for whomever I damn well want to. We know both parties are bullshit (at least a thinking American does,) and funded by them (tptb) in the end. Even good old George Washington said we shouldn't have parties. It would only tear us into. I guess the Illuminati folk and Adam Weishaupt outta Bavaria had other ideas. . . Ya'll will have to find out about his connections with Ben on that one though.

14. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

This story, in my opinion, died along with Bin Laden.

15. CptBork Valued Senior Member

I hardly think so. I think a large faction within the Republican party owes Americans an explanation as to why they sat back and fed suggestions their President is a Kenyan Muslim terrorist, and undermined his work while he was busy coordinating the hunt for OBL.

16. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Basically, if you listen to partisan hacks of either party, you are an idiot. A patriot thinks for himself and only cares about issues that affect them.

In the last election? I didn't vote for either party. They were funded by the same interest groups. Not much choice there, huh? Pretty much knew there wasn't going to be much change. More international entanglements and war, and more screwing the economy in favor of the big wigs on wall street and corporate America. All you have to do is look at who funds them. Duh.

They pretty much all lie anyhow. There are good politicians in both parties. A thinking American votes for the person, not the party. And the good politicians hardly ever make it far enough to be a contender for president. Last one that made it was Reagan, and he quit trying to do any good after TPTB tried to kill him.