Another shooting

Discussion in 'World Events' started by James R, Oct 8, 2007.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Actually we had a lot of stuff at home, he just stole what was easily accessible. Also, its not common for thieves to graduate to murder in India. If we had woken up and reached for our guns, how would that have improved the situation?

As for the other guy, none of the security shot back at him. It happened in Saudi Arabia and they threatened to call his father, so he gave up his gun and went with them.

How would my having a gun make me safer in either situation?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

They still begin as legal guns.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

She always has stupid comparisons, I already mentioned that. It's to throw off that she has no fuking argument.

Shit they broke into the wrong house if all they got was Brass doorknobs LMAO.....

I agree Mike if someone breaks into my house, they are on my territory now.
    If they had a weapon or something, I mean I wouldn't risk my life or my families life over a plasma Tv, just take it. But if they put anybody in harm I would use WHATEVER force I had too. Baseball bat, knife whatever "IF" I had a gun I would not hesitate to use it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Exactly.

8. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Exactly what?

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You just made my point.

10. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Point of what.......I would defend myself by whatever means. Would it matter if I shot them versus stabbed them to death or beat them to death with a baseball bat?

11. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

blah bleblah bleblahblefuckinblah

Listen Sam - You like a world where if anyone does something wrong as a result of a Privilege or freedom they had(such as driving - don't kid yourself someday we won't be driving, the safety police never stop), then EVERYONE loses the right or freedom? That is shit pure and simple.

People NEVER were allowed to have nuclear weapons, that is a shit example. Maybe dynamite would be a good example to fight with.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I can show you the words, but you have to do your own thinking.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hmm so its the people who got themselves nuclear weapons who made the rules about MAD, right? If it works, everyone should have one, if it does not, no one should.

But like guns, only the ones who have them think they have a right to it.

After all, everyone has nuclear weapons (even thousands of them, like a nice gun collection) only for defensive reasons.

14. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I suppose it would be close to an equivalent argument if there was an open nevada desert where just about everyone(even spurious monkey) could test fire nuclear weapons.

anyways, if it were my agenda to get rid of guns. I would focus my efforts on destroying the industry that makes it possible for everyone to have them. Focus on one world government, setting up totalitarian states, rushing a women's freemason's auxillary or something....not really sure just how one achieves world peace.

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

alright!!! a nuke!

I would rather test some kind of biological weapon though of my own design.

would that be possible? kind of need human guinea pigs...

16. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Shorty,
    I think she was trying to say that since you said "IF, I owned a gun..." which means you don't own a gun. She may have been trying to prove a point, solely on the fact that you dont' have a gun.

That's a pretty subjective statement.
    If they 'began' as legal guns in another country (which is supposed to have better gun control laws than the U.S.), but they aren't legal here in the U.S., then they should have never made it to the U.S. to begin with.
    If they made it to the U.S. illegally, then no amount of gun control is going to keep them from coming in.

17. iceaura Valued Senior Member

But we are. Unless you are confining your disapproval of "guns" to aesthetic judgment.

You seem to fear your neighbors more than you fear your government, and more than you fear home invaders, for some reason. The other possibility is a kind of odd obsession with guns as magical and occult entities.
    You have been arguing with more than one person here who does not have a gun and nevertheless thinks they have a right to own one.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No we are not, I'm merely arguing on the purpose of a gun with (Q) (who has yet to state his stance, btw, yoohoo)
    I would not move into a neighborhood where everyone was armed.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  19. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I'd suggest staying out of rural, and suburban(for that matter) neighborhoods in the South, then.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I suppose you missed my earlier posts on my adventures with the South.

21. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I did. And there's nothing wrong with the South. It's unfortunate that you had a bad experience here. But if you're basing the whole South on your one experience, then you are stereotyping (but then again, you seem to be pretty good at that).

Most all of my family members have at least one firearm in their house. None of them has ever shot anybody. But I guess they're automatically potential murderers just for the sheer fact that they own a gun?

How about YOU go get paranoid elsewhere?

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

The primary "purpose" of a gun is to ignite the ass end of a bullet and guide its direction. That's it.

The direction in which the gun is pointed has nothing to do with it's primary purpose.

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I have a direction in mind right now