Antichrist Newsletter

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Lori, Nov 17, 1999.

1. Lori Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Lori ....

I haven't stopped laughing yet. Thank you. I needed that.

But I think you have it wrong ... This person isn't a "real" antichrist. You shouldn't let your prejudices against the antichrists show through so much. Have you read LaVey's "Nine Statements"? Now THAT is a real anti-Christ!

But seriously, I haven't stopped laughing, except for those moments of serene, humming grin.

First, I think this group poses about as much threat as Jonestown or Heaven's Gate ... they're more dangerous to themselves than to the rest of society.

Secondly ... to watch the Day of Annunciation, or whatever, on TV? Sounds like old-fashioned trailer-park religion to me.

Third, the whole thing sounds like a marketing release. Marketing is a capitalist idea. Capitalism, Weber reminds, is a philosophical descendant of Protestant Britain. Since we're looking at this group as the AntiChrist (run away! run away!), I find this foolish play on ideas slightly ironic.

Incidentally, one should be careful when labeling things with words like "Anti-Christ". It seems to me that this word, "antichrist," bears some negative connotation; is deserving of some moral judgement. If this is the case, might I point to David Koresh raping children, or Catholic priests doing the same, and say, "Oh, Gosh, look what Jesus is up to today!"

Okay, I've stopped laughing by now. But I'm still humming bemusedly. Great site, Lori. Thank you.

thx,
    Tiassa

------------------
    "Let us not launch the boat until the ground is wet." (Khaavren of Castlerock)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. 666 Registered Senior Member

Lori,

While I found the site funny as hell, I did find something rather interesting. I do this knowing full well of the risk of you calling me the "Anti-christ".

This statment goes further than religion it self.

------------------
    The Belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it
    seems to me the depest root of all evil that is in the world
    -Max Born

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Flash Registered Senior Member

Lori,
    Yes...great site... thanks!

8. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I found the comics section, but not the newsletter.

Oh, that WAS the newsletter?

Let's introduce this guy to purple kool-aid, phenobarbitol with a vodka chaser, and Nikes. What a grade-A nut!

9. Lori Registered Senior Member

Hmmm....this is interesting reading these responses. I'm psyched. Really, I know you guys think the notion is hillarious, but that's good because when the shit goes down in your face, you remember how ludicrous you thought it was. If this guy isn't him, then it's gonna be someone just like him, and basically the same story. The so-called teachings are very very parallel to new age teachings. How do you all think this organization got affiliation with the U.N.? Also, from the abductees that I've spoken with and read about, the teachings that are coming from the aliens are EXACTLY the same as the teachings on this site. EXACTLY the same. Flash, did you notice that you're the only one who doesn't think this is hilarious? I wonder why?

------------------
    God loves you and so do I!

10. Flash Registered Senior Member

Some people just think/believe differently, Lori. Kind of like some differ from your
    beliefs...that's all.

11. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Lori- This guy is one of the "only I can talk to the Mighty Master" charlatans. Although I'm not very religious anymore, at least the Apostles claimed that anybody could talk to Jesus or God. This guy is leading a cult of personality, where the central figurehead is a single person. This differs from what we conventionally think of as "normal" religion, in that "normal" religion is centered more around a set of ideals and philosophies.

Many detractors to the Christian faith have tried to classify the teachings of Jesus as a Cult of Personality, citing that all the faith centered around Jesus. In fact, what Jesus preached and taught was a code of conduct that actually helped propel civilization on its course to the present day. Although his entrances to many cities were opulent and elaborate (and staged, I believe, at the risk of drawing fire from the faithful), Jesus never said "Worship me." He never claimed to be the only one who could talk to God, and he never discouraged others to try.

Good old Benny, on the other hand, seems to be the only conduit to the "Master". Don't try it yourself, because this invisible entity only channels itself through him. The entire dogma rests solely with Benny.

I imagine that if an Anti-Christ were to show up on Earth, he'd probably be a lot sneakier than setting up a fringe cult. Past history has shown that these things either go belly-up, fizzle out, or lapse into obscurity.

The real power would lie in politics and finances. This could potentially put him or her in a position to take over the physical world, and an Anti-Christ would have all the time in the world to do it. After seizing absolute control of our material selves and property, taking our souls would be no problem. (Example: There are many people who would die for their cars sooner than they would for their friends.)

Of course, a truly resourceful Anti-Christ would send his or her minions to other arenas, such as fringe cults and organized crime, just to cover the bases.

12. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Oxygen,

I would like to take a moment to quote John 14:6, where Jesus was explaining to Thomas how to find "the way":

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

I have also previously cited passages where Jesus seemed to be demanding worship, but here's the short version (Matthew 10:37):

"He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."

That's all I have time for this morning - I'll see you all after work.

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

13. Lori Registered Senior Member

Hi Oxygen,

I'm not sure how much of the site you were able to get into, but apparently this organization is affiliated with the United Nations. That bugs me. I mean, why wasn't David Koresh or Jim Jones affiliated with the UN then, you know? What's so special about this guy? It makes me think that he's somehow "worked some magic" to convince some elite persons of something special. He also talks extensively somewhere in the site regarding an elaborate system of barter that he has designed and is ready to be put into place as soon as the demand for it is generated. In other words, as soon as our current system fails, which is foretold in the Bible. An economic collapse and other factors such as natural disasters and war or maybe even aliens landing will usher in the need for a "false saviour". Doesn't anyone think it's strange that these teachings are exactly the same info that aliens are communicating to "contacts" here on earth? I do. Something that I get confused about is that there will supposedly be a false prophet and the antichrist. So, who is who, I don't know. But I'm taking these new age teachings very seriously, because as we all have debated many times before....what could possibly be adopted as a global religion and why? How could that happen when we can't agree about anything on this planet, especially religion. That's why I think that the aliens are so integral to the master plan as well. They provide a false physical proof of the spiritual heirarchy that they teach of. Get it? They are more spiritually enlightened because they have progressed through the heirarchy to a further stage in evolution than we have. That is what they are telling people that they are here for; to help us through the progression's next phase. They are masking God's wrath and the tribulation as necessary events to intiate the planet and ourselves into a higher spiritual dimension. They're here to help us through it. They say that we need to be genetically "re-engineered" to survive the change. I think this may be the mark of the beast that is spoken of in revelations. To agree to become genetically altered by these beings in order to progress through their heirarchy, you would definately have to deny that Jesus is the Son of God, and TOTALLY ignore the entire message in the Bible regarding these events.

Searcher,

I just wanted to ask why do you think that loving the Father or the Son more than your own biological father or mother or children is wrong? This verse means something relevant to another string that I posted in yesterday, talking about how your environment and of course your parents influence your faith. This verse explains what I was trying to say about at some point in all of our lives it's up to us to take a look around this world and figure things out for ourselves. Remember one of the commandments is to honor thy mother and father. It's not that God doesn't want you to love and honor your parents, or anyone else for that matter, it's just that your relationship and love for God should remain the most important thing to everyone regardless of what other people say or think. Your relationship with Jesus can't even be compared to a relationship with a person. It's something totally different, and has a different purpose. Nothing should get in the way of that, even your family.

------------------

14. truestory Registered Senior Member

Lori,

I think this cream-puff guy says that there is a master teacher (my-tray-uh) and a master prophet, who he names Jesus.

Given your hypothesis, I'd venture to say that my-tray-uh is the anti-christ and that the one named Jesus, by mr. cream-puff, is the false prophet... Just a hunch.

My tray, uh, by the way, is full of cookies!

15. Lori Registered Senior Member

Ah, I see. Cream-puff; that's pretty funny. That could be about the master Jesus, but there are also a whole host of other minor masters that he talks of aren't there? On one page of that site, it describes the "ray structure" or whatever of different people throughout history, and Jesus was ranked right up there with Martin Luther King Jr. and Beethoven?????? Maybe not even ranked as high as they are. It definately implies everywhere in the site that this master Jesus is nothing special, so I'm not sure if he will be the prophet. I'm kind of guessing at this point that the antichrist will be someone in the governmental sector as opposed to the religious sector, but will promote the false prophet. But this is of course speculation. I'm sure it won't be long before things become very clear for all of us. BTW, this is the site that got me looking into aliens and abductions. The way Maitreya talks of the spiritual heirarchy and his space brothers and avatars or whatever he calls them got me interested. Come to find out, the abductees I've talked with and read testimony from, are being taught the exact same things by the aliens. Hmmmm....what a coincedence. NOT!

------------------

16. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Lori-I looked on the site, but had difficulty finding references to the UN. Could you tell me where they are, please?

17. Lori Registered Senior Member

18. 666 Registered Senior Member

Lori,

Wow!! I get sick of reading head lines I don't even look at them any more. No wonder I missed it. To answer your question on he can be linked with the UN, well it is a very long story. Look for my answer in the conspiraceies group. Comming soon to fourm near you.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

------------------
    The Belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it
    seems to me the depest root of all evil that is in the world
    -Max Born

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited November 19, 1999).]

19. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Lori-thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I looked and found this disclaimer:

The magazine may be associated with the UN, but apparently Benny isn't.

20. Searcher Registered Senior Member

21. ilgwamh Fallen Angel Registered Senior Member

I skimmed that. After the first two paragraphs I couldn't continue to read the entire thing. So this guy claims to be the anti-christ? So much for the theory that the anti christ will be an alien offering world peace...

He is a putz! And a putz gets the "dreaded thumbs down."

Vinnie

Praise Jesus!!!

22. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Searcher- I read that link. I thought Aleister Crowley spent much of his time stoned. Not exactly a reliable source for moral guidance, eh?

When I got to the Sixth Invocation I had to pause. "Tannhauser by Aleister Crowley"? Uh, I thought Richard Wagner did Tannhauser. I know he did the opera, but Crowley is way out of his league here.

With an original print date of 1946 on this document, I can only surmise that these are the disillusioned ramblings of an individual traumatized by the war.

Fun reading though, and the "spells" are wonderful poetry.