Animorphs : What happened?!?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by %BlueSoulRobot%, Aug 31, 2002.

1. animorphfan_jyotsna Registered Member

HI, I may be only 11 , but I have read most of the animorph books and also have most of them too! Rachel dies at the end, but i am going to write to the author(K.A. Applegate) and tell her to write more books because me and many others in my school hate the ending. I hate it mostly because Rachel was my role model.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Sad!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

usually such continued books end up worse than if they were left alone. Just look at Sherlock Holmes!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

Holy Hell.. I completly forgot that series exsisted???
    I used to read it and it 'rocked'. YES it did. Then i grew out of it (sort of because of the TV series)
    I think I got up to about 18... (in the series) and read a couple of the bigger past story type book things.
    Dam, it has all come floodin' back.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ax23000 Registered Member

Tsk, tsk to all of you who stopped reading the series. And to those thinking that you're 'too smart' for the books--shame on you, because you're missing a hell of a lot of depth. The best example of this can be seen in the final ten books or so. The moral issues raised here are next to brilliant, and way beyond what any writer of books for this age bracket ussually does. Stuff like Jake sending Rachel to kill his brother, even knowing that she will probably not live through it. Jake ordering the execution of thousands of defenseless Yeerks. Destroying the Yeerk pool even knowing that innocent civilians will die. The fact that everything isn't tied up in a pretty bow at the end. Having Visser Three tried for War Crimes, and then having Visser Three accuse them. Man, I could go on all day. Point is, this was a really smart series, and those of you who gave up on it missed a lot.

8. Animan351 Registered Member

Man i miss the animorphs . I read up to #24 and then the library skipped 25 and had 26 through 32 (32 was just recently written at the time).I was stubborn of course about waiting to get # 25 to read and requested it at my library,but it never came .
    I'm 21 now and I'm STILL LOOKING for the pdf to get put on the net sometime so i can finally finish them and be at piece with the best book series EVER!!

Lets hope this site pays out in spades!! They want to get some people who have the books to retype, or scan or anything else to get the series put on the net.

http://anifandom.utopian-dreams.com/

:m: my birthdays 4/20

:m:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2004
  9. Roman Banned Banned

Oh man, my friend got into this series, so I read his books. I lost track somewhere when they had to fight the red primates when time got stopped, and then read the last book.

What I can remember of the last book:

A bunch of Yerk hosts get Andalite morph tech (I think) and are on a space ship with Rachel. Rachel's in her grizzly battle morph, and goes down fighting. Actually, the metal space station floor get slippy with blood, and so she looses her footing and gets swarmed.

All the Taxxon (and yerks, too, I think) get andalite morph tech, are turned into anacondas, and released in South America. They get amnesty as snakes. heh.

The funny kid (Marco?) gets a talkshow... The whole alien thing comes out to the whole world. Earth becomes a tourist destination for Andalites.

I think the Vissars get hunted down. Totally happy ending.

10. Animan351 Registered Member

i don't wanna be told want happens

I just wanna get the chance to read them.
    heh,I didnt think about it before,but my screen name kinda works out well for being an Animorphs fan,even though i made it because of my love for Japanese anime

11. greaserhero746 Registered Member

Actually, it's in no way a happy ending. Since you don't want to be told, I won't tell you. Anyways, I've been wondering, does anyone know what happened to the Yeerks? Not the ones on Earth, but the ones on the home planet? I know the Andalites put a blockade on them, but did they acquire permanent morphs or did they keep their hosts. I know the ones on Earth got permanent morphs, but I don't think they ever said whatever happened to the others. Please, tell me!

12. Saaskie Registered Member

You found some fo the later whats?

13. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

LOL... all these new people join because of the Animorphs?

hehe

14. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Shit. I remember this book series. I read it too once upon a time. Then I kinda lost interest.

This is a fucking old thread. End of August, 2002.

15. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

This thread started 05-01-04, 04:32 PM.

Owned?

16. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

Actually, the thread started at 08-30-02, 08:06 PM

and was revived at 05-01-04, 04:32 PM.

and again at 02-09-06, 10:19 PM

And this time around at 06-24-06, 12:05 AM

Thats triple pwnt.

17. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Oh shit... how did I do that? I can swear I went to to the first page and saw that date. WTF.

I was owned.

18. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

19. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I see my error... I did not know I was on page 2... I thought it was a single page thread so I scrolled up.

20. Rantaak Registered Senior Member

I think I have all of them, as well as the andalite chronicles, hork-bajir chronicles, and the ellimist one. I also have a buncha the 'choose your own adventure' animorph books (megamorphs). Damn, I used to be really into that. I don't think I ever finished reading though.

21. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

Revival number 5!

22. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

[insert zombie voice] the pain, the pain.......

23. AlkaWek Registered Member

People who were dissatisfied with the original Animorph ending should know that there is a full-length alternative available for on-line reading at http://members.shaw.ca/jcmlott/