Anyone ever seen a UFO?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Believe, Sep 8, 2011.

1. phlogistician Banned Banned

Who said ONE data point? I certainly didn't. RADAR picks up weather, period. Weather happens all the time.

Considering it wasn't designed to look at weather, of course not. Be reasonable.

At least it might be able to hit a cloud! ROFL !

Project Bluebook was abandoned, with what conclusion?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

It's not just RADAR though is it? Be reasonable. We have RADAR in many and various locations, CCTV cameras, amateur and professional astronomers, satellites looking down on Earth, Satellites looking up, and digital cameras and video cameras in the hands of a good proportion on the Earth's population, especially recently, with the advent of the camera phone.

But despite the increased prevalence of surveillance afforded to us, ... we still don't get decent pictures or video. We monitor the skies in many wavelengths, up and down, but see ZIP buddy.

I used to work with a bunch of Astronomers, none had recorded a UFO on any of their instruments. Neither had the Earth Observation Dept, neither had the Astronaut I met, or any of my friend's fathers fellow Air Force pilots. I find it odd that the few who claim to have such evidence, are also always hawking books,....

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Reiku Banned Banned

The same conclusion that Project Bluebook's scientists had secretely agreed on since the beginning of the project, that was, to dismiss UFO's as terrestrial phenomenon.

It was biased before the official investigation went ahead.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

If that decision was secret, how are you aware of it?

8. Reiku Banned Banned

It was actually disclosed at one point. Original source of information I have at my disposal I do not have, however, I bet a fair amount I could find something if pressed.

9. phlogistician Banned Banned

I'm pressing you. Find it.

10. Reiku Banned Banned

Nope, I can't find those original claims. They are lost to things I have seen but have no record of.

Unfortunate really.

11. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

you know as well as everyone the guy made leading it was a a debunker so he went into the project looking at it as a joke. they never really investigated anything more than a glance.. the project had absolutly no chance from the get go becasue of the people that were appointed

12. Reiku Banned Banned

Ah yes, this was the reference I was looking for --- thank you.

13. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

Been a while since I've posted. Please refrain from using this tread to argue. It's purpose is for people to swap stories, not insults.

Anyone else have story to tell?

14. Carcano Valued Senior Member

I've never seen a ufo...but I used to know someone who spoke of many incredible sightings near his home in the southwest.

Several months later I asked him about it again and he had no idea what I was talking about...as if his memory of the subject had been wiped clean.

My favourite speaker on this topic is John Lear. I have no idea if his testimony is the truth...but its one hell of a story!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2Cb_GL3PKs

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  15. David C On planet earth Registered Senior Member

The thing is, quite a few people see UFOs but the problem is that they attribute the word unidentified to meaning alien.:shrug: