Another explanation of musical decay...

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Xev, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Xev Registered Senior Member

http://www.policyreview.org/dec04/eberstadt.html

Christianity, religion of the irresponsible, inveighs on pop music.
    The answer?
    It's our parent's fault that we listen to insipid, talentless clones.
    Why, little Johnny isn't listening to nu-metal because he's a soulless cretin, he's just suffering from his absentee parents.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

In other words, the music we listen to is better.

Why?

Because we said so - and we have two parents to prove it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Perfect Masturbation without hands Registered Senior Member

SS"In other words, the music we listen to is better.

Why?"

It's because we listen to music that requires no pretty faces to make up for the lack of personality. Or so we tell ourselves.. eventhough that blood loving maniac singing about genocide looks fucking awesome in those underground pics we have hidden somewhere.
    Or then its all that background info we have about Beethoven telling us everything there is to know about him, which makes the music so much more appealing to us.

My old man listens to ministry.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xev Registered Senior Member

"Because we said so - and we have two parents to prove it."

How could anyone have less than two parents? It's not biologically possible.

Perkele:
    It's a point but not fully. Sure, Cannibal Corpse may be as pushy in terms of image as Alicia Keys, but I won't claim that I prefer "The Wretched Spawn" to "Generic Love Song #467" because Corpsegrinder is so much more talented than Alicia is.

Although I'll argue that C.C has more talent than most any popular band.

Point is that you can't blame your absentee father for everything.
    Especially not for your shitty band.

8. Perfect Masturbation without hands Registered Senior Member

"Point is that you can't blame your absentee father for everything."

You can't, but you can thank him for not fucking up your music taste with marathons of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

And Alicia, it's terrible how someone can create such personality in ones act by just fiddling up and down the scale trying to fit that 'moonlight sonata' sound into it. Who the fuck is gullable enough to fall into that hole.
    "Look.. she plays the piano, AND it sounds somewhat.. classical. She MUST be the new thing in pop music.."

9. nbachris2788 Registered Senior Member

It's pop music, not Carnegie Hall. I don't listen to Alicia Keyes, but just because she isn't the reincarnation of Liszt doesn't mean she sucks. At least she can play an instrument well, unlike most pop stars out there.

10. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Ever heard of Jeezus?

What I meant to say was a mother and father. Sorry, thought it was implied.

11. Perfect Masturbation without hands Registered Senior Member

nbachris : "It's pop music, not Carnegie Hall. I don't listen to Alicia Keyes, but just because she isn't the reincarnation of Liszt doesn't mean she sucks. At least she can play an instrument well, unlike most pop stars out there."

Can you read? Im not talking about talent, im talking about image. Just because someone combines piano with the regular pop act, does not mean it's original nor special.. these people should stop trying to be something they are not, and just accept the role of the marionette.