Anniversary gift

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Orleander, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Well, as most of you know, I hate spending money. Most also know my husband buys me jewlery and it goes against every practical fibre in my body. I have asked him over and over not to.
    I got platinum/diamond earring for our anniversary. I just looked at him dumb-founded. I know people say 'its the thought that counts', but what is the thought here? Is the thought "I don't care what you tell me, I'm going to get you what I want to get you"?
    He could tell I was mad so he whippe dout my other gift. Another piece of jewelry. A spongebob necklace. Love it! So he does know me, but just chooses not to listen to me???

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But he did listen, he just doesn't pay attention.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Maybe it was buy one get one free?

Maybe HE likes to see YOU in jewelry? Is that really so bad every once in a while?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lepustimidus Banned Banned

You never stop bitching about your husband, do you? He buys you something nice because he loves you, and you get all snarky. I'll be honest, Orleander, you grate on my nerves. Be thankful that ANY man wants to torture himself by having kids with you and tolerating your bullshit.

As to him 'over-riding' your request not to buy anything expensive. Some men think that when women say "I don't want an expensive present!", they don't actually mean it deep down, and are secretly disappointed when they don't receive one. And who can blame a man for thinking that? Women tend to be far less direct than men.

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

What if every Christmas, Fathers Day, anniversary and birthday, I bought him a tie because I like to see him in them? They are expensive Italian silk ties that cost a bit.

Would you want the same gift that just looks different? Do you want that gift every year for years even when you have said "no more!"

I know some people see me as ungrateful and say "Its the thought that counts" Yes, it is. That's why I loved the SpongeBob necklace. But if its the thought that counts, why be happy with a gift that took no thought what-so-ever? Its just the same thing over and over and over.

9. lepustimidus Banned Banned

Is there such a thing as a woman who doesn't enjoy receiving expensive jewellery?

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

:wave:
    Its what I've been telling him for 14 years

11. lepustimidus Banned Banned

What a woman says she wants, and what she actually wants, are sometimes two different things.

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

And I don't. I think that is why you don't like me. I say what I want, how I want, when I want. I'm a grown-up, not a little high-schooler. My husband doesn't need to translate what I say.

Now, why is it wrong to say I don't want jewelry? Why is it wrong to be upset when I get what I have told him over and over? Why is it seen as ungrateful?

13. lepustimidus Banned Banned

I think the bigger question here is why your husband tolerates you.

If you don't want the gift, go pawn it.

14. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Keep the jewelry, just make him wear it if you want some raunchy sex session. It would soon stop him buy that and of course anything girly [i.e. Handbags/purses, shoes] (However doesn't rule out: Latex rubber, Leather, Chains/Whips and other assorted weird and wonderful nick nacks.)

15. draqon Banned Banned

my assumption here is that he forgets.

16. mrow Unless Registered Senior Member

Maybe he thinks you just don't want it because of its expensiveness only and that he doesn't mind spending the money on you. Maybe he doesn't know you really don't want it for what it is, not just because of the cost.

17. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Solutions:

1. Divorce the bastard already!

or

2. Sell the jewelry on Ebay or in a pawnshow. Cash is king! (in case you want to keep the bastard around)

18. draqon Banned Banned

Syzygys...love is more important then money

divorce and selling do nothing to solve the issue

19. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Any women saying that she doesn't want something is sending mixed signals.

Guy: "Let me have your number." (I want your phone number to call you)
    Girl: "No, let me have yours." (I am testing you)
    Guy: (WTF)

- or -

Guy: "Let's go to XYZ for lunch at 12." (I'm hungry and I want to take you with me)
    Girl: "No, I'm not going to have time." (I have time and I love that place)
    Guy: "Oh, ok. I'll just skip lunch."
    Girl: "Sorry." (why doesn't he go anyway)

- or -

Girl: "Honey, how are you doing tonight?"
    Guy: "I'm exhausted from work."
    Girl: "Oh I'm sorry. Don't worry about doing the dishes." (You better do them)
    Guy: "Thanks, honey."
    *Hours later*
    Girl: "The dishes are still here. When are you going to do them?"
    Guy: "..."

20. draqon Banned Banned

Absane...your anti-feministic approach to life is far from reality

21. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Where am I anti feministic? I'd be interested to hear.

22. draqon Banned Banned

Are you kidding me? reading from your male-female conversations one can conclude how evil females are by letting their tired husbands do the dishes when they themselves agreed to it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And then the asking out for lunch deal were yet again your example shows how evil the women is by not going with the guy to lunch even though she wanted to...I mean come on...Absane...you learned your math, but never did the social sciences...you need to explore the crevices, learn of the deep ravines. But then who am I to say this, but a looser just like you.

I got my degree...the end. Signed, Absane.

23. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

Actually what Absane says seems to be true for many women.