Anthropologists & Archaeologists

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by SkinWalker, Jan 28, 2004.

1. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

To all those that are Anthropology / Archaeology majors or enthusiasts (or researchers for that matter).

I'm just curious who here at sciforums fits that description. I see those that are interested in the hard sciences (physics, chemstry, biology, etc.), but I'm curious about the others.

If you fit the title description, what are your interests? Culture/ethnography? Classic archaeology? Mesoamerican? Prehistoric cultures and arch.? Modern cultures?

What sort of work or study have you engaged in to date? What would you like to do in the future?

I'm an Anth. major (junior) at the University of Texas and my interests flip back and forth between ethnography and archaeology, but I plan to specialize in archaeology.

I'm inquiring about this here because this looks like one of the least active forums and if there's anyone interested I'd like to start posting some archeological newsbits or news of recent ethnographic studies for discussion.

vRob recently sparked my interest in some Egyptian archaeology and raised some interesting questions about the dating of the Sphinx (2nd Dynasty or the more conventionally accepted 4th?) as well as the importance of the absence of hieroglyphics in the pyramids themselves. That might make for a good topic here.... (another thread, though).