Another Fence??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Michael, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

There is seriously something wrong going on here. I'm wondering where else these fences are going to start poping up? France?

Thai idea to fence off attacks

"I have instructed the Thai Supreme Command (military) to build a fence at sensitive points, not along the whole demarcation line," Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said after a meeting with Muslim leaders on Tuesday.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Undecided Banned Banned

The issue with this is that Thailand is not violating any borders, and is making it in her defense. The entire ideological situation is different then the one in Israel/Palestine, there both sides are antagonists. Here I would imagine that Malaysia secretly or overtly recognizes that there is a radical Islamic problem and should be dealing with it in the most appropriate way. Now I think that fences are not solutions to problems, the fence in the US against illegal immigrants from Mexico is not working obviously. I think fences create a sense of seperationism, and as a result ppl on the fenced out part believe that it is racist, or prejudice, etc. And that hatred and things of that nature will increase. It is basic human psychology; we all want to be accepted.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.