Anyone ever fake an injury to get out of work?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Johnny Bravo, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Johnny Bravo Registered Senior Member

Work is getting downright draining and I'm close to burnout.
    Asking for time off is out of the question.

I'm thinking about a foot sprain that would give me at least three weeks time off and get me away from a crappy project. I could call in, give the sob story, and then relax .

Any one tried it?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. apendrapew Oral defecator Registered Senior Member

I probably will some day.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Why not take a few vacation days off instead? You seem to have more of a problem acomplishing tasks at work because you don't have enough people working together to help you or that you don't have enough time to do the work assigned. You should talk to your supervisor about your problem and perhaps he/she could help you out. Good luck.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Johnny Bravo Registered Senior Member

Well, a vacation would not be possible.
    It's one of those "everyone needs to be here every day" crunch times.

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, if you think lying is the best answer to your problems....? But what of the next little problem you have? Will you lie to fix that one, too? And what of the next little problem in your life? Ahh, another little lie? How many lies will you tell in your life ....and be so proud of it that you'll tell everyone on the Internet that you did it?

Hey, I have an idea! Let's ALL lie about everything all the time ....then if we want to know the facts, we can just reverse things. Pretty good idea, huh?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

9. Satyr Banned Banned

I once punched a co-worker in the nuts and let him pound me until pieces of feces dripped down my legs and urine stained my trousers.
    I then attempted to take his testicles in my mouth but he kicked me in the mouth knocking half my teeth out.

I got a month off work.
    Good times.

10. analbeads "loosen up" Registered Senior Member

I think you should just have the "flu" for a couple of days. It is much more believable than the sprain story. Chances are they won't ask you for a doctor's note with a flu bug, but I'll bet they might with a sprain. Good luck.

11. analbeads "loosen up" Registered Senior Member

BTW, what kind of work do you do?

12. bob-bobby Born Again ;) Registered Senior Member

never did to escape work ,. use to do sometimes in school !!!

good old days

13. Johnny Bravo Registered Senior Member

ah, what the fuck..the show must go on.
    I guess i'll just burn out.

14. Larry Johnson Banned Banned

This always works for me hxxp://howtohacklife101.blogspot.com/2011/10/how-to-fake-injury.html

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I was standing on a platform once that got hit by a forklift and knocked me down. I was fine, but I milked it. I was off work for a week for a twisted knee. I was about 20 years younger.

16. Cifo Day destroys the night, Registered Senior Member

Most bosses have learned the tricks of the trade, and even if they don't figure it out, you'll look like the weakest link in the chain. Your coworkers may have a lower opinion of you. If "being sick" becomes contagious, then you'll be seen as the ringleader. And if the project fails or finishes late, everyone will blame you.

Keep a proper diet, try using multi-Vitamin B supplements, no booze or drugs (except caffeine if you need it), and get 8 hours of solid sleep.

17. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Now, I work part-time and choose the hours, going in when I feel like it. When I was working as a slave and wanted time off, I just told them I was sick. I never had a problem with that excuse. The thing was that work piled up while I was away. I don't miss those days.

18. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Hmmmmm.......in the last six years of working graveyard shift I have missed one shift for insufficient sleep, cut one shift short by two hours for the same reason, taken one requested day off to celebrate my birthday and one to facilitate travel, giving two to four weeks advance notice.

I believe in honoring my commitments made and I have no respect for those who don't show up or give fabrications as excuse when they are inclined to party or be elsewhere, leaving others to take care of their responsibilities.

Nor am I a 'germ vector', lol, going to work when ill. I have been fortunate in not catching even a sniffle in over two years, though I will work through a head cold as I work in isolation and such viruses are actively in the environment at all times anyway.

Faking injury or illness is a lack of character IMO. :bugeye:

19. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

A man of moral and ethical quality, that's has value in the labor market. :shrug: