Anorexia kills Brazilian model

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Sandoz, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Sandoz Girl Named Sandoz Registered Senior Member

An anorexic Brazilian model just died from her disease. (Story)

I think this is totally fucked up. It's one thing to want to look athletic, or even thin, but the way fashion models look is just ridiculous. I don't know any woman (including me) who truly feels good about her body. This is in part due to our nature, but the fashion industry imposing impossible, photoshopped standards of beauty on women multiplies it.

Women need to take their fate into their own hands and start setting some realistic beauty standards. And stop feeling so goddamn bad about themselves. Either you want to be thin, you shut up, watch your diet and work out like I do, either you don't and you shovel chocolate down your throat, which is just as good. The problem we have today is the girls who feel bad about their body, so they eat to feel better, so they look bad, so they eat etc. Grr.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

What about the female you are promoting in your avatar? I can see her ribs and her arms are like twigs. The boobs make it a nice erotic shot, but take away the boobs and you have a VERY skinny possibly anorexic model.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

I share your anger Sandoz I have spent the last 5 years helping my g/f recover from Bulimia.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

did you participate in the 'most beautiful woman on Earth ' thread?

it's all about promoting skinny females,

I don't see any average weight or fatties there? You guys are full of shit. You stop desiring trophy girlfriends who look like they haven't had a meal in months and we'll start piling the pounds back on. I like my body but that's because it fits the present desired view but now and again I feel I should be thinner because that is what the media is shoving down my throat! MEDIA Stop shoving!

8. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Im pretty sure one I posted was average weight.

9. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

I never even opened that thread, it didn't interest me. But I certainly would not have chosen a skinny model thats for sure. I encourage my g/f to be within the normal healthy weight range and that is all that concerns me. But I would prefer her to be nearer the top than then bottom.

10. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Skinny women look more fertile than overweight women. Humans are simply biological machines designed by nature to pass genes and replicate.

Humans are nothing special.

11. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

actually ab, skinny women have more trouble conceiving than overweight women, some anorexics can never have children even after they recover and gain weight due the damage it does to their insides.

skinny women look fertile how? How do no breasts and bones project an image of fertility exactly? Note Sandoz anorexic avatar has had a boob job thus any image of fertility you gleam from that is 'fictional'.

12. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

out of interest what height is your gf and what do you consider her 'healthy weight' range to be?

13. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I never said anything about anorexic women. Your comment involved skinny women. So, we talk in general. Anorexia is a different story.

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/news/story.phtml?id=2347

You tell me that overweight women have an hourglass shape? Maybe peach shape.

14. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

She is 9 Stone and 5 5" I don't have any personal idea of what is healthy I go by offical health guides and I think she is in the middle. If she went higher than the guide I would encourage her to maintain but other than that I don't care what her weight is.

15. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

hourgalss women are generally NOT skinny Ab, skinny tend to go straight up and straight down, BUT

hourglass can apply to size 6 to size 20+, as long as they go in at the waist more than the chest and hips, then they have the hourglass shape and thus the shape does not relate to weight.

meanwhile I don't give that link any credit.

16. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

This is funny, people are writing about poverty and this model is starving her own self. This world has to be the best reality show beaming back to the universe.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Skinny to me is showing your body's frame with little ambiguity. Overweight people don't show it very well. The dictionary disagree's with me, but basically to me it means "not overweight."

So we are arguing on different definitions.

Why don't you give the link any credit? Surely I could find more... but why? Is it because you find it hard to believe that a women's body may actually displays signs telling whether or not she may be worth it for men to persue simply for making babies and passing on genes?

Here is something similar... but it's more general: http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0962-8452(19990122)266:1415<211:VCTFPA>2.0.CO;2-S

It uses BMI... even though I think it's trash, it's works "in general."

18. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Who in the fuck determines what a model should look like? I have no fucking idea. Because most guys that I know, "love" Women with Big tits & Round Asses. These models are nothing more then a bag of bones. Brazillian women are classified as the most sexiest women in the world. There was no need for her to alter anything about her.

19. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

The model essentially does. In their minds (anorexics), they see themselves as fat.

It's funny that some bodybuilder's have a similar problem.. only they do not think they are ever big enough. Look at those like Ronnie Coleman. Those like him are getting too big... they think they look good, but they think they can look even better bigger. And they do, every year they are bigger. They are actually WAY past ideal.

The ideal body for men is something like Steve Reeves. I believe it's based on an ancient Greek standard. I have a feeling the golden ratio comes into play somewhere

Most people agree he was the most proportioned man in history, if not one of the most.

20. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Women like skinny women not men! Women often don't dress to impress men it more to impress or out do other women.

21. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

..she still has to reduce some fat

22. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Jesus! that is more repulsive than any fat woman.

23. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Wow. That cannot be a serious photo shoot.