Another Israeli rampage

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Brian Foley, May 18, 2007.

1. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

The West had no right to give away Arab land to foreign colonizers in the first place. This is exactly how the US and Australia erased their native populations.

The genocide which established the nation of Israel through violence and terror. The results of which are the emigration of half of the Palestinians from their homes, destruction or occupation of their homes by Jewish settlers, and the massacre of many (Deir Yassin, East Jerusalem, and the Bedouin villages) and the rest resolved to live under fear of attack by Jewish settlers, military on what remains of their land.

The Israeli establishment (Israeli government, Pro-Israel lobby, and influential Zionists like Paul Wolfowitz) did make the case for war against Iraq strongly, as they are doing now with Iran.

Diplomatic and Political Pressure. Such as from AIPAC and Bnai Brith in Washington.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

what made it arab land? there were many minorities in israel at the time, during the 19th century. it wasnt their land as well?

the rarbs started the violence and terror back in the 1920 of the 20th century
    and throughout the rest of the century. the occupation you are talking about is from 67, not 48, which is the year israel was established. the arabs aim was to drive us to the sea, so they lost, we won, and they hate us for that.

is speaking in slogans is a common thing? it wasnt even in our best interests to have a war in our backyard, and you have still failed to show how this was part of the US decision to go to war. the world only superpower will go to war for a small country? you have to be very stupid to believe that.

again slogans. explain to me exactly what pressure are we speaking here, or just concede that point.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. funkstar ratsknuf Valued Senior Member

You really think that matters? Jesus, you're a heartless bastard...
    Ban request. Fucking troll.
    Yeah, of course, because that's exactly how sanctions work. Just like the sanctions on Iraq in the 1990's were actually a protest against Tibet. And the placing of Hamas on the European Union's terrorist organization list actually refers to Likud. And if I were to comment on Ahmadinejad and Iran's nuclear programme, what I actually mean is that there's a bargain on hummus down the Asda.

In that logic, sure, Israel is to blame for woes in the Middle East. Fortunately, that has nothing to do with the real world.

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

And how the apartheid islamic world erased their native religious minorities. Manichaeans, Jews, Zoroastrians, Hindus.

As for the land, I think it's really the Ottomans you need to talk to, since they sold the land to Jewish immigrants in the first place. Now, if Jewish people weren't legally allowed to own land under dhimmitude or whatever - as is the case in Jordan and the rest of the apartheid states of the Middle East - then that probably should have been made clear from the get-go. Anyway, you make your position quite clear in talking about "Arab land": where the foot of Arabia sets, it must not be lifted. Not so?

The latter situation is very, very regrettable, but not really the Israelis' fault, except in that they were allowed to breathe and so forth. Jewish immigrants did their best to live in peace with their Arab neighbours, yet - as we've seen previously, and as DH refuses to acknowledge - Jewish communities in the ME have been the targets of violence for centuries. This violence - made permissable by the exploitation of religious minorities under dhimmitude - carried over into the 20th century, with the notable exception that the recent migrants refused to knuckle under as they were told. Raids continued right up until the 1948 war, where the Israelis amazingly held off forces with vastly superior numbers and weapons and won their right to hold that land. In fact, by doing so they exemplified the islamic ideal: does not Allah hate those who break treaties (Sura 9)? Does he not command war against those who break them with believers?

Possibly. What do you expect, when their neighbours commit themselves annually to their destruction, or when Iraq pays out thousands of dollars to the families of shaheed so as to encourage more islamic suicide bombings?

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Regrets to say, Sam: genetics indicates no differentiation between Jewish people and Palestinians. Nor, I understand, has anyone actually typed ancestral remains to see whether either group is related to the inhabitants of the region 3000 years ago.

Your argument here is invalid.

9. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Yes, it's called collective punishment. Arabs are much better guerilla fighters. So instead of finding those responsible Israel will punish everyone around them.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Are you saying Palestinians are Arabs? Or that Jews are not the original inhabitants of Israel?

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah and guerrilla fighting does not require a large military, only a few very determined men. Occupation and oppression takes care of the determination.

12. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

you are saying they are not? if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck, its a duck.

13. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

muslims in the muslim world are kept oppressed deliberately, so it will be easy to control them. thats contradicts you hypothesis.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Then, since genetically there is no differentiation between Palestinians and Israelis, does that mean Israelis are Arabs?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You mean they have walls, restricted access to food and water, tanks and bulldozers running over them, their homes, orchards, snipers shooting their children, settlers taking over their land, soldiers imprisoning and torturing their children?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Ganymede

And as I see it the Hamas fighters are causing the deaths of their own people for propaganda, they carry out their operations in and among the civilians, and invite retaliation from the Israelis, and then cry atrocity, well in the Geneva Convention it is Hamas and Fatah who hold the responsibility to not endanger civilians by their operations.

I also think that the Palestinians would be better off making peace with the Israelis, and kick the rest of the Arabs in the ass for how the Arabs have treated the Palestinians since 1948, the Arabs have not let them settle in their lands, have never offered them citizenship in their countries, even though most Palestinians have been born outside of the mandate, and in the end it was the Arabs that Killed the State of Palestine in 1947 when they stormed out of the U.N. vowing to destroy Israel, and in doing so they failed to destroy Israel, but they sure as hell destroyed the Palestinian State, in their insistance in the destruction of Israel.

17. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I'm saying Jews and Palestinians are genetically dissimilar. I don't know how similar the Jewish-Palestinian group is to the inhabitants of 3000 years ago. There is such a thing as immigration and drift, you know.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You have evidence? Aren't you contradicting your previous post?

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Unfortunately for your point, this is not actually going on.

They are? How curious. And here I'd been given to understand from people on this forum that the Israelis of the 1940s were the better guerrila fighters. Tell me - you or Sam - was it all right that they resisted then? I mean, seeing as how they were oppressed, you know.

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Already posted, ages ago. You really want the link that bad?

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

From what I have read, Palestinians are highly similar to the Lebanese. I know that Y-chromosome analysis has shown a Canaanite marker among the Lebanese, but I am not aware of this study being done in the Palestinians. Geographically, they are close enough that the possibility exists.

22. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Tell this to the Palestinians who have suffered 50 years of oppression and genocide by the Israelis. Palestinians are the native inhabitants of the Holy Land and they have treated its Jewish and Cristian population with peace and respect for more than 1000 years. Notice that only when the European Christians (Crusaders) or the European Jews (Zionists) took control of the land that we have a conflict. You cannot force out, through terror, half of the Palestinian population, and then force the Palestinian people to deny their right of return. Also, Israel has consistently been the main cause of disharmony and anger between the Muslim world and the West.

The only problem with the Palestinian factions is that they lack strong unified leadership. The Muslim world, through pressure from the US on behalf of Israel, is kept out of the conflict through threats of sanctions and war. The legitimate right of the Palestinian people has been repressed far too long by the Israeli war machine.

23. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

There was an mtDNA study and a couple of functional gene sequence studies too - can't remember which ones. Anyway. A "Caanite marker"? For real? Let me know if you have a link.