Anti-Semitism. Why?

Discussion in 'History' started by Laser Eyes, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Undecided Banned Banned

Semitic is not a racial qualification it is a linguistic one...wikipedia is incorrect.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

By "We people resent the presence of other people who believe that they are superior to us" I meant that: as a Red Sox fan I resented Yankee fans, as an employee I resented bosses who acted like they were superior to me, If I was a black child I would resent a white school teacher who did not expect me to be able to perform as well as white classmates, and so on and so on. As a general principle I suggest that humans resent people who act or believe that they are superior.

Still, I do think that many Jews believe they are superior. Any Jew who believes that Jews are the chosen people most likely believes that Jews are superior in the eyes of God, which are the only eyes that really matter (aside from your wife's eyes) .

Sometimes I think God may be a comedian. Perhaps the Jews are the chosen people; but chosen for what? God may have chosen the Jews while knowing that the Jews would be whoever chooses to believe they are a Jew. If anybody is descended from Isaac then almost everybody on earth is descended from Isaac because that's the way the mathematics of genealogy and human behavior works out.

The people who are in all probability most descended from Isaac are the Palestinians; but they would rather talk about Ishmael's rights to Israel than claim their descent from Isaac. What a joker God is. (Abraham moved from Iraq to Israel; studying my ancestors I learn that moves like Abraham's are normal. 2 to the (3000 years divided by 25 (years in a generation) ) power divided by six billion (people on earth) = the number of ways ( cousins make children together, we are all cousins) the average person on earth is descended from the average person who lived on earth three thousand years ago. The number that results from the above equation exceeds one trillion multiplied by a trillion. So I am descended from Isaac and Israel is mine.

But I digress, back to the point:

Any time somebody wants to keep marriages within the group, I tend to think the group thinks they are superior. Perhaps they just want to protect the children from the hardship of mixed culture marriages. Why should anybody resist assimilation if they do not believe that the sub-group is superior?

You can find more quotes like Undecided's quotes that make it clear that some Jews really do think they are superior.

So many Jews have been so creative and achieved so much that I can make a case that Jews really are superior. When raising children teaching them that they are superior may result in higher achievement, but the world needs loving sweetness as much as it needs high intellectual and creative achievement.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Undecided Banned Banned

They are the chosen people because they were supposed to spread teh Gospel now they have abandoned god and adopted the golden calf that is Zionism, they will pay for that it says so in the Bible.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Laser Eyes Registered Senior Member

That sounds like a reasonable way of thinking. However it may interest you to know that the Christian New Testament also teaches that a Christian should only marry other Christians. Consider this scripture:

"A wife is bound by law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is at liberty to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord." - 1 Corinthians 7:39

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004
  8. duendy Registered Senior Member

i see it like this.......groups of people who create stories about themselves which cuts them off from others
    Yes, the Jews HAVe done this with their 'chosen people' story, and some other groups go "oh, look at THEM what THEy do", whilst conveniently ignoring what they have done, or what their fathers have done in the past to make out they are the 'chosen ones. for example the Christian faith is really a 'Jesus' character claiming ony through him can one reach redemption, etc. same old same old. Islam same, Buddhism same. just groups that crea te boundaries round themselves

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Jews create resentment sometimes when they refuse to assimilate into the dominant culture, creating their own economy of special foods and religious accessories. Path is right, it's a kind of illogical xenophobia. If a Jew or anyone else didn't think that their way of life was better or preferable, they wouldn't persue it. Jews have also had a long history of creating their own niche in the various societies they inhabited that necessarily benefited the larger population, which shows a high degree of diplomatic skill. Unfortunately, when the economy goes south, they become the scapegoat.

10. mathman Valued Senior Member

The Jews of Germany were among the most assimilated in the world. That didn't help much when the Nazi came to power with the support of the majority of Germans.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yes, assimilated, but not completely, they still spoke Yiddish, for instance.

12. Undecided Banned Banned

No the French Jews were probably the most assimilated, and the Jews of the Prussian,Polish areas were completely seperated.

13. robtex Registered Senior Member

my gf is jewish and she articulate the same response as spidergoat did. She was telling me a few months back that prior to Hitler's rise to power that the Jews had their own little sections of town and spoke a dilect diffenent than the other local germans. Even in my town (austin tx) a lot of them keep to themselves or with their own kind. I have 6 jewish friends and out of them 2 are loners and four have more jewish friends than non jewish friends. Their knowledge of religious history as a group is facisinating. Every single one of them have a deep understanding of many religions.....being bookworms might help isolate them more......

14. mathman Valued Senior Member

To spidergoat. The Jews of Germany did not use Yiddish. They looked down upon it. Yiddish was the primary language of the Jews of eastern Europe, particularly Poland and Soviet Union.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Depends when you're talking about, since it is based on German. It was more a symptom of isolation than a cause.

16. mathman Valued Senior Member

I am refereing to 19th and 20th century Germany. It was a different (?) story in the time of the crusades, when the Jews of Germany were subject to progrom like slaughter resulting from the religious zeal of the time. Modern German anti-Jewishness was more of a "racial" thing.

17. Undecided Banned Banned

Modern German anti-Jewishness was more of a "racial" thing.

Yes Hitler believed that Jews were a race (which they are not) and that they were infesting the Aryan population with their "blood".

18. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

I would add to the History of the Jews that at the time of the spread of Christianity, a need evolved. Around the 10th century there was much growth in the European cities. For Growth to happen meant that there must be a source of capital.

Christians at that time were not allowed to charge interest (usury) on money loaned to others. European leaders invited wealthy Jewish businessmen to come to Europe to provide a capital investment source so that there could be new buildings built. new stores ,new farms ect.

Since those days every time a crisis (famine) ect occurred, the Jews were blamed, mostly because the european nobles wanted to save their own arses from angry mobs.

So it has continued to the present day.

The German hatred of Jews began with the writings of Martin Luther but this is a topic unto itself.
    http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/luther-jews.html

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  19. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

I suspect that the Jews were a readily available distraction or scapegoat. They were a recognizable sub-culture in many countries. Religious and political leaders often need to direct attention away from their own activities and failings.

The Jews were readily available as a distraction. They had little or no power, making them safe targets. They were easily identifiable. They were local. It is always better to have a local [powerless scapegoat or distraction. If you get people too worked up over another country, there might be uncomfortable consequences.

I often wondered if Hitler really hated the Jews or dispassionately viewed the fomenting of hatred toward them as a way to unify and motivate the German population.

Off the subject: The German culture of WW2 & prior eras was fascinating. There was a movie about WW2 with an awesome scene. A group of young German soldiers sang and stamped their feet in time with the rhythm, as a way of expressing their devotion to Germany. The mood of the music and the sound of the words made me want to root for them to win the battles yet to come, even though I viewed Germany as the evil enemy. The words were German which I do not understand, but there was an inspiring flavor to the sounds, which I think might be unique to the German language.

I have seen newsreels showing Adolf Hitler making speeches. There is something recognizably charismatic and inspiring about the sound of his speeches. If I did not know who he was and what he was advocating, his speeches would inspire some type of admiration for him and his causes. The feeling was there in the total absence of semantic content for me, who cannot speak or understand German.

20. geistkiesel Valued Senior Member

Sieg Heil, Dinosaur, you'd have been one of them. even now you say you would be inspired. What is wrong with taking up arms aganist a sea of troubles, and by opposing end them? Hitler played to an audience that was crippled by war, economics and just plain shitty life. Jews were handy, available. Yes, Virginia there are some very evil people lurking about.

Let me give a hypothetical situation that may throw some light on the subject in general. Let us assume that the blacks, anglos and hispanics in Texas were existing in a general state of perpetual violence and that in order to separate the violence in that state the United Nations decided to partition Texas into three geograohucally equivalent regions. To make it interesting the blacks got San Antonio, which as everyone knows is where the Alamo is located ,and don't you forget it. Further , lets assume the blacks and huspanics agreed to the partition, but whitey didn't, (or vice versus). From the get go there was a marked state of war between the parties with blacks and hispanics more or less in agreement, and whitey had the general support of the US Government who continually propagandized all black and hispanic activithy as "terroristic agressive warfare" and that whitey, poor whitey, was the innocent victim. With the help uf the US Governemnt whitey basically prevailed in the ensuing war and "liberated " San Antonio.

When did the Palestinians become our enemy? And when did Isreal become our preferred friends?

With the rest of the world watching, blacks and hispanics mostly, what do you think the feeling towards whitey would be, at least Texas whitey? I say hatred, anger and violence that exceeded by many orders of magnitude the violence in pre-partition in Palestine.

We in this country had better pull our head out of our ass and take a look at a billion and a half of the Muslim world wanting to skewer us all. 911 was a wake up call ,but everybody just pushed the snooze button and went back to sleep.They attacked NY and Washington D.C. because we were too perfect. Check the Bush speech to Congress in October after 911. Its all ion the Internet.

For some simple trivia, why did David Bowie, write, sing and publish the song :"I'm afraid of Americans". After Waco ,A German friend of mine responded to a question from me what Europeans thought of Waco. His reply was, "America? we couldn't believe it, this is happening in America?"

This being a History forum, maybe there is some experts that can ask a simple question regarding some missing persons. After WWII where did the the bulk of the buraucracy of the Geheime Stadts Polezei (AKA Gestapo) go?

"Sie haben das gelleschaft nach Alexandria, Virginia verlecht. Nicht var?"

for some fractured German. Let us count, yes, 60 years to develop and perfect a tried and proven organization, of some note, with the aid and assistance of experts.

The families accompanying the cadre were more than likely educated appropriately:

"Muttis, lassen ihre kinder aufwachen um cowboys zu werden".

Geiskiesel

21. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Geiskiesel: Right now, I am not in the mood to argue about the the issues you are raising. Perhaps another time or perhaps in another thread.

I would like to go on record as stating that Nazi Germany was one of the most evil societies in history. While I sympathize with the situation created by the WW1 treaty imposed on them, I never felt it justified the actions they took. My reaction to speeches by Hitler and German patriotic songs was at odds with my opinion of the Nazi society.

I wonder if you read my post carefully or merely scanned it.

You seem to be pro-Islamic and anti-American. I wonder why

22. John_angry Banned Banned

apart from the killing of the jews and the evil side to Hitler he was in my opinion one of the greatest leaders ever.

23. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

Dear God,

Please save us from your crazy religions. But don't save all of us - only the best. There are too many fucking people as it is, and most of them are useless. A little wave of death might be a good thing. And then you can put up another rainbow.