Another poll on attitudes to rape

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by James R, Jul 6, 2008.

?

Please mark all statements below that you DO NOT agree with.

1. You are a rapist if you get a girl drunk and have sex with her.

35.3%
  2. If you are BOTH drunk you may still be a rapist.

35.3%
  3. If she's sleeping and you have sex with her you're a rapist.

23.5%
  4. If she's unconscious and you have sex with her then you're a rapist.

29.4%
  5. If she is incapacitated in any way and unable to say 'Yes' then you're a rapist.

23.5%
  6. If you drug her and have sex with her then you're a rapist.

29.4%
  7. If you don't ask permission and she says neither 'Yes' or 'No' then you could be a rapist.

35.3%
  8. Because you manage to ply an eventual 'yes' from a weary victim doesn't mean it's not rape.

29.4%
  9. If you say, "If you loved me you’d do X" then you're a rapist.

41.2%
  10. If you threaten her, or act in a way that SHE thinks you're threatening her then you're a rapist.

23.5%
  11. You are a rapist if you don't immediately get your hands off of her when she says 'no'.

17.6%
  12. If you're having sex and she says 'No' at ANY point and you don't stop then you're a rapist.

29.4%
  13. If she picked you up and decides that she doesn't WANT sex and you continue then you're a rapist.

23.5%
  14. If she changes her mind at ANY point and you don't immediately stop then you're a rapist

23.5%
  15. If you're a friend of hers you can still be a rapist.

23.5%
  16. If you're her husband you can still be a rapist.

23.5%
  17. If she says no even though you've had sex 100 times before and you have sex, you're a rapist.

23.5%
  18. Buying her dinner does not entitle you to sex.

23.5%
  19. Spending any amount of money on her does not, ever, entitle you to sex.

11.8%
  20. If she has had lots of men, but says no to you and you go ahead, you're a rapist

23.5%
  21. If she's a prostitute and she says "No" then you're a rapist.

29.4%
  22. If she's wearing a thong and pasties you still have no right to rape her.

17.6%
  23. If you choose to remain friends with a man who raped a woman you are encouraging rape.

41.2%
  24. If she's a prostitute and she says "No" then you're a rapist.

29.4%
  25. Women do not owe men sex.

23.5%
  26. I agree with all of the above statements (i.e. have marked none of them)

17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

lmfao. His hair, glasses and moustache make his face odd, or should we say 'interesting'. He has a large nose, to help balance this out he should pull his hair back so we can see his forehead (as well as his ears) or he could just get his hair cut short. A beard would also even things out abit, draw attention away from his nose as well as cover the fat under his chin and also hide his bad skin.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gustav Banned Banned

not profiling
    just trolling
    cos you are being sloppy with semantics

for instance...

Did it ever occur to you that I'm the one saying men should conduct themselves better, and that women shouldn't have to live in fear of every man they come across? (tiassa)

the logical correlation is that men behave like assholes and as a consequence of this, women should live in fear

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

if it aint still clear... if one "should", then one is "not"

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Now you are getting to see the fascist liberals in action.

They do this fairly often.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gustav Banned Banned

shut the fuck up
    sci demands you collect your thoughts and present it in an orderly manner

8. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

No....You aren't wrong.

To me rape is when a man pushes himself/attacks a woman who clearly does not want to have sex with him and forces her to.

Examples:

A man grabs a woman out jogging at night, pulls her into the bushes and has sex with her.

A man breaks into a house, holds a woman at knifepoint and has sex with her.

A man puts drugs in a womans drink at a bar, persuades her to go with him and has sex with her out in the parkinglot without her consent.

Even a husband and wife. The husband wants to have sex but the woman clearly is saying NO and means it. The husband thinks well you are my wife and you will have sex with me. He starts ripping her clothes off while she is yelling at him to stop but he doesn't. That is rape.

A young guy ends up in prison. He goes to take a shower and 3 guys jump him.
    Two guys hold him down while another one has anal sex with him. That is rape.

But this hokey pokey shit on that list like..........

If your husband nags you to have sex, and wears you down till you say yes, it's rape...

No it's Bullshit!! and all the other stupid things on the list along the same lines.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

god dont you get BORED????????????

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

I think he would be a good actor.

peace.

11. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

I've done that plenty of times, but it doesn't matter to the fascists. They will simply just make up strawmen or other fallicies to attack you with.

12. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

This is fuckin unbelievable. The only reason I even started it was because Tiassa suggested so. The only possibly rational excuse I can see is that I let people drift off topic. The ironic thing is, I hit submit on a post that said "get back on topic" just as the thread disappeared. I really never believed it would go to this extreme. How naive. I spent a lot of time formulating the OP, too. Of course, "a lot" is relative. But WTF? You would think a PM would be in order, at least. I mean we were already up to 20+ posts when the thread vanished.

Maybe they are consolidating the threads? If so, my humble apoligies to the mods...

13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Yeah thats what I was saying, if you physicaly force them to have sex, because I dont see how manipulating them into having sex is rape as its not forced.

peace.

14. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

I <3 ya shorty.

15. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

I've had threads of mine in the past locked, then gone through and edited to the point of distorting everything previously said, then unlocked and attacked for the 'new' things said...

16. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Nah not bored, it's not like just continous banging away in the same position for hours on end, it will go all over the house in as many diff positions as we can think of, we play lots of games and mke it interesting, I get tired before I get bored.

peace.

17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(Insert title here)

Not the ones I know, but according to the precaution theorists, if you're not, you're being stupid.

I agree. It's a poison idea.

• • •​

And what is the basis of precaution? As at least one of our neighbors reminds, scratching names off the list—"No, he wouldn't rape me"—is a risky venture.

That's one of the problems presented by open-ended precaution theories: the status of every man as a potential rapist is a prerequisite.

It's part of several threads currently being considered for megathread consolidation. It's not magic, Randwolf. And it's not all that interesting, either. Cleaning up after this crew isn't exactly Sisyphan damnation, but it sure as hell isn't interesting, either.

Like your precious, precious thread. You know, the one received so poorly that you and Reiku had the only two relevant posts out of ... however many there were?

Calm thyself.

18. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

What are you talking about bored?
    You just said you and PB are fast asleep while having sex with eachother. You are so fucking bored you are sleeping.

LOL

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat - Response

Mod Hat — Response

Quit your goddamn bawling. Your precious topic is under review for potential consolidation. And here I was considering whether or not to strike a shitload of posts so that your topic could continue to stand on its own despite its ludicrous topic post. But you're just too cynical for that.

In the meantime, we of Sciforums humbly beg your kindest pardon for not being here to serve your every need every second of the goddamn day.

Get the hell over yourself.

20. Gustav Banned Banned

perhaps you like to enlighten me on your problem with my contrib in that thread?

21. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

If you don't take precautions, you are stupid. Let me ask you again, Tiassa:
    Do you advocate that people don't take precautions?

You always refuse to answer this.

Let me spell this out for you. Every man is a potential rapist. So is every woman.

So what? Take it in context, Tiassa. "Potential", right?

Thanks. We don't all have passes to Olympus.

No shit. I swore I was not going to let this place get to me tonight. I lied. Keep pushing that f**kin rock up the hill.

I don't even know where to begin here. The "poorly" received thread was your idea!!! I cited your inspiring post at the beginning. It was opened in "honestly", with a minimum of sarcasm. My God, if this isn't the epitomy of idiocy. Do you think that I started that thread for some disenguous reason? Wait, of course you do. Even if it was your idea! I can not believe I was stupid enough to fall for your BS in good faith. Never again, Tiassa.

As long as you're secure in your selfrighteousness, I am calm. Thanks again, good neighbor.

22. Reiku Banned Banned

Obviously not as bored a you seemed to be...

23. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Tiassa, are you denying that this topic was your idea? Are you really? Or was I just stupid enough to believe you were being honest when you suggested it?