Ants, Us, and God.

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by GRO$$, Oct 22, 2001.

1. liv4christ Registered Member

The Greater Being

I really do believe in this higher level of beings...the one that created us in his own image. The one that created me, ...you may be different (

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

), is the one and only true God that I believe in. I really don't believe that we are evolving. In the Bible God says that he gave us the world to enjoy, learn about and to grow in...that does not mean evolving to a better human kind. Thats about developing and learning new things of which God gave us access to.

If you would like to, which I strongly believe would be benifitial to understand who the God is that I believe in, check out this website. When you open it, more on the bottom left of the screen, hit the "To read Fathers Love Letter, Click here".

http://www.fathersloveletter.com/fllpreviewlarge.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rick Valued Senior Member

Re: The Greater Being

if JESUS is a truth then creation has led to evolution,otherwise whats the need for god to come inside his own creation?IF EVERYTHING WAS JUST PLANNEDLY created there wouldnt be need for any JESUS to come inside the world.isnt it?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Zion, great reply, good point of view. Hadn't thought of that.

If this god allows the human race to invent all their consuming luxury and material comfort, for what case he did so?

A lot of so called christians, pretend to be so christian and godloving by going to church once or twice every Sunday. But as soon as they are home again, the pretending is shaken off of their christian shoulders and they are the same old humans again who forget their prayers before going to bed and who beat their children if they do a thing in the 'different' direction.

Though this doesn't count for every christian godbeliever. Only the bigger part of them....

For all humans lose contact with themselves and want to live only in luxury and material comfort. They can't care less about other humans. And they don't care at all about Earth and Her Nature.

They prefer to drop their garbage everywhere they go and leave it up to humans like my 14 year old son and me to clean up the Woods after they've done messing it up again.

Guess there are a lot of other humans doing things like this because without humans cleaning up the mess in Nature, it would be very sad to be an inhabitant of the Woods...

And that so called god has created the Woods too I guess?
    He doesn't pay much attention then, does he....

Or is he sitting in his heaven, looking down at us and has a good laugh about us, ruining Earth with our destructive inventions and hateful behaviour towards one another....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

It's really quite amusing watching folks who say 'feeling is believing what is true' ripping into someone else who feels what they believe is true.

It makes our purpose in life so much easier.

8. Rick Valued Senior Member

hi Banshee,
    I am writing this considering GOD's point of view,if there is one.
    when i create a virtual world,and artificially intelligent softwares (inserting them into bodies like in robot,virtual off course) part and see them killing each other or fighting i"ll be amused.i"ll probably laugh. i"ll sit coolly and watch unless someone inside poses some kind of threat to my system,then i"ll insert a new program to fight that entity with his exceptional powers,Same was Jesus.same was for every other god that has descended on earth.maybe god's world is the real world,where anything is possible,no boundaries,no limitations.etc.

the above statements ar understatements,i agree as laughing is just another pattern of this world's rules,we dont know what set of emotions are programmed in god's world.

9. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Zion, I understand exactly what you mean, but I am so tired of this babbling about the great god almighty.

Humans are a tool in the hands of the great god almighty...

They do their dirty rotten fightings all in the name of LOVE, the love for this god, that is....

Not much love there, is there...

Life on Earth existed by the influences of the Cosmos (Universes) and the believing in gods was there from the very beginning.
    The first men like creatures feared the Thunder and Lightning which come so now and then. They were afraid the Sky was coming down and should kill them....

Later on the believing in all kind of gods existed, look at the Walhalla and the gods who lived in there, for instance. They had a god for everything, good and bad gods and one upper god.

Mankind and the humans of today seem to need a god they can hang on to, for it is a lot easier to say 'It is the will of god...' then to deal with their problems themselves.

And it is so much easier to say that someone has passed away because of that so called will of god then to look further in their short minded biblical way....

I am sorry to say so, but look at the world, all that holy wars, all in the name of god....that one and particular god which humans themselves gave some other rules how to believe in the same god...

And as far as this jezus concerns...guess he was a Psychic, for he healed humans and made food and drink for them when they were in need for it...
    It were the other humans who called him son of god, right from the start, and maybe this jezus believed it himself, for he didn't know any better in those days...

10. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

death

I've read posts on sciforums for about 2 years now I believe (I have a horrible sense of any time longer than a week.) I've read the forums both as a self proclaimed atheist and as a born again - yet very unorthodox - Christian. I will never try to convert or to validate my religion to you (even though other Christians often tell me I should). I have only a question for those of you who are atheists as well. If there were no god, no higher power and we life in a what-you-see-is-what-you-get world, then that means you have no soul (spirit, essense, whatever one would call it). And if that is true then after death you simply cease. Why life at all? Why live in a world of such hatred, pain, disease, and famine and then just stop. Seems rather depressing to me.

I post this question only because it is my observation that most atheists (myself included at one time) posted about how life would be without religion, about how the species of man could ascend with technology and become almost God like himself. Even if we achieved freedom from natural death, and lived in a world where our bodies healed 100 times faster and almost nother could kill is. The fact would still remain that if your braincells destroyed. All that you were would be gone, never to return.

If this world were all fun and lollipops then maybe I could see some advantage to living and dying (ceasing). But its not and I find it personally hard to think about this being all there is.

Just want some atheist's views of death and the here-after.

-Anton Kiriwas

11. Rick Valued Senior Member

Re: death

Hi anTonk,
    NOT AN ATHEIST.
    ==============================================
    if world were all lolipops and fun who would prefer to die?perhaps death is the ultimate trauma escape.since there is trauma there is death.death comes to our rescue,when we are in great pain(just a speculation though

bye!

12. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

AntonK,

I am an atheist because I am not depressed by the thought that being alive in the Universe is all there is to existence, because I find depressed people depressing and because I find embellishment by escapist distraction unnecessary for me to be happy.

What motivates other atheists I cannot say with certainty.

13. Rick Valued Senior Member

Hi,Mr.G

The point here is that you can sight hundreds of reasons to why you dont believe,but can you sight a single reason why one must NOT believe in gods existance?,can you disprove his existence?no.so until this non-existence is disproved i see no harm in believing in Him.
    UFOS
    =============================================
    take the ufo case.you cant prove that they dont exist ...at the same time none of the evidences have ever been able to come closer to what UFOs are really thought off to be.
    bye!.

14. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

AntonK, you miss the point completely.
    Did you really read all the posts? Including the posts at other Forums? Guess not...

We are all coming from the Cosmos. There is not one 'good' god who created Earth and this lollipop consuming race now a days. If that was the case, he did a pretty good job messing it up didn't he...

We are all 'children' of the Cosmos (Universes) and if you wil give a name to a so called power, call it:'All That Is..' because that is more likely than the existance of that one god.

Every human on this Earth is here for a reason and everybody has a Deeper Self, or Soul if you prefer.
    If not so, you were not able to feel and have thoughts.

We are on Earth to learn and we have to die because we are done with our lifetime we are living now. In what way you die doesn't matter. Your Earth bound body is built by Earth atoms and chemicals (not the artificial ones) and react always on influences from out the Cosmos.

Like the Moon influences the tides. Humans react the same way, humans exist for 65% out of water, pay good attention at your living place during the ful Moon.
    I gave this very simple example before...

Guess you read some more posts at other Forums as well.

Be very welcome at Sciforums and keep on posting, always good to have a new member with good points to discuss.

As far as the UFO's concern, even the greatest scepticals among us have to admit there is something out there, so once in a while.

Lets get back to the topic on that please...

Death is only Natural, you just go back to the Cosmos where we all are coming from. And if your death has been horrible because of a nasty disease, well, perhaps that is one of the main side affects of this overconsumed society...with all the chemical and artificial garbage which is in our drinking and food now a days.
    That is why they invented doctors, to give you more chemical and artificial garbage, at which your body gets used to, but your body is not made to take this garbage in the first place.

So what is wrong with this picture?

Humans are so overdue with the comfort of material luxury as mentioned, they don't even think about it any more, they just take it, for it is so common for every one.

Then don't whine if you have to die, just give in, nothing to be afraid of...

AntonK, do you have to say something about UFO's?
    I am curious to read what you feel or think about that subject...

15. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

Banshee,

Your view, I can accept. I am a Christian I will not hide that, but I am unconventional most definately. When I talk about a God, I never pretend to know the nature of this "God". Cosmos, God, whatever, its all language; as we all know meanings change over times so who's to say what a God really is. When I refer to "God" I simply mean a supernatural being, force, etc. I again don't know the nature of it. The notion of returning to the cosmos seems very similar to a heaven - heaven after all in most religions is defined only as the home of the maker. My question was to true atheists who believe that death is an end, not simply the end of your physical being, bt an end to all that you were and are.

If I am completely misinterpretting your views, I apologize, but I don't believe I am. Furthermore, I appreciate your response (All of you)

As for UFOs, I believe there is something there, something DEFINATELY covered up by the government. What they/it is I cannot say. I have many theories, no single one i favor really though. I would certainly love to find out. I commonly try to research (on the net) everything I can about UFOs, aliens, abductions, weird phenomenon, possible theories, etc. Would love to hear your ideas on it as well.

-AntonK

16. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

AntonK, good reply, thank you.

I go along with you as far as you say that every human is going back to where he/she is coming from. But in the christian point of view there is a hell as well. Isn't it so that the real godbelievers are convinched the so called atheists are going right down on the highway to hell?
    So not always to their heaven. There is a two way street in the bible, one for the 'good' and one for the 'bad' humans living down here on Earth...

The Cosmos contains all of us, whatever your life may have been here on Earth, which doesn't say you can come back at the homefront and live your new life happily after the former one. You have to learn to live your life in balance with other humans and Earth and Nature. If not, you will have another chance, but how, that is another case...

Back to the UFO's.

I shall give you a nice 'weird'

link you can go to on the Internet. They have a lot of items. Go take a look there.
    It is nice to read the items and you can subscribe to their newsletter, so you always know what are the new topics there. They have a messageboard as well. Think you'd like it. That is, I hope so. If not, then let me know, I have others. Even an Ufo link where they have a chatroom opened every Friday evening from 09.00 pm til midnight, but it is European time.

I shall give you both the links. Tell me what you think about it please.

www.worldofthestrange.com

www.ufoscotland.co.uk

Have fun...lot of information there.

Lets discuss it a little further please.

Let me know what you have found and if it is of any interest to you. Ok?

Have a nice day. Talk to you later...

17. esp Registered Senior Member

Re banshees earlier post

Man is a tool in the hands of the great God almighty.
    He (God) gave him (man) command of a nuclear submarine.
    And sent him off, in search of the garden of Eden

Is it not the case that what god wants, god gets?

18. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Esp, that is exactly what the godbelievers think.

All what is going on here on Earth and all the inventions, like a nuclear submarine from about the $2.000.000, is exactly what god wants, so god gets it...

Isn't that the case oh godbelievers????

And if your little child gets shot in the head, like in Ireland, that is exactly what god wants...

What god wants...god gets...

God wants to have a good laugh and wants to color himself, from out his holy heaven...

Well, what a lot of love is going on down here in this 'civilization' created by the good, loving god almighty...

Let this 'loving' god bless you all, especially in the United(????) States where they don't know who to pick up from the streets and claim to be they are terrorists.

Is this what god wants...???

I prefer to be an Ant then...in stead of a human living in this 'civilized' world...

19. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

Animals are not elusive to ants. Men are not elusive to animals. Why God is so elusive to men?

20. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Because the godbelievers are made after the likeness of their holy god himself??? (as is claimed in their bible)

21. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

I have no reason to tell someone not to believe in gods, only reason to suggest to everyone that they each may accomplish more with their lives, and even for the general good of humanity, if they commit significantly more brain cycles to rational thoughts.

Disproving the existence of the invisible and the non-existant is so much harder than actually proving that they exist.

What do you imagine my motivation must be that I should feel compelled to carry your burden of proof for you?

22. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

By the way, Avatar, Ants belong to the animals as being an Insect. All creatures, from human til Ant are belonging to Nature.

23. Rick Valued Senior Member

Agreed.