Anything interesting about an expression?

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Trapped, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Trapped Banned Banned

Of course I know what I am talking about, why else would I write about it?

\(\mathbf{G}\) is the gravitational field strength, \(\Omega\) is the torsion field, a curvature form of the gravitational field ...

... \(\vec{F}_{limit}\) is the upper limit of the unification of the gravitational and electromagnetic forces, defined as \(\frac{Mc^2}{\frac{GM}{c^2}}\) which simplifies to \(\frac{c^4}{G}\). This term is universally considered the origin force of black hole dynamics.

So yes, I know what I am talking about, thank you. And you really want me to explain the Heaviside vector?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Trapped Banned Banned

I said torsion was a curvature form, this is true, but there is more involved. It is a special case of nature... it is considered an artifact of the full Poincare Group.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

You did post this thread asking if that expression had any meaning/value...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I didn't ask you if you knew what you were talking about.

I asked you to explain it to me, because I don't understand what you're talking about.

For example, I wrote:

So, can you explain to me what gravitational torsion is, please?

8. Trapped Banned Banned

Actually, I got what I needed from the thread. Paddo was closest to the way I was thinking, the expression looks similar but not exact in certain electrodynamic equations, JamesR also added to this. The expression is not exact, but through manipulation can be found... maybe this is why you are accusing me of manipulation? Not sure... but the point is it was something I noticed, no manipulation of any equations had ever been done.

9. Trapped Banned Banned

I don't know, I've never written it out. I'd have to investigate that and get back to you.

10. Trapped Banned Banned

I don't know, I've never written it out. I'd have to investigate that and get back to you.

11. Trapped Banned Banned

Ok, sorry, I picked you up wrong.

Torsion is a field, just like any other field in physics, but in physics, it takes the Einstein Cartan model seriously, that fields of mass effect the surrounding region by ''dragging'' it along with it's frame of reference. These are torsional effects. Torsion in ways, can be similar to the Coriolis Force experienced by rotating systems. Torsion contributes also to the stress-energy tensor found in relativity.

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What's a curvature form?

And what exactly do you mean when you say that torsion is an "artifact" of the full Poincare Group?

I'm curious. What do you usually use Planck units for? And what do you have to be especially careful about when you use them?

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

So how exactly does the torsion field differ from the gravitational field?

And what is the Einstein Cartan model?

14. Trapped Banned Banned

Well Planck units are completely different to the normal units you might deal with in physics, for a very obvious reason, Planck conditions require conditions in physics which are normally not applicable to everyday living. Planck units can be used for... describing very early conditions in the universe, such as primordial black holes.

The Poincare group, describes very successfully the way nature behaves. Among these conditions, torsional spin effects is what makes the full Poincare group, so we expect it should be a real artifact in nature.

15. Trapped Banned Banned

A curvature form, just another way to say a form of curvature.

16. Trapped Banned Banned

I'd like to say it actually doesn't differ, it's like an extra orientation in the gravitational field involving the torsional effects of sigificantly gravitating rotating masses. The Einstein Cartan model is an attempt to describe general relativity with torsion added in it's curvature forms. So, you use the Christoffel symbols, which are defined as the gravitational field to describe this extra feature of nature.

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Trapped,

It doesn't sound to me like you have the foggiest idea about what you're talking about.

I'm out.

18. Trapped Banned Banned

I'm terribly confused... I thought you said you knew nothing about torsion?

Fine... leave the conversation. It doesn't effect me in the slightest. If you want to bait a thread and get your kicks out of that, then so be it.

19. Trapped Banned Banned

Also... I may as well have picked you up wrong. I knew instinctively you came into this thread to cause problems. Don't claim to know nothing about a subject and then when being told about it, pretend that you know enough to say I don't know what I am talking about. Absolutely nothing I have said to you is wrong. I don't see anyone else correcting anything I told you. You wanted to know what torsion is, I told you.

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

No. I asked you to explain the difference between torsion and the gravitational field. You couldn't.

I've done one formal course in general relativity. That hardly makes me an expert on the subject.

How about you?

You haven't explained anything. For example, you brought up Christoffel symbols, but you didn't explain how they are relevant to torsion. It sounds like you're just bluffing your way through by introducing new terms until you hit on one that I don't understand. Then, when I don't know what you're talking about, I'll presumably bow to your superiority in the subject and forget that you've actually taught me nothing.

21. Trapped Banned Banned

???

I told you, the torsion is like an extra degree of freedom in the equations describing curvature. Don't you understand, I am saying torsion is an artifact of the gravitational field and the full Poincare group. I clearly explained, torsion is part of the gravitational field and the relativistic equations that describes this full feature is itself featured in the Einstein Cartan model. I'm sorry you didn't understand this.

22. Trapped Banned Banned

I'm a self-educated man as far as physics goes... and yes I know quite a few things. I only get the best information and I learn from it. Most people ... a lot of trolls for instance at the site hasn't done half the work I've done to educate myself.

23. Trapped Banned Banned

You never asked.

Simply throwing christoffel symbols about isn't a walk in the park. It involves extremely difficult math. The last thing I expected, was that you wanted me to express some examples. I simply tried to talk to you on a level you might have understood concerning torsion. Obviously I have failed.