Anyone Know How To Write Literature That Doesn't Suck?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Niudo, Jan 2, 2004.

1. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

"People always ruin things"

Sometimes, sometimes not.
    Anyhooo, whats with the deliberate name misspelling?

"but your passion sleeps."
    ahhh, perhaps a glimmer of truth from you.

"As for "making something" out of my artistry"

You misunderstand. The website of my friends I directed you to, neither of them have made anything in that sense out of their artwork. But they still produced. Spiny Mendoza has moaned before about the ridiculous twee cottage and plant and nice sunshine paintings that seem to sell in huge numbers, but hers dont. You have yet to demonstrate to us that you have produced anything of art, despite it not being likely to earn you popular aclaim and monetary reward. By making something, I mean creating something of art, a work of art, not making money.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Guth:
    More like always.

What? Can't a girl have fun with misspelling it? Tug on your cowlick? Run a blade through your forehead? All in fun.
    Now you've confused me.

Do you think I mean scultpure or paintings? No. I'm a writer- a wannabe- not a bloody scuptor or painter. And are you saying you'd like to see my work?

Here's something: I've been writing for years now and its all stuffed in dog eared volumes yellowing in the places I keep them in. Paper and pen, remember those? People make them from bleached tree pulp. Rarely have I ever used the interent, its only this past year or so that I've been online as much simply becuase of this place I've found here- Sciforums.

Another thing- I don't *do* novels or short stories. They're all musings and observations, extrapolations and madness. I read like what a radio with static would sound like, no discipline.

You can however get a taste of what it is I write here:
    Nerdoverlord.com, under "Gendanken's Wrath."

He's got more from me still waiting to post up but the little fucker's a procrastinator that reminds me why it is keep my art, so to speak, hoarded.
    I lack both the time and talent it takes in keeping up websites.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

Brilliant observation, mein freund... no, really, I appreciate it, most people look at my username and decide I'm a guy. Which gets annoying. Fast.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Well, I was probably being a bit harsh with the "you have yet to demonstrate to us" bit. But thats all I mean, that we cant tell if you are a real, and I mean real, not "real" artist, except we could just take your word for it....
    So, ill pop over to wesmorris, and see what youve posted there.

Oh yes, and I like the overall compliment for sciforums.

8. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Niudo:
    Annoying? Amateur.

Guth:
    Ah- so the little man dobted gendanken then.

Good, I like being understimated.
    Compliment?

9. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

You seem to be a good polemicist. Now, to get you a wider audience.....
    And i didnt mean it in an underestimating you way, more a "you can say anything you like but without proof" kind of sciforums way.

"Rarely have I ever used the interent, its only this past year or so that I've been online as much simply becuase of this place I've found here- Sciforums."

Thats what I mean by compliment. i've been using the web since 1995, at uni and afterwards, and this is also a good place to come.