another reason why the Christian bible is false

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Feb 16, 2006.

1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Thanks, but so far I've not seen a single religion that offers anything of value. They all condone violence and preach ignorance.

That is a crock. Many have searched their whole lives and found nothing. What makes you so special?

The prisons are full of god-fearing Christians, many who have commited the most heinous of crimes. The system is seriously flawed.They will simply repent their sins and join you in heaven - won't that make for pleasant company?

Yes, I have read carefully your every word. Much of what you believe is too fantastic to comprehend, it truly boggles the mind.

Then there is nothing to worry about, I can go on living the life I live not wasting my time with religion and get into heaven, if it does in fact exist.

And I'm not surprised that you wouldn't find that scenario utterly dispicable, as most theists could care less how much violence people do while they're alive, as long as they repent in the end and believe in a god, they're set in heaven.

Of course, to the rational mind, it is putridly unfathomable.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RickyH Valued Senior Member

Are you sure of this?

perhaps they where asking the wrong questions? I never claimed to know the answer. So nothing makes me so special.

Just because you repent does not mean you are automatically in heaven. But it sure does help.

It appears so.

Alright. But that is a bad outlook on it. Have you read the bible?

I perhaps should have made this clear. You are forgiven for your sins. But in no way does it mean you will not go to hell.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Dude I asked him/her a question. Don't try to be smart. And this isn't an English class, so I don't need to sort my syntax out.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Yup.

You're quite special if you have some sort of pipeline to a god. No one else does. No one has ever received an answer from a god, if they claim they did, they are lying.

So, what exactly are the guidelines for getting into heaven?

So, living a good life never doing harm to anyone is a bad outlook? Yes, I've read the bible, it is only just slightly less believable than two other books I've read; Grimms and Aesop.

How can you possibly know that?

8. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Ricky thinks it's in the Bible.

9. RickyH Valued Senior Member

Your views are very altered on the Church by the people in the Church then.

When did I say I have a pipeline to God, or did you assume I did? When did i claim to know the answer?

You would know if you actually read the Bible.

That's not what I meant. I meant it's not the way to view it. Not that that what you are looking at is a bad outlook.

How can you know that it's not?

10. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

My views on religion are based on evidence.

You didn't say that, but I assumed you did if you asked me to ask your god a question. Does he answer you?

Sorry, that information is not available, please point it out.

A bad outlook on life would happen if I were to take up a religion, since my priorities would shift to the afterlife.

Haha, cute. I could say the same thing about the invisible pink dragon living in your attic. How do you know he's not there?

11. RickyH Valued Senior Member

Alright, I'll believe you. Although I've never heard of any church supporting violence.

No, he doesn't answer me. But, then again he may be answering me in ways I am not looking for.

It's throughout the whole entire Bible. I think you must have an really odd thought process, or something of that sort. To point out the guidles in the bible would take so much writing, but read proverbs for a start.

I did not say a bad outlook on life. I said a bad outlook on how god views this. You're very confused or your head must be clouded.

My house has been dragon free since the middle ages.

12. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Are you truly serious? Setting aside the fact that (Q) is talking about most (all?) religions, not just Christianity, does the little issue of the Crusades mean nothing to you? The Knights Templar? Ricky, you badly need an education.

13. RickyH Valued Senior Member

I'm speaking of churches in present time. Not Catholic churches of a past time.

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Read the bible. It is chock full of violence, condoned by your god.

Or, there are no answers because there is no god. And you expected me to ask your god questions???

Ok, Ill start there and get back to you.

Why should I care what your god thinks of my outlook?

He's invisible, but he is most certainly there. I believe it, and thats proof enough.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. RickyH Valued Senior Member

This no longer seems reasonable for me to respond to. I'm sorry, but this has simply turned into wanting to argue religion. I suggest you actually read the bible. I don't think you have done so. I am most certain of this actually. If you have read the bible you would not be asking such questions. But regardless you're an intelligent person, so I feel if nothing else you would read the bible for some of its stories.

16. RickyH Valued Senior Member

Except of course the violence condoned by God, I will admit there is some of that.

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You may be certain, but you are wrong.

I'm asking those questions because every theist has a different answer to the same questions about their faith, as do you.

Have you forgotten the title to this thread? Yes, we ARE arguing about religion.

Correction, there is a lot of that, not just some.

And now that you admit that your god condones violence, how can you possibly continue to worship him?

I don't condone violence, so your god is beneath me when it comes to moral values.

18. RickyH Valued Senior Member

Alright, well my answers are limited due to the fact i'm still learning.
    Not in a sense, I feel you want to argue with me because i support God.

Read more into the violence though. It's some what just.

[/QUOTE]
    I don't condone violence, so your god is beneath me when it comes to moral values.[/QUOTE]

It's purely speculation.

19. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

What is there to learn?

You support your version of a god. There are many gods according to the thousands of religions out there.

Absolutely everything you say about your god is pure speculation. I argue from a stance firmly rooted in reality.

20. RickyH Valued Senior Member

There is alot of things to learn. That is a bad attitute to have about religion. I even study hinduism, even though it was based off of a drug trip.

True very true. But from my point of view you arn't arguing from a strong point of reality with dragons.

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Bad attitude? Hardly. Religion has and continues to be the cause of many problems in the world. What have we learned so far?

I'm only trying to relate to you on your level, that of believing in that which has never been shown to exist.

22. RickyH Valued Senior Member

Well, let me begin by saying this. Why are you discriminating something you don't know enough about?

Enough to base most American, and English laws off of Christianity.

Well, I suppose that makes some level of sense. But isn't that the point of faith? What's the point of debunking someones religious crutch?

23. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

Don't athletes realize that when they pray to win, they're also praying for others to lose?